Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lens Implants

• 13-10-2019 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

I can’t get laser eye surgery done but I’ve been told I’m suitable for lens implant surgery.
    Has anyone here had this surgery done? What were your experiences of the surgery and the before and after care?
    I’ve been for the first consultation for this surgery and I’m looking for as much information as possible before deciding what to do next.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

MusSpo13 wrote: »
    I can’t get laser eye surgery done but I’ve been told I’m suitable for lens implant surgery.
    Has anyone here had this surgery done? What were your experiences of the surgery and the before and after care?
    I’ve been for the first consultation for this surgery and I’m looking for as much information as possible before deciding what to do next.
    Thanks.

Hi Musspo,
    I’m also unable to get laser.
    What type of price range are talking for the lens implant surgery and what type of life span does it have?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MusSpo13

bono_v wrote: »
    Hi Musspo,
    I’m also unable to get laser.
    What type of price range are talking for the lens implant surgery and what type of life span does it have?

I was told it will be between €2900 and €3500 per eye. It’s all dependent on which type of lens will be used. Life span I’m not sure, can’t remember if the surgeon spoke about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭tommyjin83

I was told it will be between €2900 and €3500 per eye. It’s all dependent on which type of lens will be used. Life span I’m not sure, can’t remember if the surgeon spoke about this.

Hi there,

My wife is looking to get this done as well. Just wondering if you ever got it done in the end and how did get on? Results, costs and experience.

Thanks

tommyjin83 wrote: »
    Hi there,

My wife is looking to get this done as well. Just wondering if you ever got it done in the end and how did get on? Results, costs and experience.

Thanks

Yes I had it done just before Christmas. I'm delighted with the results. Vision is almost better than when I had glasses. Sometimes have a bit of a halo when looking at light directly but this was explained as a risk due to my high prescription and I barely notice it now.

It was €3300 per eye but cost depends on the lens that you have to get.

Overall experience was extremely positive. I got it done under Prov. Michael O Keeffe in the Mater Private. Both his team and the staff of the mater were excellent, really helpful, answered any questions I had and really put me at ease on the day of the surgeries. Each eye is done on a separate day, one week apart.
    I think he has now moved to a clinic in Kildare as they were in the process of moving out of the Mater Private when I was there for a check up a few months ago.

If you or your wife have any other questions, feel free to drop me a private message and I'll do my best to answer them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Yes I had it done just before Christmas. I'm delighted with the results. Vision is almost better than when I had glasses. Sometimes have a bit of a halo when looking at light directly but this was explained as a risk due to my high prescription and I barely notice it now.

It was €3300 per eye but cost depends on the lens that you have to get.

Overall experience was extremely positive. I got it done under Prov. Michael O Keeffe in the Mater Private. Both his team and the staff of the mater were excellent, really helpful, answered any questions I had and really put me at ease on the day of the surgeries. Each eye is done on a separate day, one week apart.
    I think he has now moved to a clinic in Kildare as they were in the process of moving out of the Mater Private when I was there for a check up a few months ago.

If you or your wife have any other questions, feel free to drop me a private message and I'll do my best to answer them.

Do you know the expected lifespan of the implants please?

Also, would they remove the need for varifocals for reading etc?

• Advertisement

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Do you know the expected lifespan of the implants please?

Also, would they remove the need for varifocals for reading etc?

I was told they last for good unless you have problems with cataracts, then they may need to be removed.

I'm not sure about varifocals, best to contact the clinic or book a consultation to find out about this.

Advertisement