Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Doolin / Kilkee

• 03-09-2020 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey guys,

Hope you are all well!

I'm off to stay near lahinch/doolin next week. I usually love course fishing, but the missus won't let me bring maggots in the car after an accident a few weeks ago (my bad!)

I am going to bring my spinning rod and reel, with a spool with line for coarse fishing and separately for sea (15lbs okay?)

Anyone know any (very) safe rock spots for sea? I've never got a pollock and would even enjoy some really tiny ones :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭haybob

Hey guys,

Hope you are all well!

I'm off to stay near lahinch/doolin next week. I usually love course fishing, but the missus won't let me bring maggots in the car after an accident a few weeks ago (my bad!)

I am going to bring my spinning rod and reel, with a spool with line for coarse fishing and separately for sea (15lbs okay?)

Anyone know any (very) safe rock spots for sea? I've never got a pollock and would even enjoy some really tiny ones :-)

Plenty of place in Doolin to fish non I would consider very safe but for some reason great for pollock

Ballyreen is very safe

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭flended12

Hey guys,

Hope you are all well!

Plenty of lads fishing off kilkee pier 2 weeks ago.

Lahinch was a zoo with people so I'd avoid.

Theres a harbour at liscannor that was empty each time I passed by.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭.red.

There's a big car park to the left of Caseys camp site. Walk off up thru the car park and across the rocks and you'll come to a massive horse shoe shaped area you can fish. I had savage pollack fishing there a few years back.
    All types of jellies worked but the Fiish Black Minnow was easily the best.
    Look up weedless soft plastics and you shouldn't loose any gear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

.red. wrote: »
    There's a big car park to the left of Caseys camp site. Walk off up thru the car park and across the rocks and you'll come to a massive horse shoe shaped area you can fish. I had savage pollack fishing there a few years back.
    All types of jellies worked but the Fiish Black Minnow was easily the best.
    Look up weedless soft plastics and you shouldn't loose any gear.

Is that what they call dooilin beach, where the river runs out ?

And you've a cliffface to the left and it tapers upwards towards the cliff's of moher ?

I've heard there's bass around Doolin but I've never caught any.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭.red.

nthclare wrote: »
    Is that what they call dooilin beach, where the river runs out ?

And you've a cliffface to the left and it tapers upwards towards the cliff's of moher ?

I've heard there's bass around Doolin but I've never caught any.

No, definitely not a beach, looking at it on Google earth makes it look much smaller than I remember it.
    I had fish all along the yellow line, but a fish most casts in the pink circle.
    For bass, large razor and lug cocktails on lahinch beach should do the trick.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

.red. wrote: »
    No, definitely not a beach, looking at it on Google earth makes it look much smaller than I remember it.
    I had fish all along the yellow line, but a fish most casts in the pink circle.
    For bass, large razor and lug cocktails on lahinch beach should do the trick.

Thanks for the information,I'm sick of catching bass from the beach in Lahinch, often get doubles and have to go home.
    Big lug sausages do it for me, I am trying to catch bass on Patchinko's, but all I'm catching is huge Pollock.
    Great sport, and had a few break offs near the surfer's step's out towards crabisland.

I've upped my game and use stronger braid over the rocks and seaweed, sometimes it frays and ping's...

Low tide seems best using surface lures for Pollock

Advertisement