Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Beckham and all that jazz

• 18-04-2004 6:36pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok, I held off on posting this as not to interfere with the soccer re-jig and all that. ;)
    (bear in mind, I dont want opinions on who is lying etc, just on the media)

Do you think that David Beckham having an affair is any of our business, and have the media been too intrusive in getting information?

I would think that it is none of our business. If he did have an affair, then it is something for he and his family to deal with, and for them only. Even if he is a liar, so what? If he were a politican, or someone whos honesty is vital to his job, then ok, but hes a footballer, and his career is based on his skills (and looks :P) and not how honest he is.

Flogen

What do you think about the media's handling of the Beckham issue? 13 votes

I think they are doing a great job, this is news worthy.
    0% 0 votes
    I dont think its anyones business besides the family
    7% 1 vote
    I think it is important news, but the media are going over the top.
    92% 12 votes
    I think there is not enough in the media about it.
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Well, the Beckhams are media whores so they have to take the good with the bad.

However, it is none of our business.

And I think they girls who are talking to the papers/going on TV are total scum. I'm not excusing what David did, but he has a family, and what these girls are doing could destroy that.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

I agree with JV about the girls involved in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

To be honest It's one of the few things so far this year that I actually think is news worthy.

for the most part i've stopped watching irish news and reading irish newspapers

I'm sick of hearing about bertie i'm sick of hearing about irish politics in general it's just the same old CRAP every single day.

if squeeky clean beckham going around riding half the country behind the back of one of the most stuck up f*ckers in england isn't news worthy, i'm not sure what is,

maybe mary's pantyhose that went missing off her washing line in the arsehole of dingle.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

its newsworthy in an economic sense, lot of money invested in those beckhams, and their "squeaky-cleanliness" excuse the coinage is an important part of their bankability... its a bit late to complain about media fixation with hyper celebrity at this stage of the game... personally i think its asinine celebrity cultism but its probably no different from the sort of worship hereditary monarchy used to inspire.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

I havent read any of it and im not going to either. I dont think ive ever read a newspaper article that involved them as it would be a waste of my time to put it mildly. The only bits of the story i know come from my Girlfriend who thinks its "shocking" :rolleyes: .

The women that are telling the stories are complete scum as someone said earlier. One of them was on that Love on a saturday night show looking for a date. I nearly broke the remote in the rush to switch channels.

• Advertisement
Advertisement