Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Tent campsites in Ireland for kids

• 03-09-2020 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭

So Ive been reminded of a promise I made to take the kids camping (ages 7 and 10).
    Everyone else weasled out of it so im on my own :)

Looking for somewhere we can go with lots of activities for kids for about 4 days.
    All we have is a tent and cooking stuff and a car :)

Can anyone tell me the best tent campsites to take kids to?
    Somewhere that has lots of activities, somewhere to eat (restaurant, chip shop, pub with food), shower facilities etc.
    Basically somewhere like centerparcs (just kidding), but with lots to do for the kids. Maybe even a kids club?
    I thought hidden valley in Wicklow looked great, but have limited availability.
    So somewhere like that would be ideal. Willing to go anywhere within 2 hours drive of Dublin I guess.

Total camping novice here.
    Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Markcheese

JimmyVik wrote: »
    So Ive been reminded of a promise I made to take the kids camping (ages 7 and 10).
    Everyone else weasled out of it so im on my own :)

Looking for somewhere we can go with lots of activities for kids for about 4 days.
    All we have is a tent and cooking stuff and a car :)

Can anyone tell me the best tent campsites to take kids to?
    Somewhere that has lots of activities, somewhere to eat (restaurant, chip shop, pub with food), shower facilities etc.
    Basically somewhere like centerparcs (just kidding), but with lots to do for the kids. Maybe even a kids club?
    I thought hidden valley in Wicklow looked great, but have limited availability.
    So somewhere like that would be ideal. Willing to go anywhere within 2 hours drive of Dublin I guess.

Total camping novice here.
    Thanks for the help.

There's a place in tipp ,but I can't remember the name , it's a farm .. I ll see if I can track it down

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I think it's parsons green , clogheen

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Markcheese wrote: »
    I think it's parsons green , clogheen
    its been maybe 10 plus years since i was there but it was a kip then so hopefully improved!

op best look on https://www.camping-ireland.ie/ to get a few places and then look at the sites facebook page. there are a good few sites not taking tents and those that are have limited numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Thanks guys.
    It has to be a tent. They will accept nothing else :)
    Doing a practice run in the garden tomorrow night with them.
    What have I let myself in for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭alias no.9

For on site activities Hidden Valley, Parsons Green, Lough Key (not sure if they're taking tents, they weren't when they reopened) or the IOAC in Wexford.

Kids often just want a beach, somewhere like Morriscastle Strand might suit, they have direc beach access.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Morriscastle stopped taking tents this year, not good enough for them.

River valley in Wicklow is another one to add to the list.

Bring your ear plugs or join in the all night karaoke seems to be the theme for 2020 however.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,961 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Try Lough Key or there may be a place in Red Cross. There is a open farm in Slane that runs a campsite or maybe Newgrange Farm

Advertisement