Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE News Now tv channel & app relaunch

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Try deleting the app and re-download.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Very annoying to see that RTÉ have the ablity to move the titles for RTÉ News up and allow for a ticker across news programmes, on Budget day.

They could easily provide the same with RTE NEWS CHANNEL the time in the RHC and the weather in the left hand corner as light text dogs/bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Watching the Dublin game now on RTE News.. Anybody have the spec of the picture quality compared to HD? besides the obvious :P lot of discussion about it :) sd quality i presume!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Watching the Dublin game now on RTE News.. Anybody have the spec of the picture quality compared to HD? besides the obvious :P lot of discussion about it :) sd quality i presume!!?

RTE News has a resolution of 544 x 576 on Saorview, which is embarrassing in 2020.

For comparison...

Sky News (SD) is 704 x 576 (also looks very poor) and CNN (HD) is 1920 x 1080.

...and yet we can stream from services like Netflix, Disney+ and even YouTube in 4K UHD.

XynfGKn.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

JDxtra wrote: »
    RTE News has a resolution of 544 x 576 on Saorview, which is embarrassing in 2020.

XynfGKn.png

Cheers JD.. I have seen better quality on club games streams than this!! Watching on sky tv and its just awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Delta2113

They should have carried it on RTE1 and then obviously it would have been in HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Delta2113 wrote: »
    They should have carried it on RTE1 and then obviously it would have been in HD.

Strange alright that it wasn't on ONE, it usually only used when they have clashing sports on both ONE and 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Seems the app has disappeared completely from the Google Play store !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

kazoo106 wrote: »

Still there for me. There was an update to it yesterday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭lertsnim

kazoo106 wrote: »

It doesn't show for me either.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I am sure that a search of RTÉ News didn't find it yesterday.

Yeah - can confirm re-published in the play store today

Advertisement