Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Prayer Requests / Testimonies

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

In light of the seriousness of the other prayers here i feel a little embarrassed in asking.

Anyway, I'm starting a new job soon. I hope I have what it takes!

Prayers appreciated :)

Best of luck with the new job, may you make may friends and have peace of mind on your first day. God bless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 silvermint

"Again, truly I tell you, if two of you agree on earth about anything you ask, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them."

my bestfriend (shes only 25) had a liver transplant 2 months ago, she had amazed everybody by her quick recovery. She got sick last Saturday night with what the doctors thought was an ulcur brought on by the drugs that she was on for her liver and had blocked it off but she got sick again yesterday and the doctors now realise it was an anurism, they have blocked it for the moment and have her stablised but she needs another liver transplant asap. please help me pray her through this....trust and Lord will deliver

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

My prayers and thoughts go out to your best friend at this difficult time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Whoever you are, and wherever you are, please join in this prayer for Madeline.It will only take one minute. Thank you.

Our Father who art in heaven
    Hallowed be thy name
    Thy kingdom come
    Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven
    Give us this day our daily bread
    And forgive us our trespasses-as we forgive those who trespass against us...
    And lead us not into temptation
    But deliver us from evil
    For THINE is the kingdom, the POWER and the GLORY
    Forever and ever,
    Amen.

CathyMoran wrote:
    Will be praying for your uncle and thinking of him - please let us know how he gets on.

My uncle is dying, he is no longer receiving chemo and has been moved to Marymount Hospice, Military Hill in Cork. He went down hill within 2 days. Said my goodbyes today and am heartbroken. Gaeltacht families like use are really close. Please pray that he holds on until his eldest daughter has completed the leaving cert. Pray that he has a peaceful death surrounded by those he loved and who loved him in return.

• Advertisement

My uncle is dying, he is no longer receiving chemo and has been moved to Marymount Hospice, Military Hill in Cork. He went down hill within 2 days. Said my goodbyes today and am heartbroken. Gaeltacht families like use are really close. Please pray that he holds on until his eldest daughter has completed the leaving cert. Pray that he has a peaceful death surrounded by those he loved and who loved him in return.
    Will be praying for your uncle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

So sorry to hear this. I am praying for your uncle and for all the family.
    PDN

My uncle passed away at 8 oclock Tuesday morning. His daughter's exams finished on Monday morning so he got his wish to live until the L.C. was finished. The family are doing OK and they have the best supportive neighbours in the world. He went peacefully in his sleep. Thanks for all your prayers. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I'd like to request a prayer for my grandmother who has just had surgery on her back today after difficulty walking and pain in her legs. I'd like to thank you in advance for putting her in your thoughts and prayers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

How is she doing now Jakkass?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭ponderer

I wish the very best of luck for everyone who is going through hard times at this point in time.

I do need to point out that God does not exist so it is better for people to pray amongst themselves or to their friends when seeking help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Excelsior wrote:
    How is she doing now Jakkass?

operation was a success, the nurses / doctors are hopeful that she will walk again and she's feeling a lot better. Thank you all again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Jakkass wrote:
    operation was a success, the nurses / doctors are hopeful that she will walk again and she's feeling a lot better. Thank you all again.

Delighted to hear that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 hi-fi

Please could you all remember my Mum in your prayers, she has copd is suffering an awful lot, I don't think she's got long left and I keep praying that she could be a little more comfortable. She is 57-fairly young-and we're all very sad.
    Also, please pray for my Dad, my brothers and sister and my kids. My mum is our rock & foundation and we will all be so lost when she's gone, we love her so.

Dear God, Please measure my Mum's last days in Quality and not Quantity. Thank You

Will pray for your mum and the rest of your family.

I have my first scan to make sure that the oesophageal cancer is gone on Friday week, I would be greatful if people could pray that it is OK.

Also could you pray for my husband who has a blood clot on his leg, please pray that it disolves itself and does not move to his heart.

Cathy I'll be thinking of you and your husband at service on Sunday.

Remember those who are getting the leaving results next week, that they may make the right life choices and folow their hearts on their first tentative steps into adult life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭highlydebased

If any of you have a few minutes, would appriciate a few prayers, life has become difficult over the last while. And I ask god that my endevours to start a relationship with a certain female will not goasunder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

We will pray things work out for the best Neon-Circles. Hang on in there.

News on the scan Cathy?

The scan went well, I am clear from cancer for the moment (though I do have large lymph nodes). I also was told that I can go back to work next month :D

Could everyone please pray that Shane and I do well in the interviews we are doing on Thursday and Friday respectively (if I can remember half of the stuff with my chemo brain!). Thanks.

• Advertisement

Could you please pray for Sai (Scenic911) who is in hospital again with problems with his cancer.

Could you please pray that I get my fertility back after my cancer treatments and that Shane and I are able to have a healthy baby (as well as me being healthy too through it and afterwards). Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Can I ask for prayer for my mam who's just had her second heart attack in the past year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

My Aunt, who is 83, was diagnosed with Cancer a good few months back. She didn't want any chemo or radiotherapy, so they treated her with some type of pill?? Anyway, her son was told about a month ago, that the pil had not had the desired effect, and that she had about a year to live as it doesn't spread as quickly in someone so old. The family prayed, and she did also (she wasn't told about the 1 year to live scenario). Went to the doctor last week. doctor is baffled. Why? Not a trace of cancer. She's full of beans and ballroom danicin 3 times a week. All glory to God, through our King Jesus Christ, Amen.:) :):)

Could we all pray for Sai (Scenic_911) who is having major cancer surgery tomorrow. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

JimiTime wrote:
    My Aunt, who is 83, was diagnosed with Cancer a good few months back. She didn't want any chemo or radiotherapy, so they treated her with some type of pill?? Anyway, her son was told about a month ago, that the pil had not had the desired effect, and that she had about a year to live as it doesn't spread as quickly in someone so old. The family prayed, and she did also (she wasn't told about the 1 year to live scenario). Went to the doctor last week. doctor is baffled. Why? Not a trace of cancer. She's full of beans and ballroom danicin 3 times a week. All glory to God, through our King Jesus Christ, Amen.:) :):)

Praise the Lord.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

Praise God for the doctors who performed my sons recent heart surgery and thenurses who looked after him in post-op.

And thanks to God for being with my wife, my daughters and myself through this trying time, and for giving us peace and confidence throughout it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Great to hear about your son Brian. All the best to himself and the rest the family.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I'll pray for all of you guys suffering or watching a loved one suffer at the moment. I think in hindsight the time before an imminent departure is the worst mentally, so hang in there at this special time.

Can people remember my close friend and relative of the family in their prayers. This guy was very good to us on countless occasions, most recently around the time my granny passed away. He was very good to mum and granny when my granddad died at a very young age. He is suffering from cancer at the moment and got his wish to enjoy his daughter's wedding last week. Praise the Lord.

• Advertisement

I hope that your friend beats cancer - there is a life afterwards but it is a tough battle - will pray for him.

Advertisement