Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Virgin Media Television thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

iseegirls wrote: »
    Looking back at Thursdays show, they had 2 guests on at separate times with Elaine. Never know, it could even be a member of the production crew. It's the first time there's ever been a break in her show, apart from when Horse Racing occurs and at Christmas time.

I'd imagine that if the crew on Elaine are close contact then the crew on almost all VM shows are close contacts.

I don't think it is COVID this would be something that would be plastered all over the papers for what its worth, look at other people who have a profile have public announced their COVID test.

Is it heading off the air for good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

This was the only tweet they sent out:
    https://twitter.com/ElaineVMTV/status/1315586344370999296?s=19

Oddly, they sent an earlier tweet out which included @elainecrowley, and then a few minutes later they changed the tweet to remove her name. Mightn't mean a lot, but there you go.

Mirror and RSVP online wasn't looking any further into details, and just taking that tweet and then adding a lot of padding about the Elaine show.

Friday 30th October 2020:

7:30 The Chase Australia VM2
    8:30 The Chase Australia VM2
    12:00 The Chase Australia VM3
    13:00 The Chase VM1
    14:00 The Chase VM1
    18:00 The Chase VM2
    19:00 The Chase VM2
    20:00 The Chase Australia VM2
    21:00 The Chase: Celebrity VM2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Even as someone who loves The Chase, that is disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Even as someone who loves The Chase, that is disgraceful.

I wonder how many of them are unique shows too, or will they show the same episodes on both VM1 and VM2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Or indeed when they'll show new series - the new Irish Chaser, Darragh Ennis, was announced sometime ago, but not sure if he's appeared on ITV yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Just have a dedicated The Chase channel Virgin Media :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Or indeed when they'll show new series - the new Irish Chaser, Darragh Ennis, was announced sometime ago, but not sure if he's appeared on ITV yet?

I haven’t seen him on itv yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Out of interest where do you access an epg so far ahead?

Out of interest where do you access an epg so far ahead?

TVguide.co.uk is pretty good and has 13 days of future listings.

https://www.tvguide.co.uk/channellistings.asp?ch=962&cTime=10/30/2020%207:00:00%20AM&thisTime=&thisDay=

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Maz2016 wrote: »
    I haven’t seen him on itv yet

Some talk that he will debut today, but I’ve seen nothing even semi official to say that.

dulpit wrote: »
    I wonder how many of them are unique shows too, or will they show the same episodes on both VM1 and VM2?

7:30 The Chase Australia VM2 (S1 E59)
    8:30 The Chase Australia VM2 (S2 E61)
    12:00 The Chase Australia VM3 (S3 E5)
    13:00 The Chase VM1 (S10 E42)
    14:00 The Chase VM1 (S10 E44)
    18:00 The Chase VM2 (S10 E20) - this episode was shown on VM1 last Friday
    19:00 The Chase VM2 (S10 E21) - this episode was shown on VM1 last Friday
    20:00 The Chase Australia VM2 (S2 E32)
    21:00 The Chase: Celebrity VM2 (S9 E7)

All above are repeats. Series 10 of The Chase is from 2016.

Jeremy Kyle Emergency Room on VM3 wonder it they are planning a full return

Elmo wrote: »
    Jeremy Kyle Emergency Room on VM3 wonder it they are planning a full return

I doubt a return to The Jeremy Kyle Show would happen.

They did show some episodes of the The Kyle Files from Season 4, although it's a normal move of Virgin Media to squeeze as much as possible from a TV series within 2 years of first broadcasting it. Series 4 started in March 2018, and the last episode broadcast from that series was Feb 2020.

Judging by Jeremy Kyle's Emergency Room, Series 1 started in May 2019 with 2 episodes shown before Kyle's shows all got pulled, so expect them to constantly repeat it until April 2021.

VM News doing well in fairness VM news has improved massively so good to see it grow

So if VM's contract from ITV is only about the number of hour provided why are they not taking the IACGMOH Daily Drop, and looking at Vigin Media's website I don't see their podcasts anywhere, why not put them on the player?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

icdg wrote: »
    Some talk that he will debut today, but I’ve seen nothing even semi official to say that.

Just started today - already bits up on the series's YouTube, so knowing Virgin Media it'll probably be next summer before we see him here.

Just started today - already bits up on the series's YouTube, so knowing Virgin Media it'll probably be next summer before we see him here.

