Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Why are RTE always so far behind with the Simpsons?

• 15-09-2020 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Why can't RTE be up to date with the Simpsons like most other American shows ? I mean they weren't 5 years behind with desperate housewives, lost, Gray's anatomy etc

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭Eleven Benevolent Elephants

Why can't RTE be up to date with the Simpsons like most other American shows ? I mean they weren't 5 years behind with desperate housewives, lost, Gray's anatomy etc

RTÉ stands for "Robbin'-bastards Taking Everyone's-Money".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The rights aren't available as Sky have the newer ones sewn up.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

lertsnim wrote: »
    The rights aren't available as Sky have the newer ones sewn up.

Sky has (or until recently had) a really long exclusivity window for the Simpsons, very extraordinary by most US series standards. The BBC didn’t air season one until 1996 (six years after Sky) and RTE were relatively similar.

It’s changed slightly now, because Disney+ now share first run exclusivity (in return for Sky Cinema getting 20th Century stuff for another two years) but don’t expect that to benefit RTE in any way - if anything at some point in the future expect it to go exclusively to Disney+.

Advertisement