Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRR and Illness Benefit Recoupment

• 14-09-2020 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I'm currently on sick leave and have recently exhausted my Critical Illness 12 month sick leave. I have moved to Temporary Rehabilitation Remuneration in the last month.

I am a PRSI class A employee.

In all the literature I can find online TRR should be paid in addition to illness benefit.

However, in my pay slips the illness benefit is being recouped from my TRR leaving me with little or no TRR pay. I am basically reliant on illness benefit.

I know that in 2019 the system changed so that the Dept could recoup Illness Benefit from salary but TRR is not salary.

In all the cornmarket presentations, etc TRR was paid in addition to illness benefit.

Can anyone please clarify? I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

Teacher45 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm currently on sick leave and have recently exhausted my Critical Illness 12 month sick leave. I have moved to Temporary Rehabilitation Remuneration in the last month.

I am a PRSI class A employee.

In all the literature I can find online TRR should be paid in addition to illness benefit.

However, in my pay slips the illness benefit is being recouped from my TRR leaving me with little or no TRR pay. I am basically reliant on illness benefit.

I know that in 2019 the system changed so that the Dept could recoup Illness Benefit from salary but TRR is not salary.

In all the cornmarket presentations, etc TRR was paid in addition to illness benefit.

Can anyone please clarify? I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks,
    Have you asked your union? Im afraid Im not familiar with it but will ask a colleague in a similar position.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Teacher45

Bobtheman wrote: »
    Have you asked your union? Im afraid Im not familiar with it but will ask a colleague in a similar position.

Thanks very much for the response. Let me know how you get on. Appreciate it.

Advertisement