Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BATTLEFRONT (by DICE)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

I WANT MY M16

hu2l2.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

This has got me very excited. VERY excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Hope it's not just the empire vs rebels, preferred the clone wars in the other games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

mozattack wrote: »
    If all weapons are laser guns I will give this a miss and let the kiddies or geeks play.

If weapons are more traditional guns well then we are looking good

As others have pointed out, it's Star Wars! What type of guns are you looking for? I want all sorts of blasters & cool STAR WARS ****e in the game.

....there might even be light sabers!!! Or are swords cooler??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

If all weapons are laser guns I will give this a miss and let the kiddies or geeks play.

If weapons are more traditional guns well then we are looking good

Also sub Darth Vader for Hitler........

• Advertisement

And nevermind the X-wing squadron, we want the Luftwaffe dammit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

mikom wrote: »
    Also sub Darth Vader for Hitler........

Commander Mode

"Mooooveee tooo UHHHHHH A"

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-battlefront-to-be-revealed-in-april/
    We've heard almost nothing about Star Wars: Battlefront since EA announced its resurrection in 2013, beyond a brief teaser, some talk about maps, and a rumored "holidays 2015" launch window. But that's about to change, as Electronic Arts will finally unveil the game to the public at the Star Wars Celebration taking place next month in Anaheim, California.
    "We could not think of a better or more appropriate place to debut the game officially for the first time than the premier event that celebrates the Star Wars universe and the legions of fans who have fallen in love with it," EA said in the announcement.
    No further details were revealed, but that's not terribly surprising since the debut is only a few weeks away: The Star Wars Celebration runs from April 16-19 at the Anaheim Convention Center. We will, of course, be in attendance. Even if we have to don a knock of Chewbacca suit to do so.

http://www.pcgamer.com/ea-seeks-star-wars-battlefront-playtesters-for-next-week/
    So if you're looking for something to do in California next weekend, you may sign up here; if beautiful BC is where you'll be, names go in the hat over here. The rest of us will just have to wait for the Star Wars: Battlefront trailer reveal, which will happen at precisely 10:30 am PDT on April 17.

Niiiice. Can't wait for the reveal. Please Jasus let this be as good as we hope. really need a good new game. Stupid Hardline.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

EA Access users on Xbox One get to play this a week before it releases

The image that instagram thing is revealing day by day.

Reveal morrow.

https://twitter.com/BenMorrow1/status/588294815906979841

You can mod the stormtroopers?

1dZV19nrmiGE.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

According to the site's source code, the game is releasing November 17th on Xbox One, Ps4 and PC. Can't wait for tomorrow. Is this the right place for the game's thread though?

Is this the right place for the game's thread though?

Its most likely going to be Battlefield with pew pew pew pew, so yes?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Its most likely going to be Battlefield with pew pew pew pew, so yes?

As obvious as that point is, it doesn't have the name Battlefield in it and a lot of people will buy it based on the whole Star Wars "pew pew pew" aspect as opposed to the developers behind the game. It was a legitimate question if this should be more visible in the main game page instead of a niche subsection.

As obvious as that point is, it doesn't have the name Battlefield in it and a lot of people will buy it based on the whole Star Wars "pew pew pew" aspect as opposed to the developers behind the game. It was a legitimate question if this should be more visible in the main game page instead of a niche subsection.

People have bought games with the words Star Wars in for years and 3 of the 87 or so have been decent.

There probably is a thread in games but it could have been moved to the Star Wars forum :confused: Boards is weird like that.

Anyway game footage found in the code thingie. prolly wont last long go to 30s

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,949 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Looks like AP accidentally broke the embargo:

http://kotaku.com/first-star-wars-battlefront-details-emerge-1698466161

Only 40 players they're claiming.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,949 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Pedro, you can just edit the posts in situ, there's no need to delete and try again each time, especially since I had already fixed the video in your second attempt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Good trailer. I can categorically say I've never seen a single episode of Star Wars, so there isn't much hype for me.

Glad they've included the 3rd person and the Pre-order DLC only being a being a week earlier access to free DLC, but those single/coop missions sound like there'll be a lot of additional paid DLC going forward. But if they had a Republic commando inspired one I pay for that.

For all the hate the prequels get I like Droids vs Clones a lot better in the battlefront games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Spear wrote: »

Only 40 players they're claiming.

:(

That's less than 2005's Battlefront 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

40 players

3rd person option

=> no interest

There is no way a game can properly have 3rd and 1st person views. The former will win with spamming hip hire and having better field of view.

What a stupid decision.

BF5 better come fast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

mozattack wrote:
    There is no way a game can properly have 3rd and 1st person views. The former will win with spamming hip hire and having better field of view.

Maby third person is for the jedi/sith class that is at a disadvantage since they only have light sabres and infantry with guns will be locked to first person

fergus1001 wrote: »
    Maby third person is for the jedi/sith class that is at a disadvantage since they only have light sabres and infantry with guns will be locked to first person

Everyone can use 3rd person, that's expected for a battlefront game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Varik wrote: »
    Everyone can use 3rd person, that's expected for a battlefront game.

Fail.

Name a good third person multiplayer shooter.

Tumbleweed.

There are none.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Wossack

DayZ?

Fail.

Name a good third person multiplayer shooter.

Tumbleweed.

There are none.

Battlefront and Battlefront 2 :rolleyes:

They worked far better as 3rd person even though I'm an FPS player.

I would like if there was a 3rd person option in the new Battlefront, as fans of the franchise are used to it and I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people played it that way.

That besides there are plenty of decent third person multiplayer games over the years besides Battlefront and Battlefront 2.

In fact even at the current moment Warfame is hugely popular and that's a third person shooter.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    People have bought games with the words Star Wars in for years and 3 of the 87 or so have been decent.

Now in fairness there are tons of good Star Wars games.

Battlefront
    Battlefront 2
    Dark Forces
    Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight 2
    X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter
    Rogue Squadron
    Republic Commando
    Knights of the Old Republic
    Knights of the Old Republic 2
    Empire at War
    The Force Unleashed
    The Force Unleashed 2

Now those are just the really good ones that were critically/commerically well received. There are plenty other 'decent' ones that just weren't great, but all of the above were very good Star Wars games.

Advertisement