Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Mini daim bars. Help!

Mini daim bars. Help!

I have been putting out a "dead or alive" order on anyone who can still find Daim Bar Nuggets. Ikea used to have them. But now they are not to be found for love nor money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

'Tayto' sandwich with Doritos and a cup of tea. A mini kit-kat for dessert. My diet is off to a flying start.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Smoked cheese and some toast. OJ.

Sausage rolls

• Advertisement

A can of Canadian.

Mashed spuds, Bacon, Cauliflower, carrots and gravy on the way.

McFlurry!!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,226 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Rocky road slice :) Never had one before and it’s nice so far

I have been putting out a "dead or alive" order on anyone who can still find Daim Bar Nuggets. Ikea used to have them. But now they are not to be found for love nor money.

Never came across them. I ate entire bag last night. Made myself sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Taking one for the sleeping team here and just making sure that the dessert for after tomorrow's dinner is safe to eat. Can't be too careful these days.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

Iced jam biscuit cakes and a massive mug of hot, steaming Barrys.

Fried egg a d white pudding sandwich earlier. Messy and fantastic.

Still enjoying a few beers. Dinner was a roast chicken. Once it was done, I put it on a plate to rest and lashed the par boiled spuds into the chicken juice, then back in the oven. After 20 mins I slipped a tray of potato gratin in beside them. Carved up the chicken, nuked some mushy peas and served up after another 20 mins.

Pleasure and simplicity on a plate. Roast chicken, roast spuds, gratin and mushy peas. The roasties in the chicken juice are so good. Yet again no gravy required.

Chicken legs, broccoli, mushrooms and carrots were all half price yesterday so a homemade from scratch chicken chasseur with roast pops (half price last week) was the main event this evening. There's something really healthy tasting and flavorsome about chicken off the bone.

Had another portion of that Belgian chocolate cheesecake (made in Kerry) with cream for dessert, strictly in the interest of supporting local jobs.

Red wine is the beverage of choice this wonderful Sunday evening.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Chicken legs, broccoli, mushrooms and carrots were all half price yesterday so a homemade from scratch chicken chasseur with roast pops (half price last week) was the main event this evening. There's something really healthy tasting and flavorsome about chicken off the bone.

Had another portion of that Belgian chocolate cheesecake (made in Kerry) with cream for dessert, strictly in the interest of supporting local jobs.

Red wine is the beverage of choice this wonderful Sunday evening.

Its all going on there RG. I have the legs and thighs off todays chicken ready for lunch tomorrow. What is this Kerry made cheese cake you speak of????

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭beerguts

Beef Round roast yesterday with a simple seasoning salt, pepper, thyme and garlic. I had it with garlic potatoes and brocolli. Made gravy from the juices but I will need to slightly adjust the recipe to get the gravy right. I finished off the roast today for lunch with some crusty bread and butter with mustard on the cold beef.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Its all going on there RG. I have the legs and thighs off todays chicken ready for lunch tomorrow. What is this Kerry made cheese cake you speak of????

Thar she blows, Aldi's finest...

Thar she blows, Aldi's finest...

All over it on Wednesday!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Scrambled eggs on toasted buttermilk bread.
    Coffee.

Salmon for later today, with Lidl potatoes/bacon and peas.

Homemade meatballs in pepper sauce with Garlic potatoes and buttered crusty baguettes. Our taste buds tingled with the flavours. An easy decent feed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,226 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Cottage pie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Following the carbonara thread in AH I had an overwhelming urge for carbonara so I whipped one up...no cream:)

My sauce is 3 egg yolks, pasta water and parmesan. It was beautiful.

Chicken chow mein...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

FINALLY got my hands on a Costa's Terry's Chocolate Orange hot chocolate today!
    The amount of times I went in trying to get one.
    It was delicious. Little bit of the luscious side, but very very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm not eating much but will live through you all. That chow mein looks unreal.

I'm not eating much but will live through you all. That chow mein looks unreal.

It really does. Gave me a serious longing for it. Bless you RG!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

FINALLY got my hands on a Costa's Terry's Chocolate Orange hot chocolate today!
    The amount of times I went in trying to get one.
    It was delicious. Little bit of the luscious side, but very very nice.

I keep forgetting to get one and there's a Costa on my street. Must stick a note on the fridge.

I'm not able to post pictures anymore for some reason..bah humbug

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Grandeeod wrote: »
    It really does. Gave me a serious longing for it. Bless you RG!

If I get a Chinese it is always Singapore chow mein. Maybe hot and sour soup as well or bbq spare ribs depending. I think I will get that soon as a treat.

You'd get the sachets of sauce in Lidl or Aldi and whip it up in no time.

Boil in the bag rice, stir fry some onion and pepper, add bits of already roasted chicken legs last couple of minutes add Ready to Wok soft noodles and two sachets of the sauce. Probably cost less than a fiver for three meals including my man size portion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Porklife wrote: »
    I keep forgetting to get one and there's a Costa on my street. Must stick a note on the fridge.

I'm lucky enough to have 3 near me. & the one that I go to the least, was the one that I got it in today. Its in a shopping center & I prefare to get my coffee's somewhere a little quieter.

I think I'll get another one tomorrow just for the novelty(& while they have it in stock!) & then I'll back off because they are quite luscious. But definitely worth a try :)

Advertisement