Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mart Price Tracker

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

DukeCaboom wrote: »
    Single farm money usually gives it a rise.

Can’t see any more of a rise coming. Prices are crazy dear at the minute relative to beef price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Can’t see any more of a rise coming. Prices are crazy dear at the minute relative to beef price.

When did beef price ever dictate store prices.?

2 farmers with money to spend are bigger enemies to themselves than the factories.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭jfh

valtra2 wrote: »
    That time of year again. The black and whites are looking more and more appealing.

Great prices, what breed were the mothers, know u have the ai code but not up to scratch on those

• Registered Users Posts: 11,068 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

orm0nd wrote: »
    When did beef price ever dictate store prices.?

2 farmers with money to spend are bigger enemies to themselves than the factories.

No truer statement in the Mart trade than that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭tanko

jfh wrote: »
    Great prices, what breed were the mothers, know u have the ai code but not up to scratch on those

KDZ and SI2152 are Sim bulls, don’t know the other one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭K9

valtra2 wrote: »
    That time of year again. The black and whites are looking more and more appealing.

What do you think of lm4007? Keep any replacements?

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭valtra2

jfh wrote: »

As tanko said two are sim bulls. Two are off of stock bull here which is lim. And the other is Hereford.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭valtra2

K9 wrote: »
    What do you think of lm4007? Keep any replacements?

Ya have a few to calf off him this year. Very impressed with his calfs nice shape and length which is missing with a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭adne

Lm bull loyal seems to be bringing nice female stock

• Registered Users Posts: 10,681 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

adne wrote: »
    Lm bull loyal seems to be bringing nice female stock

Do they stay small, though?

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Fotish

mahoney_j wrote: »
    No truer statement in the Mart trade than that
    Very true , just love one horse races myself !

Do they stay small, though?

Dont know. Have few wean heifers nice length and shape so far

adne wrote: »
    Dont know. Have few wean heifers nice length and shape so far

Did use him on heifers or cows?

tanko wrote: »
    Did use him on heifers or cows?

Heifers. Spits them out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

A buddy of my is selling 5 red lmx bulls from 320 to 350kgs....he is being offered €850 at home....I’m telling him it’s not a bad price given everything going on......what do you think? Thanks Mac

I think id be taking that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

Near enough an average of €2.50 / kg is a good enough price when you put a batch of cattle together. I am also guessing that is fresh weight after a few hours in the mart they would be weighing 20 - 30 kgs less.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,140 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Anto_Meath wrote: »
    Near enough an average of €2.50 / kg is a good enough price when you put a batch of cattle together. I am also guessing that is fresh weight after a few hours in the mart they would be weighing 20 - 30 kgs less.

Even if his present weights 335kgs are mart weights when you add fees and transport at 20 euro combined he is getting 2.6/kg

Slava Ukrainii

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    A buddy of my is selling 5 red lmx bulls from 320 to 350kgs....he is being offered €850 at home....I’m telling him it’s not a bad price given everything going on......what do you think? Thanks Mac

If there average to good quality and the weights are accurate then I'd consider it a fair price currently. By the time you add haulage, commission and other mart associated costs you'd want at least another €30 a head and I'd imagine they'd struggle to achieve anymore across the bunch. The marts are packed atm due to the time of year and other uncertainty. If they were mine I'd be strongly considering that offer tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,681 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Good price, if he gets paid???????

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

If there average to good quality and the weights are accurate then I'd consider it a fair price currently. By the time you add haulage, commission and other mart associated costs you'd want at least another €30 a head and I'd imagine they'd struggle to achieve anymore across the bunch. The marts are packed atm due to the time of year and other uncertainty. If they were mine I'd be strongly considering that offer tbh.

Very true Albert, neighbor is a cattle dealer and he would say he can take €30 less in the yard than he can in the ring, plus he says he needs another €30 to buy them in the first place.
    Just drove past the mart in Carnaross there, never seen such a que into it before, guessing this weather would make lads move weanlings.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Good price, if he gets paid???????

There's that too of course but no price is a good one unless you collect payment. I've seen a good variety of different customers come and go and for the most part a good man never lasts. The man who can give way over the odds usually runs out of capital and eventually burns all those he deals with. Someone who pays less but cough's up everytime is a safer bet in the long run imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Micey.ie

+1,and they will be 10-20kgs lighter in the ring after standing in mart for few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

There is some big sale in gortatlea to night the weanling heifers did not start yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Anybody watching the incalf heifers selling in roscrea last night? Some were too well fed for my liking and a good few were very wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭K9

orm0nd wrote: »
    Anybody watching the incalf heifers selling in roscrea last night? Some were too well fed for my liking and a good few were very wild.

Few were wild alright. Didn’t think they were too well fed, few on the small side Imo (Below 500kg). Got good money for them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Dunedin

K9 wrote: »
    Few were wild alright. Didn’t think they were too well fed, few on the small side Imo (Below 500kg). Got good money for them

What was the price range

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭DBK1

There is some big sale in gortatlea to night the weanling heifers did not start yet.
    5 to 3 when the heifers finished selling. It’s madness really, they badly need a second ring there. Having stock standing in pens for 12 hours + before selling doesn’t do them any favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

DBK1 wrote: »
    5 to 3 when the heifers finished selling. It’s madness really, they badly need a second ring there. Having stock standing in pens for 12 hours + before selling doesn’t do them any favours.

Sadly same happens in allot of Marts
    Not fair on cattle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭DBK1

Sadly same happens in allot of Marts
    Not fair on cattle
    Between ground conditions and the lockdown everyone was selling last night. There was a dairy sale on first so the weanling sale didn’t start until 6 instead of 5. But there was up near 1,200 went through the weanling sale. It’s an awful lot to be going through 1 ring.

Advertisement