Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to get internet until Tuesday

Options
  • 18-01-2020 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    A provider cancelled my contract. I have been given the choice to either

a) sign up today for broadband only for E59.99 per month for 12 months

or

b) wait until Tuesday for a new box and get tv and broadband for E55.00 per month for twelve months

We don't watch a huge amount of tv but it would be handy to have cable instead of using chrome cast all the time.

I there any way to pay as you go on internet with dongle for example?

Or if I use my phone 4g as hotspot would that be suffice use to view images / google maps / stream movies until new box arrives on Tuesday?

I don't really understand how much 1gb gets you in terms of movies / using internet etc. Would appreciate if anyone could let me know so I can get around issue of no internet.

I need to stream videos to learn how to do something that I want to learn by Wednesday for example. Videos are an hour long each and I don't want any delays in learning so it would be great if someone could help me understand how many gb gets me what for example!

I have 26.24 GB Data Allowance left on my phone. Would that get me through or is there another way to have pay as you go internet that isn't completely rubbish :D

Comments

frillyleaf wrote: »
    Hi,
    A provider cancelled my contract. I have been given the choice to either

a) sign up today for broadband only for E59.99 per month for 12 months

or

b) wait until Tuesday for a new box and get tv and broadband for E55.00 per month for twelve months

We don't watch a huge amount of tv but it would be handy to have cable instead of using chrome cast all the time.

I there any way to pay as you go on internet with dongle for example?

Or if I use my phone 4g as hotspot would that be suffice use to view images / google maps / stream movies until new box arrives on Tuesday?

I don't really understand how much 1gb gets you in terms of movies / using internet etc. Would appreciate if anyone could let me know so I can get around issue of no internet.

I need to stream videos to learn how to do something that I want to learn by Wednesday for example. Videos are an hour long each and I don't want any delays in learning so it would be great if someone could help me understand how many gb gets me what for example!

I have 26.24 GB Data Allowance left on my phone. Would that get me through or is there another way to have pay as you go internet that isn't completely rubbish :D

Your 26 GB of remaining data allowance on your phone would be plenty between now and Tuesday. I stream and download lots of content
    but rarely go over 26 gigs in an entire month.

But only as a stop gap. You need regular internet.

Advertisement