Looks like today's ITV episode of The Chase will be on VM One tomorrow at 2pm, which features the debut of the new Irish Chaser, according to the TV listings.

Looks like today's ITV episode of The Chase will be on VM One tomorrow at 2pm, which features the debut of the new Irish Chaser, according to the TV listings.

How long will that last for? So unless something is in the news about ITV like a new Chaser from Ireland or someone willing a Million on WWTBAM, VM will not simucast ITV programming? and won't take it if it is purely a ITV Hub execlusive but repeats on ITV2 at 5:30 each night.

I can't find their podcasts on their own site or player?

Elmo wrote: »
    How long will that last for?

Looking at the next few days is a bit erratic (taking it from tvguide.co.uk)
    Virgin Media One 2pm
    Fri (today) S13 E183 (new Irish guy's 1st episode)
    Mon 23rd S13 E1
    Tue 24th S13 E185
    Wed 25th S13 E186
    Thu 26th S13 E2
    Fri 27th ?
    Mon 30th S13 E3
    Tue 1st S13 E190
    Wed 2nd S13 E191
    Thu 3rd S13 E4

ITV 5pm
    Thursday (yesterday) S13 E183 (new Irish guy's 1st episode)
    Fri 20th S14 E1
    Mon 23rd S13 E185
    Tue 24th S13 E186
    Wed 25th S14 E11
    Thu 26th S13 E188
    Fri 27th ?
    Mon 30th S13 E190
    Tue 1st S13 E191
    Wed 2nd S14 E27
    Thu 3rd ?

Looking at ITV, are the later episodes of Series 13 of 183,185,186 etc just the ones containing the Irish Chaser that have yet unaired. And then into Series 14 to continue with newer episodes

But then we have Virgin Media One which show the newer S13 episodes the following day, but when ITV are showing S14, VM One revert back to the start of S13.

It's all very messy.

This site is very good for trying to figure out when ITV broadcast episodes from each series of The Chase - since Covid-19 started seems like the episodes are being being broadcast out of order - http://www.onequestionshootout.xyz/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Delta2113

And they wonder why everybody watches BBC or use Netflix,Prime etc. Australian FTA channels mess viewers about,have horrible DOG'S and horrible ad breaks.

Viewers are treated like idiots.

Ivan Yates back on TV with a 12 week run of a 30minute interview-type show at 9pm on Friday nights.

For Christmas highlights - insert ITV programme here, here and here.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/6229278/virgin-media-christmas-ivan-yates-vogue-williams/

Ivan Yates back on TV with a 12 week run of a 30minute interview-type show at 9pm on Friday nights.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/6229278/virgin-media-christmas-ivan-yates-vogue-williams/

Am I wrong to suggest that its A Paddy Power Production, that Virgin Media are going to show?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

think i will give it a miss.... i will be sticking needles in my eyes instead.:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Why do they contantly show celebrity editions of these shows. Who is going to say "ooooh can't wait for the Vogue Williams episode".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I would think they'd get more casual viewers with the celeb versions.

Any of you watching the football on VM2 last night? They didn't show the highlights as usual, aired a Brian Kerr interview & are showing part 2 next week at the same time.
    Last two rounds of the CL group stage seems a strange time to stop the highlights show. Presume it was still on the sport channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

batistuta9 wrote: »
    I would think they'd get more casual viewers with the celeb versions.

Any of you watching the football on VM2 last night? They didn't show the highlights as usual, aired a Brian Kerr interview & are showing part 2 next week at the same time.
    Last two rounds of the CL group stage seems a strange time to stop the highlights show. Presume it was still on the sport channel.

The CL highlights was only shown on VM Sport last night meaning no highlights for FTA viewers.

The VM player might have them if they're interested to see them. If not; go to BT or Youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Matt Cooper just appeared via a broadcasting glitch out of nowhere on VM Two before the EL went to an ad break. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

The CL highlights was only shown on VM Sport last night meaning no highlights for FTA viewers.

The VM player might have them if they're interested to see them. If not; go to BT or Youtube.

Youtube is great for brief highlights of Premier League/CL/EL and it's all uploaded a short time after matches have ended.

• Advertisement

Oddly, Virgin Media One are not showing This Morning from Thursday 17th December. This includes the repeat on VM3. Repeats of May the Best House Win and Corrie special repeat instead. Will it be disappearing again for the second time in a year.

Advertisement