Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dump carpet with underside mould?

• 25-09-2020 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭

Had carpet in garage for about two years. Took it to a carpet shop to have it squared and edged as rugs. There was some mould on the hessian, I'd say about 10-20% and they advised against getting it done as it could transfer to my wood flooring.

Should I just dump it or treat it as best I can and chance it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Heighway61 wrote: »
    Had carpet in garage for about two years. Took it to a carpet shop to have it squared and edged as rugs. There was some mould on the hessian, I'd say about 10-20% and they advised against getting it done as it could transfer to my wood flooring.

Dump it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Would it do on a tiled floor?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Heighway61 wrote: »

Spray HG mould remover (or other reputable mould remover) on the base and leave for about an hour before wiping off. It's very effective at killing mould and it also bleaches the dark mould. Be careful not to spray too much on in case it bleaches the face of the carpet, maybe test on a small spot first.

If your floor doesn't normally suffer from mould and you've treated the carpet as above then I would chance it.

Advertisement