Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for an old Denny’s advert

• 29-07-2020 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

“As I’m sure some of you remember my Dad (Ray Lambe) was in a Denny Ireland ad. We think this was the late 90’s/ early 00’s. We have been desperately trying to get a copy of this as we don’t have one and it would be so special for us to have it now, especially to show my little boys their grandad. The ad was set at a party with the Tagline along the lines of ‘while Tom enjoyed the party, everyone else enjoyed the Denny cocktail sausages’ and my Dad was Tom. RTÉ do not have archives of ads and Denny have looked but so far to no avail. If anyone has any other ideas on how we can get a copy of this or happens to have a copy themselves please let us know. Thanks so much x”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

LunaClick wrote: »
    “As I’m sure some of you remember my Dad (Ray Lambe) was in a Denny Ireland ad. We think this was the late 90’s/ early 00’s. We have been desperately trying to get a copy of this as we don’t have one and it would be so special for us to have it now, especially to show my little boys their grandad. The ad was set at a party with the Tagline along the lines of ‘while Tom enjoyed the party, everyone else enjoyed the Denny cocktail sausages’ and my Dad was Tom. RTÉ do not have archives of ads and Denny have looked but so far to no avail. If anyone has any other ideas on how we can get a copy of this or happens to have a copy themselves please let us know. Thanks so much x”

That particular one doesn't ring a bell but there's a good few RTE/TV3/TG4 adbreaks from that period on YouTube. Bound to come across it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bebra

You might find it in here..

https://ifiplayer.ie/adverts/

Bebra wrote: »
    You might find it in here..

https://ifiplayer.ie/adverts/

The ones on there are more 60s/70s/ 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

That particular one doesn't ring a bell but there's a good few RTE/TV3/TG4 adbreaks from that period on YouTube. .

+1 there would be various channels.

An idea might be to message the person putting these up and asking. They type of people putting these up might have a good memory for such things, or go the extra mile to try and find it.

e.g.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/TVCLASSICSIRELAND1981/videos
    dunno if you message on youtube but they list a twitter page TWITTER @TVCLASSICSIRE

If you click on the youtube likes and hover along the timeline of the video it will show images at that point and you can easily spot if the ad is unlikely.

What was going on in the ad? was the Tom character a bit tipsy and dancing about or what?

Only bumping as I'm curious to know what the ad was myself. Kind of weird of op to just do one post if they're that keen on seeing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

OP was in quotes, so possibly lifted from somewhere else?

Not your ornery onager

Feeling studid now, I didn't even notice the quotes. Googling Ray Lambe brought this up. Its the widow of the late Ray Lambe looking for the Dennys ad that he was in, speaking on Liveline.

Advertisement