Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ghost of Tsushima

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

GOTY for me....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Slightly off-topic but I just realised that a t-shirt i bought in Penney's ages ago for a fiver has a lovely Sumi-E design with "Tsushima" on it.

asad.png

tgt.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭jones

Got this on sale the other night on PSN for €55 and i have to say i love it. With TLOU2 and general life stuff i havent been gaming much the last few months but this is a cracking game. Really loving it playing on the pro on an OLED and its amazing looking. I am probably about 8 hours in but really digging it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I just found it lacked any sort of originality. Go to a village/encampment kill everyone repeat. With no real incentive to change up how you approach each village.
    Maybe i should go back and mainline the main story and see if it helps me get into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

weiland79 wrote: »
    I just found it lacked any sort of originality. Go to a village/encampment kill everyone repeat. With no real incentive to change up how you approach each village.
    Maybe i should go back and mainline the main story and see if it helps me get into it.
    I enjoyed it a lot but can't disagree with you that it doesn't do anything new .

I did enjoy the story though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Just wondering has anyone ever bought from these guys before? Decent price for Ghost of Tsushima at €40. I always buy physical but its still €65 in most places and now level 5 restrictions are here :(

https://www.gamecards.net/product/ghost-of-tsushima-ps4/?gclid=CjwKCAjwlbr8BRA0EiwAnt4MTv0Cmej_3D1i9oAnPNLAF2bNl3X27rCkqRRld1NYMgCRgzLpUSkzLBoCbjIQAvD_BwE

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

mutley18 wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone ever bought from these guys before? Decent price for Ghost of Tsushima at €40. I always buy physical but its still €65 in most places and now level 5 restrictions are here :(

https://www.gamecards.net/product/ghost-of-tsushima-ps4/?gclid=CjwKCAjwlbr8BRA0EiwAnt4MTv0Cmej_3D1i9oAnPNLAF2bNl3X27rCkqRRld1NYMgCRgzLpUSkzLBoCbjIQAvD_BwE

Worth taking a chance at that price tbh.

mutley18 wrote: »

From the site
    This Game is Not a CD or Disc. We deliver the original game to you via E-mail with a PS4 account that you can download and play for a lifetime. FAQ.

It's an account with the game on it. What's to stop them from locking you out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

From the site
    This Game is Not a CD or Disc. We deliver the original game to you via E-mail with a PS4 account that you can download and play for a lifetime. FAQ.

Agree with this. Downloading accounts for use is extremely dodgy and risky. You've no recourse if you get shafted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

From the site

If that is true then don't touch it with a bargepole. Its like when you see people selling consoles on adverts saying it has free games when really they are tied to the account on the console and are practically useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Anyone looking to play this on Multiplayer?

Raids are starting the end of the month and Id say they are great craic. Sound off a PM and I can help peeps lvl up getting rdy for the raid, as I have 3 chars at 100+ level so looking for peeps to farm and raid with.

Excellent game in co-op but communication a must.....no LONE WOLFS!!!!

LMAO

I'm finding this game to be pretty humourless, which is making it a slog for me. Of course not everything needs to be funny, but even funerals have welcome moments of brevity.

This just feels to follow a very well defined plan for an open world game, and the story isn't engaging enough to keep me interested.

I actually downloaded South Park stick of destiny for a complete change in tone!

Maybe it's just the times. I usually like Japanese stuff (not anime but books like Shogun) so a bit disappointed. May come back to it another time

weiland79 wrote: »

Yeah, exactly like the last two Assassins Creed games. Maybe because I played them this year but Ghosts feels very old to me.

Hope the new AC doesn't follow that exact blueprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So, my first attempt at this was at launch and i just couldn't get hooked on it but really didn't give it enough time. With the ps5 upgrade and 40 euro price atm, I'm very tempted to try again. Has there been any/many quality of life patches? Is the online any good? Much difference in the ps5 upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    So, my first attempt at this was at launch and i just couldn't get hooked on it but really didn't give it enough time. With the ps5 upgrade and 40 euro price atm, I'm very tempted to try again. Has there been any/many quality of life patches? Is the online any good? Much difference in the ps5 upgrade?

The 60fps on PS5 is immense, it is so smooth. World of difference. Loading times way low shorter too. I'm loving it, nearly at the end of it. It does take a few hours to take off though so stick with it if/when you do go pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

I'm finding this game to be pretty humourless, which is making it a slog for me. Of course not everything needs to be funny, but even funerals have welcome moments of brevity.

This just feels to follow a very well defined plan for an open world game, and the story isn't engaging enough to keep me interested.

I actually downloaded South Park stick of destiny for a complete change in tone!

Maybe it's just the times. I usually like Japanese stuff (not anime but books like Shogun) so a bit disappointed. May come back to it another time

This is what separates The Witcher 3 from all the other open world rpgs. It's combat maybe lacking but The Witcher 3 with its fantasy world of Witches Ghouls Vampires Ghosts and other creatures makes it so much more interesting than Tsushima and the AC games . The former are too realistic and get very boring very quick. I know the Assassins creed games have Fantasy elements but not as many as the witcher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Why is this game still £42 in Cex?

• Advertisement

The 60fps on PS5 is immense, it is so smooth. World of difference. Loading times way low shorter too. I'm loving it, nearly at the end of it. It does take a few hours to take off though so stick with it if/when you do go pick it up.

Picked it up today for 40 in smyths, looking forward to some 60fps sword play.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

RasTa wrote: »
    Why is this game still £42 in Cex?

It's not out 6 months yet, and like most first party single player games from Sony, it doesn't drop in price for ages. Days Gone is still €60 on the store, but has had price drops throughout. Spiderman came out in 2018 and is only €40 now (without MM and on PS4).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just bought the game, can those outfits be used in single player or multiplayer only?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Just bought the game, can those outfits be used in single player or multiplayer only?

Multiplayer only

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Just finished the single player. Looked great on the PS5. Some definite lulls at times as I went for all the collectibles, but enjoyed it and the ending was great.

Is the multiplayer any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Played for an hour last night, got a hankering for some samurai action so ended up watching Sword of Vengeance. Enjoyable game so far, smashing movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This is a very chill game. There is lots to find but I don't feel overwhelmed and I'm not checking the map every 30 seconds to see what's around and where to go. I can't be dealing with maps like this in games anymore, it sets my teeth on edge...

preview-65-1-960x540.jpg

I ****ing hated that AC map and even with Cyberpunk, I get annoyed everytime I open it up. Absolute cluster**** and i spend more time watching the minimap than the actual game. More devs definitely need to innovate like sucker punch for what they did with this.

Advertisement