Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PV solar panel in ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭phatmanwc

But there is a pleasure in having your own energy that is perhaps similar to growing your own vegetables - it may not save you a fortune, but it is satisfying.

Couldn't have put it better myself!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

I do agree that there has been an apocalyptic view of energy future prices which didn't come to pass - I have been on that track myself. But there is a pleasure in having your own energy that is perhaps similar to growing your own vegetables - it may not save you a fortune, but it is satisfying.
    Sorry this is a total tangent but I think this is simply because the market will always kick in and react when fossil fuel prices go high. Consumers will start to reduce consumption, invest in efficiency, innovations in efficiency will happen, people will turn to other technologies.

On the supply side, companies will start going after more expensive sources, which is what we're seeing with shale gas in the US, for example. US EIA expect gas prices to rise considerably over the next 2 years in the US as current gas prices are below production cost for many.

And finally, we've had a global economic recession which took our foot of the accelerator for a few years, delaying pretty much every trend predicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MARK242424

Hi. I was reading all posts and now dont realy know are this PV Panels are working in Ireland or not realy, and is it worth to buy them.
    I would like to ask SOMEONE ELSE so how do U think was it good inwestition and did it already paid back after 6 years?
    Also meaby somebody know is wather heating system powerfull enought to heat wather for flor heating? Thx for future answears.

Advertisement