Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 2 is alive. BF2hub.

• 10-06-2018 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭

I've been having great craic playing BF2 since last week. The servers are ranked and always a few that are full.

Get back in the fight soldiers :P

1) Reinstall game from Origin, Steam or disc ( if you install from disc, you must patch to 1.41 and then 1.5).

2) Start game. Log into your old account or create a new one.

3) Install BF2hub and allow it to copy keys and account details over.

4) Reload game and go to multiplayer...

Your back in the fight soldier;)

Something to get you back in the mood,

ps, My brother had trouble logging into his old account, so he just went to create an account using his old details and it logged him in with all his stats.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield2/comments/7adngy/playing_battlefield_2_in_2017_after_the_revive/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

tried this a few times but always get "connection to server is lost" everytime i try to launch a multiplayer game

any ideas how to fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

squawker wrote: »
    tried this a few times but always get "connection to server is lost" everytime i try to launch a multiplayer game

any ideas how to fix?

Hi.

Is the multiplayer server list updating after you have installed BF2hub ?

Make sure you launch the game from BF2hub and your account details are in the left pane of the hub.

My brother had that issue a bit after he sorted out his account login. He was launching from Origin. He sorted it by launching from BF2hub.

Hi.

Is the multiplayer server list updating after you have installed BF2hub ?

Make sure you launch the game from BF2hub and your account details are in the left pane of the hub.

My brother had that issue a bit after he sorted out his account login. He was launching from Origin. He sorted it by launching from BF2hub.

everything seems to be perfect in the BF2 Hub, launching the game with my old BF2 profile (don't even have Origin installed as new BF games are sh1te)

I can see the server lists but as soon as I try to connect I get that error message, and if I try again the game just quits to desktop

Try this...

Go to documents, battlefield 2, mods, cache. Delete the contents.

I'll have a think about it more and get back to you.

Go to documents, battlefield 2, mods, cache. Delete the contents.

tried that already, even cleared the registry of anything BF2 related, uninstalled / reinstalled, even tried on a VM, I also dropped my firewall briefly

I can't figure it out, I would love to get back into the BF2 attack choppers again

• Advertisement

tried that already, even cleared the registry of anything BF2 related, uninstalled / reinstalled, even tried on a VM, I also dropped my firewall briefly

I can't figure it out, I would love to get back into the BF2 attack choppers again

Are you sure you have the correct login details ?

ps, the bro reckons he just did a pc restart and it worked.

Right...

Punkbuster needs to be installed and up to date.

Did you install Punkbuster ? .If you did and your still having issues then uninstall it and reinstall,
    https://www.evenbalance.com/downloads.php

yes Punkbuster installed and service running

I am using my old BF2 username, I even tried a new profile with the same results

Think I am close to giving up

yes Punkbuster installed and service running

I am using my old BF2 username, I even tried a new profile with the same results

Think I am close to giving up

Dang, I'm all out of ideas mate.

Dang, I'm all out of ideas mate.

I got it working, I installed Win7 on another partition and it worked first time

Thanks for your help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Can't find my BF2 Disc, and can't be waiting around until delivery, wondering if Gamestop have any copies.

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    Can't find my BF2 Disc, and can't be waiting around until delivery, wondering if Gamestop have any copies.

Hi.

I had my copy installed onto Origin. I didn't need a disc.

Remember, if your using disc to install, you will have to find patch 1.4 and then 1.5. I have them on file if you need them.

I've been having great fun back in the action :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,410 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

sweet..have the entire bf2 collection on origin..downloading now.
    For me BF2 was the best battlefield ever. After 1.5 the planes were awful as they screwed up the mechanics of the F18,F35 and migs so the J10 was completely op against them.
    DICE admitted it after about a year and said that it would take a complete reworking of the plane mechanics to fix it and that wasn't going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I've set everything up, with BFHUB, and I get a list of all servers(text for servers comes up in red). When I try to join a server, I get no connection to network error. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,410 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    I've set everything up, with BFHUB, and I get a list of all servers(text for servers comes up in red). When I try to join a server, I get no connection to network error. Any ideas?

did you download punkbuster etc and update it.
    i know bfhub only had an update about 2 days ago also

• Registered Users Posts: 8,139 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Anyone get this working with using the files from the Origin download?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 752611716

I think one might find more success with files sold on Amazon.

Advertisement