Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Has anyone ordered from Shein?

• 29-06-2020 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭

I've seen a few things I'd love but I'm unsure as I'd never heard of it and it's in China.

For anyone who's used the site, does it take ages to arrive and whats the sizing like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I ordered a few things - tops for work. Ordered my normal size and they are great. Took a few weeks to arrive but hey ho
    My daughter said some of her friends order from there and the dresses are a bit cheap fabric but the tops I got are for work and I love them. Going to put another order in this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

I ordered a few things - tops for work. Ordered my normal size and they are great. Took a few weeks to arrive but hey ho
    My daughter said some of her friends order from there and the dresses are a bit cheap fabric but the tops I got are for work and I love them. Going to put another order in this week

Yeah I was looking a a cheap dress and a few tshirts to try it out, got a few good reviews from other people since so I'll go for it :) thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Just ordered another load of stuff yesterday and it has been shipped! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I've only ordered once and went through each items sizes by cm measurements and looked at the stretch of the material.
    I was really happy with my stuff but I was nervous about it coming from china and ordered a bit bigger than I needed.Totally unnecessary.
    Got my 15 year old niece a few crop tops and she's delighted to be "on trend" but none of her friends have the exact same.

I've about 13 dollars in credit from checking in on the app and reviewing items so I think I'll treat myself to a few bits at the end of the month because its my birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

Just ordered another load of stuff yesterday and it has been shipped! :)

A few dodgy youtube reviews made me nervous but I'm going to give it a try:) Let me know how you get on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

I've ordered a few times.

First order was some tops and a dress. The tops were fine, perfect fit in my normal size. The dress, I checked the measurements on and had to size up based on the chart (different measurements for different items) but once you follow each size guide, it's fine. That particular dress was surprisingly great quality, thick heavy material (jumper kind of dress).

Another order I received the other day. The dress I got was a perfect fit, but poor quality, I'll be sending it to a charity shop. It's Wish quality. And a t-shirt dress I got is Penneys quality (and price, so that's fine) but too big so I'll need to belt it, but I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 beamoflight

Shein doesn't have great recommendations that I can find. Have you shopped at buviz.com?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mandas

I have not bought it on shein, but I has bought wholesale clothing from other Chinese supplier Nihaojewelry. The delivery speed is not as slow as I thought. I think shein should be similar.

I ordered and it took about 2 weeks which I had no problem with as it stated that when ordering, I got 2 cardis, very happy with them, read the reviews as they're very detailed and lots of people post photos on them.

Advertisement