Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air dart gun?

• 12-08-2020 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I have memories of an uncle having one back in the '80's, and trying them at a seaside funfair around the same time, and was wondering if there are any good options about?

I'm familiar with the 1 joule / 328 FPS limits that above would require a license, so looking for something under that limit.

Preferences: Pistol/handgun style, 0.177 darts, rather than pellets/BBs, spring/break-barrel type (no CO2), something that would have decent accuracy from about 3 to 5 meters, something that could be used in the garage.

Also, not looking for something that looks like a 1911 replica, just something for a little target practice. Something not too noisy either would be a plus.

Is there anything available that might fit the bill?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Unfortunately not, the projectile size is the issue.

Airsoft bbs are tiny and light, 6mm and .2g-.3g on average. - that's why you can still play the sport with a gun under 1 joule.

Paintballs, if I remember correctly, are 12 joules. So at that size you're already 12 times over the legal limit.

I can't even imagine how much force you'd need to fire a heavy dart, let alone something with enough power to stick into a target.

Advertisement