Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fake watch busters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Experts lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

TheW1zard wrote: »
    Experts lol

The person to mention anyone being an expert was you.

No one else made that claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,400 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Experts lol

This thread has helped many people (yourself included) to not get ripped off, If you are only here to mock people's knowledge then I feel sad for you. No one has claimed to be an "expert" but please keep throwing out silly insults, It shows everyone the kind of dishonest poster that you are.

=Yeah but posting that a rolex is fake when its 130 euro is laughable. The forum is good and its interesting to see the expensive watches been caught out. You dont need a degree in horology to know that a solid gold rolex doesnt go for 50 quid for example!
    Im sorry if i hurt your feelings :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

=Yeah but posting that a rolex is fake when its 130 euro is laughable. The forum is good and its interesting to see the expensive watches been caught out. You dont need a degree in horology to know that a solid gold rolex doesnt go for 50 quid for example!
    Fully agree, we all love laughing at €130 awful "homages" and enjoy seeing posts calling them out. It's our equivalent of the skangermobile thread on Motors.

The best thing about this forum is the lack of snobbery and judgement. We all have a common interest and a nice €50 Casio gets the same appreciation as a Patek/AP. Leave your nonsense comments at the door if you want to participate. :pac:

• Advertisement

Cheap obvious fakes are usually posted here to draw attention to them for the many moderators that operator on here from adverts.

People are pointing out the obvious fakes to get them removed is all.

I don’t see anyone “arriving breathless” to the thread announcing they have discovered a fake that no one else could see. The post just before your was more highlighting how bad a fake it was and how expensive it was for a fake.

My feelings ain’t hurt but I am enjoying watching you chasing your tail. Your posting history on the forum is littered with asking questions but you continue to **** on it.

893bet wrote: »
    Cheap obvious fakes are usually posted here to draw attention to them for the many moderators that operator on here from adverts.

People are pointing out the obvious fakes to get them removed is all.

I don’t see anyone “arriving breathless” to the thread announcing they have discovered a fake that no one else could see. The post just before your was more highlighting how bad a fake it was and how expensive it was for a fake.

My feelings ain’t hurt but I am enjoying watching you chasing your tail. Your posting history on the forum is littered with asking questions but you continue to **** on it.

Thanks for that George Daniels :rolleyes:

Thanks for that George Daniels :rolleyes:

You are welcome Christy Brown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

This is hilarious.....

Look TheW1zard...the adverts mods watch this thread to get rid of fakes, people post all the time low cost fakes just to get them gone off adverts. Done deal does not unfortunately have such a strict rule about copyright infringements, so if anyone googles the link they might come across this and save themselves. For as many dumb sellers selling obvious fakes there are as many naive buyers, of buyers that will buy it for 130 and next thing its up for 4k on adverts.

I know you point was "pifft...sure anyone in their right mind would know that fake, thanks sooooo much for posting horology experts" but you can see that thats a childish thing to say, and you got called out bad. Stop digging.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

david wrote: »
    Fully agree, we all love laughing at €130 awful "homages" and enjoy seeing posts calling them out. It's our equivalent of the skangermobile thread on Motors.

Exactly, the bad fakes are the best bit! Most people wouldn't spot a good fake from an adverts photo if it was selling at the price of a gen. The low price is the giveaway for a fake.

I come here to laugh at the shítters. The worse, the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Yeah, I always came here to point and laugh.

Used to get peeved at posters that didn't take a screenshot before the advert was zapped.

Dunno about this one, from the Gangland Shooting thread:
    Jeff2 wrote: »
    Better picture with info on top left of it.

526487.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

Cheap obvious fakes are usually posted here to draw attention to them for the many few moderators that operator on here from adverts.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Pablo_Flox wrote: »

Thats the bestest evar
    Clipboard01.jpg

Another one you need a loupe to judge :p

https://www.adverts.ie/dress/rolex/21602199

NTQ3-Mj-Zl-ZTJi-OTM2-MTBh-Mm-Fi-YWZl-ZGRm-ZTE3-Yz-A1-Nzbjtx-Dgjnjrzo-R2-BEi-B7-G-ma-HR0c-Dov-L21l-ZG.jpg

The dodgy AP's are out in force these days

https://www.adverts.ie/casual/men-s-watches/21337804

Screenshot-2020-09-28-210801.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Holy (moly) trinity ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Bad enough that's it's an awful Del boy standard fake...
    But!
    Then he went and had Unkel take his pics! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭Homer

Fitz II wrote: »
    The dodgy AP's are out in force these days

https://www.adverts.ie/casual/men-s-watches/21337804

Screenshot-2020-09-28-210801.png

Bang and the dirt is gone ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

All seems legit.....

Screenshot-20200930-143547-Advertsie.jpg
    Screenshot-20200930-143549-Advertsie.jpg
    Screenshot-20200930-143553-Advertsie.jpg
    Screenshot-20200930-143602-Advertsie.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,765 ✭✭✭✭unkel

We have a WINNER :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The bracelet looks like the lowest quality in the history of watchmaking.

You're all very touchy!

You're all very touchy!

Didnt we explain this thread to you already, you are either trolling or thick at this stage, which is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭Homer

Didnt we explain this thread to you already, you are either trolling or thick at this stage, which is it?

Did ya ever think it might be a bit of both?

If I see a very obvious fake later I might post a link.

And not post images.

Just to annoy a few people when they click the dead link later.

Bad boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭banie01

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

If I see a very obvious fake later I might post a link.

And not post images.

Just to annoy a few people when they click the dead link later.

Bad boy.

Don't open that can of worms again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,765 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Advertisement