Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to register online and claim levy/tax credits/ refunds : Now Includes Forms

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Daisy Dweller

thanks for that. turns out i'm a dumbass and should have read the small print! at least i know for future reference.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 limericklep

Hi

I have just using PAYE Anytime for 1st time. In 2012 there is not health expenses section, but in 2011 there is?

Do I have to wait till year is over ? Or am I doing something wrong?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Hi

I have just using PAYE Anytime for 1st time. In 2012 there is not health expenses section, but in 2011 there is?

Do I have to wait till year is over ? Or am I doing something wrong?

thanks

The tax year 2012 is still active. Health expenses must be claimed after the end of the tax year in which they occur.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/leaflets/it6.html

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭june92

I've just started using PAYE anytime. I've used a tax refund company to claim for previous years but decided to start doing it myself but I am puggled! I got claims from them for 2008 but I stopped working in June 2009 and I thought that I would be due a bit back from stopping work mid year. Can I still put in for rent,services etc even though I stopped mid year?
    I'm sorry for my ignorance but I really have no clue about tax or refunds!

june92 wrote: »
    I've just started using PAYE anytime. I've used a tax refund company to claim for previous years but decided to start doing it myself but I am puggled! I got claims from them for 2008 but I stopped working in June 2009 and I thought that I would be due a bit back from stopping work mid year. Can I still put in for rent,services etc even though I stopped mid year?
    I'm sorry for my ignorance but I really have no clue about tax or refunds!

You can claim away. If you look in the 2009 tab in your paye anytime account, it should show your pay and tax details for that year on the left hand side. If you paid tax in that year then claim away. If any refund is due, it will issue to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I've had a medical card for all of 2011 & 2012 and expires in 2013.

Should this be of benefit to me if trying to claim back the income levy refund?

Also, will we be able to claim health expenses on January 1st?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can someone tell me if i'm entitled to a tax credit if my company pays for my health care? Our finance guy said that i should be entitled to around €190(ish) as the company pays €960(ish) gross on medical insurance, and to request that my Certificate of Tax Credits be updated with a Medical Insurance Tax Credit. I can't seem to find it anywhere on the PAYE Anytime though.

Kiith wrote: »
    Can someone tell me if i'm entitled to a tax credit if my company pays for my health care? Our finance guy said that i should be entitled to around €190(ish) as the company pays €960(ish) gross on medical insurance, and to request that my Certificate of Tax Credits be updated with a Medical Insurance Tax Credit. I can't seem to find it anywhere on the PAYE Anytime though.

AFAIK the tax benefit is deducted at source

Anyone know how long the income levy refund takes?

Applied for 2009-2012 inclusive and its a fairly straightforward calculation for my own claim.

Anyone know how long the income levy refund takes?

Applied for 2009-2012 inclusive and its a fairly straightforward calculation for my own claim.

It's one of the busiest periods of the year so you could be waiting a number of weeks.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »

You cannot do this online. You get statements from employer confirming how much they pay on your behalf for each year claimed and submit to Revenue.

By the way, your employer is supposed to provide this information directly to Revenue on the end of year p35 they file on your behalf. You can check if they have been doing this by looking at your paye anytime account and looking under prior years credits claimed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

By the way, your employer is supposed to provide this information directly to Revenue on the end of year p35 they file on your behalf. You can check if they have been doing this by looking at your paye anytime account and looking under prior years credits claimed.

Cheers, i'll check this later. And if not, i'll give them a shout.

It's one of the busiest periods of the year so you could be waiting a number of weeks.

As long as its not months I'm happy with that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭SeaFields

Perhaps a completely stupid question from the perspective of those in the know, but when applying for a P21 through PAYE online, is there any reason that I cant use my final payslip of 2012 for earnings / tax details rather than having to wait for my 2012 P60?

My employer has changed payroll company recently and lets just say it could be awhile before I see the latter :rolleyes:

SeaFields wrote: »
    Perhaps a completely stupid question from the perspective of those in the know, but when applying for a P21 through PAYE online, is there any reason that I cant use my final payslip of 2012 for earnings / tax details rather than having to wait for my 2012 P60?

My employer has changed payroll company recently and lets just say it could be awhile before I see the latter :rolleyes:

You can use your final payslip for the year so long as you read it correctly and input the right figures for your pay and tax; it's a common mistake that people using the online service make at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Just looking for some clarification on something.
    When i request a p21 balancing statement do i include DSP payments ?
    I started a new job in May but was on JSB prior to that, my DSP payments are on file when i log into paye anytime.

Also, it is still showing medical insurance relief but that ceased when i was made redundant from my previous job in 2011, there is no option to cancel or edit that online.

