Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LIDL plus app

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

tx_tx wrote: »
    And I never knew vegs could be so unhealthy :D

Read the ingredients list. Nothings better than fresh veg. Processed is always a different thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,329 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Orange Juice 78c or Chocolate Wafer Bars 97c on scratchcard (again, 3rd time)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I have no regrets taking them, and I'm genuinely thankful for anything Lidl gives me for free.

Just saying that I thought it could be something I could start buying several packs a week, but I won't. And I never knew vegs could be so unhealthy :D

Its mad that frozen veg can actually be unhealthy with the addition of oils. You'd think they'd just put the stuff in the bag and leave it up to the consumer if they want to add salt or fats to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

I have mixed feelings about these vegs. When I saw them on the scratch card I took them without a second thought, they seemed just what I needed.

Positives:

They're a super convenient way to eat more vegs (and I need that), because it's a well chosen mix, and they are already mixed with spices and oil.

They're really tasty, for the same reason.

Negatives:

The pack recommends to add oil to the pan. Don't! The moment I added them to the pan, I realised that they've been overly generous with oil. Eating them, the texture is also quite a bit oily.

In fact, looking at the nutri-scrore, a serving contains 49% of the RI of saturated fats, 41% of salt, 24% of fats. I was shocked. It's worse than most unhealthy desserts.

If I could find the exact same thing, but with half the oil, and healthier kinds of oil, that'd be fantastic. (I don't care so much about salt)

Which frozen veg is this?
    I used to eat frozen veg quite regularly but never thought of checking the ingredients as I never thought of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Thanks. I guess at least it says 'seasoned' on the packet. I've never bought seasoned frozen veg before, just broccoli and the likes.

Which frozen veg is this?
    I used to eat frozen veg quite regularly but never thought of checking the ingredients as I never thought of this.

Looks like stir fry frozen mix veg

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Its mad that frozen veg can actually be unhealthy with the addition of oils. You'd think they'd just put the stuff in the bag and leave it up to the consumer if they want to add salt or fats to it.

It's quick prep meal,

Frozen Veg or Swiss Roll on scratchcard (again, third time in a week)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

Fat doesn't need to mean unhealthy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

zell12 wrote: »
    Frozen Veg or Swiss Roll on scratchcard (again, third time in a week)

Same.
    No room in freezer for Veg and already have 2 Swiss Rolls and do not want another one.

Pity Lidl don't do, 1 long life item and 1 short life/frozen/fresh item every time so people could put them in the charity trolley at the checkouts if they don't want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭thesandeman

What are the charity trolleys ye speak of? Neither my Lidl or Aldi seem to have them.
    Before Covid there used to be the occasional collection at the door alright but nothing recently.
    Would be handy for some of the freebies I don't need.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭alanbk

Anyone find that some of the freebies are never available. Last week the bagels were never on the shelf. Same with the cheese a few weeks back. I know it’s free but hey !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭amber2

What are the charity trolleys ye speak of? Neither my Lidl or Aldi seem to have them.
    Before Covid there used to be the occasional collection at the door alright but nothing recently.

Local school has a shopping trolleys outside one day a week whereby you can leave food donations for distribution to local charities.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,174 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

They pop up occasionally at my local one. They are by the tills and hard to miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭thesandeman

amber2 wrote: »
    Local school has a shopping trolleys outside one day a week whereby you can leave food donations for distribution to local charities.

Ah! Must be an individual thing so. I thought it was a thing organised by Lidl.

Also, I used the free mustard Yesterday. It wasn’t as good as Coleman’s. It wasn’t as spicy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

alanbk wrote: »
    Anyone find that some of the freebies are never available. Last week the bagels were never on the shelf. Same with the cheese a few weeks back. I know it’s free but hey !!

I was in my local branch yesterday morning after the school run and they had no bagels. Not the first time either that they didn't have the freebie. You'd think they would so early in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

I was in my local branch yesterday morning after the school run and they had no bagels. Not the first time either that they didn't have the freebie. You'd think they would so early in the day

Same here i have stopped going to lidl now..using full fledges dunnes 10 of 40 vouchers every week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Collected the free tortillas & flavored drink,
    Free orange juice / wafer bar this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Also, I used the free mustard Yesterday. It wasn’t as good as Coleman’s. It wasn’t as spicy.

Wasn't it American style mustard?

Wasn't it American style mustard?

Ya, I sort of forgot that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

alanbk wrote: »

yeah Ive been bang out of luck recently, havent been able to get the freebies on the last 3 trips. I found the price sticker for the bagels but there was only burger buns in their place. Dog food was of no use to me

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭newincity

GY A1 wrote: »
    Collected the free tortillas & flavored drink,
    Free orange juice / wafer bar this week

When did tortillas & flavored drink came?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

newincity wrote: »
    When did tortillas & flavored drink came?

Last week, it was tortilla chips or 1 litre drink in one card and dog Chubb or bagels on the other.

This week it was chocolate wafer bars or orange juice on one card and Swiss roll or frozen seasoned mixed veg on another card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

how about swiss roll and stir fry for dinner -yum?

Orange Juice 78c or Chocolate Wafer Bars 97c on scratchcard (again, 4th time)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Father Frisky

Word of warning to save people the hassle.
    The watermelon on the app say 49 cent per piece but mine scanned at over a fiver, and I picked a small one . I had an idea in advance it was an error but expected it to to scan at 49cent per kilo but it didn't even do that. I left it behind at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Anyone know if the hot chocolate is nice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I'd say you'd have a better chance of catching a duck in the wild than getting your hands on any of todays ones the way stock levels have been lately.

Advertisement