Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bright Energy

• 13-08-2020 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

Hi all,
    You may have seen the new entrant in the energy market, Bright Energy.
    For me, they worked out as the best deal to move to after my year with Energia was up - their unit rate is pretty good, but their standing charge is very good indeed. So, as a low user of units, they worked out best for me when I crunched the figures on switcher.ie, even compared to others with cashback. YMMV.

They don't have better deals for new customers, it's all one rate, and you can move away without penalty - it's not a 12 month contract, unlike most.

If you feel like this might suit, feel free to use my code:
    www.brightenergy.com/roi/quote?referralId=fefe0966-edd7-49a8-af87-2c5f1386a494
    ...this doesn't give you any benefit, I'm afraid, but I get a bonus and then you can add your own affiliate link to the thread once signed-up.

Greg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

hello , yes with Bright energy the standing charge is as low as 75 without vat , and currently i am on a rate of 25 a month , as a single household. this is good. you enter your own electricity readings online or directly to an app, so ideal for ye kids ! otherwise if the tech is too much you can ring up and tell someone the meter reading .
    As nephster says, you can leave anytime no penalties no long term contract. Nice ONE.
    I had already joined back in July, but typically just got around to meter reading today.
    anyway, if i get anything , ill send ye a fiver to say thanks . :)

www.brightenergy.com/roi/quote?referralId=fa2d5e52-bbc3-4f7f-a270-18c4bf0f0d48

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Looks good. How much do you get if someone uses your link to sign up?

DopeTech wrote: »
    Looks good. How much do you get if someone uses your link to sign up?

As the public service levy is going up by 50 euro for everybody, you get 100% renewable energy with a standing charge that is at least half what all the others are charging, and a rate that is on par with the best deals the others offer, but how I'm getting charged is a fixed amount of 25 a month so far, but taking the pso hike into account will be a, bit more after I'd say.
    So the saving is for you and environment. That's why i said I'd give you a 5er, as they only seem to offer credit to the referrer currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 jebi1717

5th November.. Notice that all prices are going up..

We’ve been keeping a close eye on the energy markets and unfortunately, we need to increase our
    bright future variable tariff. The cost of supplying electricity has increased sharply since July due to an
    increase in wholesale electricity prices and increased network costs which cover how energy is moved
    around the country.

We don’t like price increases either, so we’re giving all our customers 30 days to think things over.
    These new prices will take effect from the 05 Dec 2020 and full detail on these changes are detailed in
    the table below. All Unit Rate values are cent per kWh, all Standing Charge values are cent per day.

Unit Rate Unit Rate Standing Charge Standing Charge
    (Excl VAT) (Incl VAT) (Excl VAT) (Incl VAT)
    Current Tariff until 13.040 C 14.80 C 20.35 C 23.10 C
    05 Dec 2020
    New Tariff from 14.225 C 16.145 C 26.26 C 29.81 C
    05 Dec 2020

* Your variable tariff prices may change in the future. We will always notify you 30 days in advance.
    What will happen next?Remember – you have the right to cancel your contract with us at any stage, there are no tie ins and
    no exit fees.If you choose to remain with us your new tariff will take effect from 05 Dec 2020

Increase in meter charges by 24.50 Per Year..

Whoa.. and in the UK Energy prices are going down for Green Energy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,296 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Is it still €25 for a referral?
    And is there a minimum time the new customer has to be with Bright to qualify (all suppliers are increasing prices)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭wba88

zell12 wrote: »
    Is it still €25 for a referral?
    And is there a minimum time the new customer has to be with Bright to qualify (all suppliers are increasing prices)

Yes it is still €25 for a referral.

According to their terms and conditions
    the Referrer will become eligible to receive one Reward on the Switch Confirmation Date of a Recruit. The Reward will be credited to the Referrer within 14 days of the Switch Confirmation Date.

I've been with them since September and am delighted with them so far
    Here is my referral link www.brightenergy.com/roi/quote?referralId=b2de8f78-629c-420b-ac68-cdefde0600f0

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭bewhiched

I just changed over from Glowpower my god absolutely desperate service
    Delighted my times up to change over so hoping these be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 snoop09

Hi,

Carried out a bit of small research on this,

Am I right in saying that Bright Energy don't have the cheapest rate per unit of electricity but they have the cheapest standing charge that more than makes up for the rate of electricity?

I am currently with Electric Ireland, I have crunched the numbers, and I think I will save approx €42 every bill with Bright, nearly €240 per year

snoop09 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that Bright Energy don't have the cheapest rate per unit of electricity but they have the cheapest standing charge that more than makes up for the rate of electricity?
    I am currently with Electric Ireland, I have crunched the numbers, and I think I will save approx €42 every bill with Bright, nearly €240 per year
    Use a comparison site like powertoswitch.ie, switcher.ie, bonkers.ie

Bright don't have a minimum contract period, hence you can switch from Bright, without penalty, whenever a better deal arises

• Advertisement

another price increase,this time a big jump up in standing charge, so this time i think i will be leaving. standing charge going up frpm 29.81 per day to 50.81 per day. damn i need to get a bike generator and solar power sorted out

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Wishox

jumping ship here too !

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Just did now only with them a month got a monthly bill for 75e usually about €50.....

Bright now have have e50 cashback
    The Switching Bonus is a credit against your electricity account, a credit of €25 applied to account and a
    further credit of €25 applied in six months time

they would have been better off not trying to fleece us with the standing charge. i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

So where is everyone moving to? Bonkers.ie is giving me Energia as the cheapest, but as they are a 1 year contract I wouldn't want to jump to them and find the price goes up a week later!

Also a bit concerned about getting my €150 deposit back for paying Direct Debit with Bright Energy. Will I have to contact them for it, or will they return it when the account is closed?

Energia increased prices in April +8.6%
    Check all three comparison sites and tick
    Yes to show cashback
    No to deals you can switch to now

Advertisement