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Just looking for some clarification on something.
    When i request a p21 balancing statement do i include DSP payments ?
    I started a new job in May but was on JSB prior to that, my DSP payments are on file when i log into paye anytime.

Also, it is still showing medical insurance relief but that ceased when i was made redundant from my previous job in 2011, there is no option to cancel or edit that online.

You will need to call or email about this one. You need to get the medical insurance relief removed manually by the paye section and get them to make sure your DSP payments for 2012 are updated as they are a taxable source of income. They will show on your p21.

You will need to call or email about this one. You need to get the medical insurance relief removed manually by the paye section and get them to make sure your DSP payments for 2012 are updated as they are a taxable source of income. They will show on your p21.

Thanks for that, have sent off an email to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭twinex

Can anyone help me with this?, I've paid my for my bin collection from a refuse company in full every February for three years and was told that I could claim for this through the revenue but I'm on the dole now so would this effect my ability to claim?? The revenue.ie site, to me is hard to navigate as I've never claimed for anything before...

twinex wrote: »
    Can anyone help me with this?, I've paid my for my bin collection from a refuse company in full every February for three years and was told that I could claim for this through the revenue but I'm on the dole now so would this effect my ability to claim?? The revenue.ie site, to me is hard to navigate as I've never claimed for anything before...

You can claim for the previous years up to and including 2011 as far as i am aware (providing that your were paying tax).

Just go to the year you want to claim for when you log in and edit the amount in service charges relief, the maximum amount is €400

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭twinex

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    You can claim for the previous years up to and including 2011 as far as i am aware (providing that your were paying tax).

Just go to the year you want to claim for when you log in and edit the amount in service charges relief, the maximum amount is €400

Thanks for the response!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I'm trying to claim back overpayment of tax for last year. I had 3 employments, only one of which seems to be on PAYE Anytime. I have the details of the income and taxes deducted for the others. When I requested a P21 in previous years, it let me fill out the boxes that were blank. Now when I request P21 it goes straight into my requests and I can't put in the income.

Is there something obvious I'm missing or do I have to ring revenue?

I'm trying to claim back overpayment of tax for last year. I had 3 employments, only one of which seems to be on PAYE Anytime. I have the details of the income and taxes deducted for the others. When I requested a P21 in previous years, it let me fill out the boxes that were blank. Now when I request P21 it goes straight into my requests and I can't put in the income.

Is there something obvious I'm missing or do I have to ring revenue?

Can you see the other two jobs in the 2012 tab when you are logged in? If not they were never registered with Revenue, so you won't be able to enter any details online. You will have to send your p45s and or P60s to Revenue to review 2012.

Edited to make a little more sense.

Got all my USC/Income levy refunds since 2009. Applied 2nd week of January. Not a bad turn-around time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Can you see the other two jobs in the 2012 tab when you are logged in? If not they were never registered with Revenue, so you won't be able to enter any details online. You will have to send your p45s and or P60s to Revenue to review 2012.

Edited to make a little more sense.

Yes. They're both there including the dates i started and finished.Ive always registered new employments and sorted tax credits myself because ive been too broke to risk emergency tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,077 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I'm working on a temporary contract. What form do I need to claim the balance of my tax credits when that ends?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭SilentD

Can someone help here,

I was out of work sick for 5 months last year and was assigned DSP Illness Benefit. The payments went straight to my employer who paid me at the time. When I tried to claim tax relief on my medical expenses, which were substantial (€4k) I got a P21 saying I owed the revenue money!!! the DSP payments show up on my income as extra even though they were paid to my employer. Is this right? Seems crazy!!!!

SilentD wrote: »
    Can someone help here,

I was out of work sick for 5 months last year and was assigned DSP Illness Benefit. The payments went straight to my employer who paid me at the time. When I tried to claim tax relief on my medical expenses, which were substantial (€4k) I got a P21 saying I owed the revenue money!!! the DSP payments show up on my income as extra even though they were paid to my employer. Is this right? Seems crazy!!!!

It's a taxable source of income so you need to check if the employer included it your p60 figure. If they did then you need to contact Revenue to let them know its already been included and taxed. They can then adjust your figures and process an amended review.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/business/paye/guide/illness-benefit.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭SeaFields

Credit where its due in a big way.....

Using paye anytime, I only got around to applying for a P21 on Monday, got it Tuesday, refund in my bank account wednesday. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭leedslad

Earlier last year, I claimed for health expenses with PAYE Anytime for 2010 and 2011.
    Since then i came across a receipt for a 5 night hospital stay that i hadn't included in
    the 2011 claim. Can i include this in my 2012 claim?

Advertisement