Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Promotion Code - Irish Ferries / Stena Line

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭SachaJ

spongbob wrote: »
    anybody got any newer codes for irish ferries? A778 seem to be expired, car and 2 peoples...

thanks

Thought A778 was for Stenaline only?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

SachaJ wrote: »
    Thought A778 was for Stenaline only?

It is ... IF are not going to use the same codes as Stena. IF seem to distribute their codes to anyone on the mailing list when they have an offer, whereas Stena seem to give different affinity groups a discount code, like A778 / A788, which you can then use if you know what they are. IF codes therefore last as long as the offer lasts, whereas Stena's codes generally last much longer, because they're for intended for groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭easkey

It is ... IF are not going to use the same codes as Stena. IF seem to distribute their codes to anyone on the mailing list when they have an offer, whereas Stena seem to give different affinity groups a discount code, like A778 / A788, which you can then use if you know what they are. IF codes therefore last as long as the offer lasts, whereas Stena's codes generally last much longer, because they're for intended for groups.

A778 Worked E416 to E374.... Not booked yet!
    Will i be asked to bring codes or something for proof !
    :confused::confused::confused:

Not with Stena anyway, just present your booking.

I don't understand what you are saying re codes E416 and E374. I can't get either to work on the Stena or IF websites. Stena rejects it outright, and IF accepts it but doesn't apply a reduction (at least for the journey I'm looking at).

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭easkey

Not with Stena anyway, just present your booking.

I don't understand what you are saying re codes E416 and E374. I can't get either to work on the Stena or IF websites. Stena rejects it outright, and IF accepts it but doesn't apply a reduction (at least for the journey I'm looking at).

There not codes Euro price!!
    and thank you!!

• Advertisement

easkey wrote: »
    There not codes Euro price!!

Ahhh, that makes sense.

Think the € should work (usually control / Alt / 4).

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭joeswatch

Prices have increased so maybe that's why you thought the code didn't work.
    For best discount use code A778 = A793 = A627. Code A788 gives you slightly less discount and code A650 is accepted but gives you no discount. Hope that sums it up! If you've any queries, just enter the codes and see for yourself. Have a nice trip

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Henrib

Does anyone know if P and O Ferries have such codes? I'm looking at a Dublin to Liverpool trip with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 athyranger

Hi i used code A627 today may 21st 2012, got 10% reduction on Rosslare Fishguard, thanks to poster..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Pippi Longstocking

Hope this might be of use to someone!

"Get an EXTRA 10% OFF our BEST FARES on your NEXT Irish Sea Sailing with this email only! We will give this amazing discount for travel on ALL SAILINGS on the Irish Sea up to December 20th, but hurry you must book by July 31st"

Promotion Code - EIZ19J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Brilliant, thank you Pippi! I am booking a trip today and was hope for a saving! Is this for Irish ferries or Stena line though?

oops, just see your title! Irish Ferries it is! Thank again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Is there anything out there for Stena Line at the moment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

stena discounts available if you have an Supervalu Real Rewards card

http://supervalu.ie/real-rewards/getaway-breaks/save-10-with-stena-line-ferries/

Or if you have an AXA card from car/house insurance

http://www.axaplus.ie/stena_index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭maurice1

Thanks Joe A793 worked today on UK site booking DunL-Holyhead return.
    List prices were cheaper in Stg before discount applied

• Registered Users Posts: 20,788 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hope this might be of use to someone!

"Get an EXTRA 10% OFF our BEST FARES on your NEXT Irish Sea Sailing with this email only! We will give this amazing discount for travel on ALL SAILINGS on the Irish Sea up to December 20th, but hurry you must book by July 31st"

Promotion Code - EIZ19J

Thanks for the code pippi, it worked, but just a heads up for anyone who is thinking of using it but is also hoping to use the "Frequent traveller" discount, if you use it on a sailing, the sailing won't qualify for the frequent traveller discount of 20%, so you would not only lose out on the extra 10%, but may not qualify at all within that year, unless you make the 3 return or 6 single journeys.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

A793 still working today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Noushelle

Still working today too .. 20/8/2018 .. Thanks to OP!
    :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

When you input the code when does it show you got the discount at the checkout stage?

panama wrote: »
    When you input the code when does it show you got the discount at the checkout stage?

When I tried it, it automatically discounted the prices before you select them.

Noushelle wrote: »
    When I tried it, it automatically discounted the prices before you select them.

thanks. Is the code above for the stena line website?

• Advertisement

Yes it is. Here's how it looks in my receipt:

Dun Laoghaire - Holyhead
    ECONOMY 209.00 EUR
    A793 Discount -20.90 EUR
    TOTAL PRICE 188.10 EUR

It's still working now, I just checked for you.

Dun Laoghaire - Holyhead
    ECONOMY 209.00 EUR
    A793 Discount -20.90 EUR
    TOTAL PRICE 188.10 EUR

Do you need to have filled in your details for booking in order to avail of the discount?

I am looking to book from Dublin to Holyhead or Rosslare to Wales next month in the first 2 weeks of september.

I can't seem to get anything off when I input the code, have a feeling it is for booking August trips or else has expired. :(

panama wrote: »

Dun Laoghaire - Holyhead
    ECONOMY 209.00 EUR
    A793 Discount -20.90 EUR
    TOTAL PRICE 188.10 EUR

Do you need to have filled in your details for booking in order to avail of the discount?

I am looking to book from Dublin to Holyhead or Rosslare to Wales next month in the first 2 weeks of september.

I can't seem to get anything off when I input the code, have a feeling it is for booking August trips or else has expired. :(

Yes, you need to put in your dates, destination and then the code.
    Perhaps it is just for August, or for the Dublin to Holyhead route.

Do you have AXA insurance or know somebody in the IFA? They get a standard discount.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭DA365

Is there any active codes for any site for Holyhead back to Dublin on Sep 4th? Single journey inc car.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JFK82

EICO21A 10% on Irish Ferries. Book before Sept 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jaksog

JFK82 wrote: »
    EICO21A 10% on Irish Ferries. Book before Sept 5th

Thanks, It Worked for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭flycd

Any current codes for stena or irish ferries?

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Hi everyone

Just to say I booked IF for Rosslare-Roscoff (3 kids, 2 adults, car and cabins both ways) return last FEBRUARY to travel to France in June and I got a promotional fare price of €560.

Checking now for the same dates in 2013 it's coming out at €616, so I reckon it's better to wait until after Christmas to book.

Get on mailing list if you want promotional fares - best way to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Hi. I'm looking for a current code if anyone can help me out. I'm travelling next month Belfast to cairnryan with either p&o ferries or stena line, there's only a few euros in the difference.

• Advertisement

Got an email today from Stena saying they are removing the restriction placed on the use of Tesco Clubcard vouchers for the Rosslare and Dublin Port / Dun Laoghaire routes (has been about €210 per return trip for the last couple of years).

Given the average return trip can be in excess of €300 and Irish Ferries have never had such a restriction, I imagine most customers that have used these in the last couple of years have used Irish Ferries, so I am not surprised they are finally lifting the resriction.

There was a great period around 2008 when we managed to pay for a couple of return trips using these tesco vouchers with Stena, and they accrued Compass points (also now sadly gone and replaced by the "Xtra card" that apparently "gives you more", though I think eveyone knows it gives you less), which gave you complimentary priority boarding and Stena Plus. That loophole was eventually closed.

Advertisement