Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Premier League To Restart On The 17th June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Palpat

kooga wrote: »
    what type of receiver is it?

I have no issue tuning Pick onto my Triax combo receiver and my TV's FTA sat receiver.

The satellite receiver is built in to the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭Acosta

Found the 5829(Pick) channel, but just says there no signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Palpat wrote: »
    The satellite receiver is built in to the tv.

What TV is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Will Virgin Media block BBC1 tonight for the Bournemouth v Crystal Palace game tonight as Premier Sports have the Irish rights to it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

BT Sport wasn’t blocked on Sky for the 3pm today which was on Premier Sports, if that’s any indication. Although in that case they both form part of the same package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,153 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Will Virgin Media block BBC1 tonight for the Bournemouth v Crystal Palace game tonight as Premier Sports have the Irish rights to it?

No chance at all. BBC has never been geoblocked and likely won’t be either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Dodge wrote: »

I hope not because my father in law has a bottle of powers for the football 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Palpat

lertsnim wrote: »
    What TV is it?

Panasonic TX L42D25L

Dodge wrote: »

Makes Sky’s behaviour in restricting the Pick games to U.K. only even more odd, Bournemouth v Palace going out unblocked on Sky (of course you can’t block a FTA signal, but Virgin is a different kettle of fish).

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭County rebel

Palpat wrote: »
    Hi all hopefully someone can help. I tried watching last nights Norwich Southampton match on tv with fta satellite tuner. Pick had encrypted message when I tried to watch it.

Same here i have a basic sky box that i use for free to air channels Pick Tv is on channel 159.it says on the screen This programme is not available.:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

icdg wrote: »
    Makes Sky’s behaviour in restricting the Pick games to U.K. only even more odd, Bournemouth v Palace going out unblocked on Sky (of course you can’t block a FTA signal, but Virgin is a different kettle of fish).

It's not odd at all. The Irish version of Pick is received all over Europe. The UK version was moved to a UK beam which is what the BBC is also on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

icdg wrote: »

Advertising is the reason. Pick Ireland is fta and can be picked up in Europe, so they can't have it there. Sky Ireland is limited to Ireland (need sub) and will have ads.

Pick UK is also fta, but is on a tight beam for uk/ireland, so no overspill to Europe...

SD quality on Sky One is even worse than Sky Sports

Acosta wrote: »
    SD quality on Sky One is even worse than Sky Sports
    Can you tune in pick

Can you tune in pick

I tried. Comes up as "No Signal"

Man City V Burnley is on Pick tonight. In the original list i got from RXTV Log it was sky sports only.

Yeah it was that way on the original fixture press release. Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Pick Tv HD is a good option if you dont have the HD pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Here's the FTA/Sky One matches up until the last day of the season (26th)

Tonight: (15th)
    6.00pm Burnley v Wolves (BBC)
    6.00pm Man City v Bournemouth

Thurs 16th:
    6.00pm Leicester v Sheff Utd

Sat 18th:
    5.30pm Norwich v Burnley

Mon 20th:
    6.00pm Brighton v Newcastle

Tues 21st:
    6.00pm Watford v Man City

Wed 22nd:
    8.15pm Liverpool v Chelsea

Here's the FTA/Sky One matches up until the last day of the season (26th)

Tonight: (15th)
    6.00pm Burnley v Wolves (BBC)
    6.00pm Man City v Bournemouth

Thurs 16th:
    6.00pm Leicester v Sheff Utd

Sat 18th:
    5.30pm Norwich v Burnley

Mon 20th:
    6.00pm Brighton v Newcastle

Tues 21st:
    6.00pm Watford v Man City

Wed 22nd:
    8.15pm Liverpool v Chelsea

Sky fta? Also on pick ? Thank you

• Advertisement

Sky fta? Also on pick ? Thank you

Yes, all 25 FTA Sky games are on Pick HD aswell as Sky One

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭mburke

As the new season isn't far off has there been any announcement on what games will be shown, will all matches be shown until fans are allowed back or will it revert back to usual tv schedule per season.

No announcement, some suggestions in some U.K. media outlets that it will be back to normal arrangements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Acosta wrote: »
    I tried. Comes up as "No Signal"
    i tried on a sky HD box and same happened. must be outside the range. i remeber there was a thread a few years back about certain sky boxes not being able to pick up dvd-s2 ranges?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Looks like Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Premier League, Sky Sports Arena, Sky Sports Golf, Sky Sports Mix, Sky One, Bt Sport 1 and Premier Sports will be showing a match on Sunday 26th of July.

Normally they won’t confirm Round 38 fixtures until all other games have been played, so it could be quite late in the week before these go beyond “TBC” status as Round 37 won’t conclude until Wednesday. If all ten games are on TV, as they have been since the restart, they’ll need all those channels and two more to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eguiney

icdg wrote:
    Normally they won’t confirm Round 38 fixtures until all other games have been played, so it could be quite late in the week before these go beyond “TBC†status as Round 37 won’t conclude until Wednesday. If all ten games are on TV, as they have been since the restart, they’ll need all those channels and two more to boot.

Sky Sports Action, Sky Sports Arena and BT Sport 2 also have a slot allocated for a game.
    The Premier Sports match will be Ireland-only so it doesn't count towards the UK's ten.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The new season tv rights will have been sold on a package basis to broadcasters. I wonder what will happen to the leftover Saturday 3pm games with no fans able to go to them there's a need for them to be broadcast, will the league put them up for auction as a new package?

The UK is currently planning on reopening stadiums in October (the rights or wrongs of that are not a matter for this forum) but because of that, I can’t see the FAPL doing any sort of sale of additional matches. Either they will go with a process of allocating additional matches to the existing rights holders similar to what has happened during the restart or they’ll go straight back to normal and fans who can’t get to matches have to make do with MOTD or Match Choice.

• Advertisement

mikeym wrote: »
    Looks like Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Premier League, Sky Sports Arena, Sky Sports Golf, Sky Sports Mix, Sky One, Bt Sport 1 and Premier Sports will be showing a match on Sunday 26th of July.

Sky ROI EPG listings for this Sunday have matches on

106 Sky One - probably will simulcast SS Main Event
    145 SS Mix
    401 SS Main Event
    402 SS Premier League
    403 SS Football
    405 SS Golf
    407 SS Action
    408 SS Arena
    *** Sports Active (red button)

412 Premier Sports 1
    413 BT Sport 1