Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Selling on facebook marketplace/facebook groups?

• 26-11-2020 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Heyo all, I'm selling a few things on facebook marketplace and on a few facebook groups (a bread box, a selfie stick and a pair of swimming goggles). Just wondering if anyone has any tips for a successful sale?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Price lower than competitors, don't ship to some guy in Turkmenistan promising x2 the asking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,469 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Be prepared to be offered all sorts of useless, usually worthless sh1te in exchange.
    Idiots don't know the difference between bartering and haggling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Thanks for the replies so far

When meeting buyers, if buyer is late, how long do you wait around for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭DilD

Probably better off throwing them in the bin. If anyone at all is even remotely interested in what you have for sale there, it's not even worth opening the door to them for what you'd be offered to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Pick a price and stick to it , puts off the time wasters (of which there are a lot)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Honestly, Adverts may be best, there is a rating system there based on feedback so it sorts out a lot of messers from those who are genuine. I buy and sell there all the time and it's been a mostly good experience.

FB market place is like the Wild West with DoneDeal not too far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

A bread bin and a pair of swimming goggles... There's no place like Facebook groups for seeing useless ****e up for sale. More power to you but I can't imagine going to meet someone and handing over a fiver for a pair of swimming goggles haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

The marketplace is a great site to get rid of stuff you are too mean or lazy to bring to the dump. If in reasonable condition and offered for free, some chancer will take thinking there's money to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,469 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

A bread bin and a pair of swimming goggles... There's no place like Facebook groups for seeing useless ****e up for sale. More power to you but I can't imagine going to meet someone and handing over a fiver for a pair of swimming goggles haha

Swap4MyAd?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Still available?

• Advertisement

gogo wrote: »
    Still available?

Yes still available. Hopefully meeting a buyer tomorrow afternoon for one of the items

Anyone want to buy a couch?..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Anyone want to buy a couch?..
    I’m interested. Would you swap for a king size mattress, only slightly soiled?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,756 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone see those toy show munchie/treat boxes ? Bags of junk food in a fancy bag/box for €20

Few chancers selling them to make a quick buck. Prob got the stuff in dealz for half price

KungPao wrote: »
    I’m interested. Would you swap for a king size mattress, only slightly soiled?

What kind of stains are we talking?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Anyone see those toy show munchie/treat boxes ? Bags of junk food in a fancy bag/box for €20

Few chancers selling them to make a quick buck. Prob got the stuff in dealz for half price

I’ve only 10 left, selling like hot cakes. PM me!

What kind of stains are we talking?

It’s kinda brown, that’s all I know. Some cillit bang should help. A quick febreeze would be recommended too.

I succesfully sold one item, yay :)

Advertisement