Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

After Hours Presidential Election Poll

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Right, that's sorted then. Close the thread.

464051.png

Well it's how Higgins's hero Castro won most of his "elections".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I think the results of this poll says more about the users of After Hours than the outcome of the Presidential race

Even on here, I expect Michael D will pass Casey out. The people who claim to hate Travellers have probably blown their load too early. The gap is narrowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Wasn’t going to vote myself but will definitely vote now since PC showed us his balls.

Oh get out of the garden. You're falling for a spoof!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

I think the results of this poll says more about the users of After Hours than the outcome of the Presidential race

No no you don't understand, Casey will sweep to power in the first count. After hours is never wrong. Especially when it comes to minorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Even on here, I expect Michael D will pass Casey out. The people who claim to hate Travellers have probably blown their load too early. The gap is narrowing.

I have no doubt Michael D will see a second term - I don’t think as many people were swayed by the expenses thing as we are led to believe. Most of us see it for what it was and MD for the great president he is.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Abortion and gay marriage after hours polls were very accurate to the results.

Looks like Casey will make Ireland great again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Too early to cast my vote yet. Without doubt it was Michael D all the way until last night's debate for me, now I'm not so sure - I don't know if any of them deserve my vote. Casey in fairness to him, whether I agree or not, isn't afraid to speak his mind. Freeman came across as petulant, Duffy is a chancer, Ni Riadh's voice grates on me, Gallagher looks like he's permanently stifling a fart and then there's the incumbent?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭moby2101

Casey all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 8,315 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

A vote against travellers. It’s got to end well. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

A vote against travellers. It’s got to end well. :rolleyes:

Quite a dilemma if he does get elected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

no doubt Higgins will win but a boost for Casey will be an acknowledgement of public rejection of the pavee point narrative which is totally at odds with most people's lived experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Looking at the poll, I really hope that AH is taking the absolute piss!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Degag wrote: »

Why? He's said nothing wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Patww79 wrote: »
    I didn't say he had; in fact i agree with him. However just becuase he makes one statement - a brave statement if you will, does not mean he is suddenly a logical canditate for the presidency. He's quite the opposite in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I don’t think anyone would disagree with you but one statement, however accurate it may be, does not make him a good choice.

I didn't say he had; in fact i agree with him. However just becuase he makes one statement - a brave statement if you will, does not mean he is suddenly a logical canditate for the presidency. He's quite the opposite in my opinion!
    yes but the presidency being pretty much a ceremonial role, people might take it as a safe opportunity for a protest vote.

He's said one thing more than the other candidates so far at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Michael D all the way for me so far.

Casey is using his platform to sow division & hatred, creating an “us vs them” mindset. I don’t want that. It’s a slippery slope.

dudara wrote: »

Casey is using his platform to sow division & hatred, creating an “us vs them” mindset. I don’t want that. It’s a slippery slope.
    us and them came in when the sought seperate ethic status

In reality it is us vs them though.

• Advertisement

They're not taking the piss - AH has always been a hotbed of anti-traveller racism - but we'll find out when the next poll comes out (probably in one of the Sunday papers) just how representative they are of society as a whole. Not very, I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Define us and them - unemployed vs workers, Irish vs non-nationals, women vs men, Christians vs jews??

Who is us and who is them? To someone on the other side of a fence, you’re “them”. Where does it stop?

Define us and them - unemployed vs workers, Irish vs non-nationals, women vs men, Christians vs jews.

Who is us and who is them? To someone on the other side of a fence, you’re “them”

I'm talking about the traveller thing. But a couple of others you mentioned apply these days too, they just haven't been covered in this campaign yet and probably won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,616 ✭✭✭✭listermint

us and them came in when the sought seperate ethic status

Il ask you this

What in the jaysus do travellers or their ethnic status or a bunch of houses down in Tipp have to do with the presidential race.

Here's the answer nothing.

It's only something because this self promoting scumbag wants it to be.

Get back on topic of selling the country internationally and being a brand ambassador.

Anyone falling for this nonsense is a fool and needs to really look at themselves.

And I've no love for travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Mickie D is the more cost effective option. Whatever about his expenses leaving him in for another term will cost the taxpayer less. If a new president is elected that is another salary on top of Mickie d’s pension if Mickie d spends another term he won’t be drawing the pension for long after whereas the younger candidates will spend a third a lifetime drawing their pension.

I'm talking about the traveller thing. But a couple of others you mentioned apply these days too, they just haven't been covered in this campaign yet and probably won't.

If a few votes can be exploited from pitting low-paid workers against the unemployed, I'm sure Peter Casey will have a go.

listermint wrote: »
    Il ask you this

What in the jaysus do travellers or their ethnic status or a bunch of houses down in Tipp have to do with the presidential race.

Here's the answer nothing.

It's only something because this self promoting scumbag wants it to be.

Get back on topic of selling the country internationally and being a brand ambassador.

Anyone falling for this nonsense is a fool and needs to really look at themselves.

And I've no love for travellers.
    it's a real issue for tens of thousands of people up and down the country. nothing to do with the office of president I grant you but a lot of people agree with him, he said it, the mob came after him and he doubled down. that's rare in irish public life.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

That travellers aren’t an ethnic minority? He actually did say that, and he’s incorrect.

So yes, what he said was factually wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,616 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ten Pin wrote: »
    If Casey gets even half the votes he has from this poll in the next media bubble poll, expect full on muck raking of him, his family and his business by the journalists currently boot licking the incumbent.

Casey has no business being near the presidency.

I don't take my ques from the media either.

The fella is a cad. Give over with the liberal media licking nonsense. This is more of the victim vilification crap that moves around in this new reality . Everyone is so pc blah blah blah.

Get off the podium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Only one winner according to bookies

wp-ss-20181018-0001.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement