Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMA wish list! I'd really like to hear from...

Comments

• I think the lady who was "the other woman" in the recent AMA had an amazing side story - she lost something like 65kg/10 stone in weight. That's astonishing - a whole person! - and it must have been a time of huge emotion and coming to terms with things.

Maybe an AMA with somebody who has overcome such a huge demon like that would have a lot to offer and encourage people with?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

A Mortician (Undertaker) from a commercial Funeral premises.

They have an association that are very guarded, about even the 'physical' aspect of their job.

It would be interesting to hear about certain aspects, environmental concerns/compliance, use of chemicals in the body before burial etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Could you set up an AMA with Louise O'Neill the online feminist, pretty please?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

I think the lady who was "the other woman" in the recent AMA had an amazing side story - she lost something like 65kg/10 stone in weight. That's astonishing - a whole person! - and it must have been a time of huge emotion and coming to terms with things.

Maybe an AMA with somebody who has overcome such a huge demon like that would have a lot to offer and encourage people with?

I agree.. someone living a life defined by struggle, hard work, pain, and overcoming

• Registered Users Posts: 12,940 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The thread is good, but I'd like to see one from a wife who was unfaithful.

Or the wife/husband who was cheated on.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

A serving soldier would be great, i know there's a few around boards.

A gardai, paramedic, a&e nurse (front line emergency services)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

A Dublin Taxi Driver...preferably one of the ould cantankerous ones who has seen it all in the mirror!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭brevity

Someone in the FAI who can shine some light on the mess that is soccer in Ireland.

Some juicy dirt on John Delaney as a bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I'd like to hear from someone who works /worked in a refugees center.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,940 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Could anyone coax Mr Von Bismarck, the foxy ole stallion on here??

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Been there, done that!

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057811877/1

Would love to hear from a refugee...someone that came here and despite the odds stacked against them they made good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

frag420 wrote: »
    Would love to hear from a refugee...someone that came here and despite the odds stacked against them they made good!!

Unlike social media one can't tag Niamh in this but MASI - Movement of Asylum Seekers in Ireland (An A/S Union if you will) would be worth reaching out to....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,078 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

A bouncer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

An official driving tester/examiner

I think they would be interesting to hear from. It would also be good to get insight from them on people preparing for a test and hopefully squash the myths of ''quotas''.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

prison officer

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

prison officer
    We did have a prison officer on before - still one of our most popular AMAs! It's from 2014, you can read it here.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    A bouncer.

Have done this gig but only sporadically as I dislike intoxicated people who're lairy & leery & lecherous and can't be reasoned with.

Not doing an AMA on it mind but I've recommended someone to Boards.ie/Niamh who's already on Boards.

What I will say is if you're asked to keep your wedges/high heels/stilettos on (no matter how much pain they're causing you at the end of a night out;consider bringing ballet shoes or flats in handbag and exchanging them but not carrying shoes around out of your bag) it's pretty much for same reason chippers/restaurants/takeaways don't allow pint glasses/bottles to be brought onto a premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

A Dominatrix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Eamon Dunphy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Larry Murphy

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Larry Murphy

What's the fascination with him?

I blame a certain section of the media and now online media too; the hype they're creating him is ridiculous.

I'm no fan of his or what he done but he's complying with any terms of his release (he's not on sex offenders register as it pre-dated his crime; that's not his fault) and hasn't reoffended per se (assaults have occurred as a result of alcohol fuelled goading but whether this was done by someone who knew of his past and wanted to warn others I don't know).

But there's loads of others out there who've offended as bad and worse who're rarely named; sometimes it's down to their defendants in terms of age.

But there are plenty named who've done as bad as him such as Ml. Bambrick for example.

I'd love to speak to someone who works with someone like either of those named; I couldn't work with them after what they've done.

Would also like to know how they've managed to convince an employer to hire 'em; a low risk assessment upon leaving jail perhaps?

We've got people walking round with murder convictions, convictions for rape, sexual assault, incest, manslaughter etc. who're beyond depraved and beyond redemption (Cratloe Woods rape case from 00s; those involved're in relationships.......I scratch my head at that scenario) yet they seem to be able rebuild their lives and work in the community.

It's the morals of those hiring 'em I'd've an issue with too.

As for an AMA I'd love one with either one of our three "Predator Hunter" groups as while what they're doing is, ostensibly noble (despite nobody asking them to do it and them ignoring the fact that vast majority of sexual offences in Ireland which involve grooming or not involve people known to each other be it family members, sports coaches etc.), our laws don't cover grooming a fake decoy online.

When I watch the videos of "Louise" and her "Security" (yobs with knuckle draggers; not licenced by PSA) they don't cover themselves in glory; it's like watching Jeremy Kyle on TV3.

But I'd also like an AMA with someone who's been "stung" by these hunter groups.
    Yes they've been arrested but since grooming a decoy's not a crime (but it is morally repulsive to me), once arrested (and given the mob that show up it's for their own safety generally and to prevent a public order offence occurring since these hunter groups're vigilantes and can't control anything incl. who gets the hunters on camera, something they really don't like....) what happens or happened next?

Like given many in their locality've seen the stings what reception do they receive after released from custody.

Do they get the sack from where they've been working or, if volunteering is that gone too; bear in mind they may have no charges pressed so no convictions but yet what they've said to a decoy who is, as far as they were aware, a real child, I'd find it difficult to retain such a person on my payroll.

And also along with this then their kit and kin; how do they react?

So an AMA with individuals; I get of course that predator hunter groups're vigilantes so it'd be difficult to verify 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Professional/Semi Pro Cyclist.
    National management level within retail sector.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,721 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

A Local authority planner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭talla10

JCX BXC wrote: »
    A bouncer.

Sorry lads not tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

A tattoo artist.
    A lotto winner.
    A house cleaner.
    An au pair.
    A donated organ recipient.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

A tattoo artist.
    A lotto winner.
    A house cleaner.
    An au pair.

I've added them to the list but we did have an AMA with a heart and lung transplant recipient before which you can read here.

A tattoo artist.
    A lotto winner.
    A house cleaner.
    An au pair.

Lotto winner would be cool alright. Maybe upwards of 3 million.

Lotto winner would be cool alright. Maybe upwards of 3 million.

Niamh you can ignore my PM about winning the lottery, apparently winning £27 on a quick pick is not worthy of a question...😂😂

Twas a cool story too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I'd like to hear from a volunteer firefighter.

What are their motivations, how do they balance their working and home life with serving their community, what are the difficult things they have had to deal with, how much money they get etc.

Advertisement