Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dealz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Filibuster

I picked up some hydrogen peroxide teeth whitening pens. Pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭xploderz

Filibuster wrote: »
    I picked up some hydrogen peroxide teeth whitening pens. Pretty good.

That can't be good for your teeth :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Filibuster

xploderz wrote: »
    That can't be good for your teeth :confused:

It's perfectly fine. Hydrogen Peroxide is used in all good quality teeth whitening systems and is the only effective method to whiten teeth. Whitening toothpaste on the other hand is ineffective and damages your enamel as it is so abrasive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

This thread seems to go off topic much more so than most :confused:

Dealz have a beautiful Christmas Story pop up book at the moment for €2. There's a small story book, the main book which is a pop up of the nativity scene, and pages of pop out characters you can stand in the scene. Truly gorgeous and an absolute steal at that price.

I got one of the €3 till spits a few weeks ago. I spent over €20 that night and got the voucher, was about a six week validity period on it so quite impressive.

I love Dealz. Any time I need any sort of toiletries, I would make the travel in to pick them up there. Heck, I used to go to Carphone warehouse and buy badly made phone chargers for nearly a tenner - they would break a few weeks later. Bought the cable in Dealz for €1.49 and it's still good over nearly 2 months later.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Any more info about these till spit coupons?
    Are they store specific?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Filibuster wrote: »
    It's perfectly fine. Hydrogen Peroxide is used in all good quality teeth whitening systems and is the only effective method to whiten teeth. Whitening toothpaste on the other hand is ineffective and damages your enamel as it is so abrasive.

Really? I seen those pens but I wasn't too sure if they were safe...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

While we're on the subject of toothpaste, I mentioned that I bought Arm & Hammer from Dealz.

I remember an article in a magazine some years ago where they were doing a trial of whitening toothpastes and Arm & Hammer came out on tops.

That's why I was so eager to find it...obviously I did find it in Dealz.
    Have to say, I'm very impressed by it.

I don't have yellow teeth but this stuff has slightly whitened them to a degree that I've noticed it, as have others.

It does have a funny taste, though, I think due to the baking soda, but it doesn't put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

I picked up a bottle of carpet cleaner 1.49, looks and smell identical to the vanish powershot which I have been paying over 7 euro for in tesco. I also got a bottle of vanish liquid for 1.49. Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ky Abu

Lyons 240 teabags €6. Good bargain.

€3 off when you spend over €18 on anything. So if you wanted, you could actually get 3 boxes of Lyons for the equilivant of €5 for 240teabags!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭NickDunne

Dealz FTW!

I got 5 x 1 litre bottles of the premixed antifreeze for a grand total of €7.45 :D

Better than trying to guess the ratio by using concentrate. No fuss, no muss!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Ky Abu wrote: »
    Lyons 240 teabags €6. Good bargain.

€3 off when you spend over €18 on anything. So if you wanted, you could actually get 3 boxes of Lyons for the equilivant of €5 for 240teabags!

Mrs. Doyle would be right on top of that deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

snubbleste wrote: »
    Are they store specific?

No, they can be used in any Dealz store up to the 22nd of December. Spend €18 or more and get €3 off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

NickDunne wrote: »
    Dealz FTW!

I got 5 x 1 litre bottles of the premixed antifreeze for a grand total of €7.45 :D

Better than trying to guess the ratio by using concentrate. No fuss, no muss!

I assume you mean screenwash, I wouldn't be putting the stuff from Dealz in my car's cooling system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

1.49 for a 1m hdmi cable. win.

bmaxi wrote: »
    I assume you mean screenwash, I wouldn't be putting the stuff from Dealz in my car's cooling system.
    No, he used the word antifreeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

No, he used the word antifreeze.

I know what he said. You can buy screenwash which has anti frost properties so it doesn't freeze in your washer bottle. This is not to be confused with antifreeze which is added to the cooling system, as anybody who uses screenwash for this purpose could quickly and possibly expensively, find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Its anti-freeze,

http://www.dealz.ie/prodriver-anti-freeze-1-ltr

few bottles of that and a tray of coke and that's the christmas booze sorted :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Are they store specific?

No they are not store specific used one from Blanch in the Omni no problem ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭NickDunne

bmaxi wrote: »
    I know what he said. You can buy screenwash which has anti frost properties so it doesn't freeze in your washer bottle. This is not to be confused with antifreeze which is added to the cooling system, as anybody who uses screenwash for this purpose could quickly and possibly expensively, find out.

You are the only one here who mentioned screenwash. You know what they say about assumptions...

Why wouldn't you use Carplan/Prodriver antifreeze? They're Ethylene based like any other and at 50% ratio is good for -34. I doubt we'll ever see that temperature here and I'm not exactly precious about a 96 micra ;)

• Advertisement

Got a Dealz till spit!
    It's €1 off a €10 spend :(

They also have 24 cans of Coke for €10, not the best deal.

Get a personal training session for €7.45
    Spend €5.96 on Weight Watchers products at Dealz in January and you can book a personal training session worth €30 for only €1.49.
    There are lots of sessions to choose from, from yoga to Pilates to general fitness; all with a qualified instructor based locally to you.
    http://www.moreforyoureuro.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Get a personal training session for €7.45
    Spend €5.96 on Weight Watchers products at Dealz in January and you can book a personal training session worth €30 for only €1.49.
    There are lots of sessions to choose from, from yoga to Pilates to general fitness; all with a qualified instructor based locally to you.
    http://www.moreforyoureuro.com/

This is interesting. I would never buy Weight Watchers products but I am intrigued by this. I wouldn't mind but I was in Dealz today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Some good dealz in Dealz this week.

8 multipack of Kellog's cereal - 1.49! (used love these as a kid)

3 bags of Jonnie Onion rings (hard to find these days) 1.49!

20 pack of Meanies - 2e!

g9852Uil.jpg

GPsnja6l.jpg

dMibbtul.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

20 pack of Meanies - 2e!

and a diabetes test for 1.49??

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭zoeybelle

They're doing some good dvds brand new In Blanch. Apollo 13 for 1.49. a lot of bad dvdd and who could forget....vibrators.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

bk wrote: »
    Or maybe, you are just use to the taste of Irish ones and people in the UK would have the opposite few.

Either way Coke and Chocolate are full of sugar, which is basically a poison which is causing the obesity epidemic and killing people, read here:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/science/oh-sugar-fructose-the-sweet-white-poison-1.1523982

So better to cut them out of your diet anyway, you will live longer and be happier.
    Get out of here with this shit...
    TheDriver wrote: »
    and a diabetes test for 1.49??

Why do people feel the need to stick their beak into this thread only to talk shite? Keep ouavit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

20 pack of Meanies - 2e!

g9852Uil.jpg

GPsnja6l.jpg

dMibbtul.jpg

You can get Jonnie Onion Rings in any newsagent, they're not rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Someone posted on here a while back that they got "Hick" on DVD, and a book on The Hacienda in Dealz. Anyone spotted these? I'd actually like both but to date haven't been able to find either. If any fellow boardsie spots either could they pick me up one and I'll happily reimburse and a little extra? Ta!

220px-Hick_film_poster.jpg

Not 100% positive this is the book that was referred to but hoping it is:
    the_hacienda_how_not_to_run_a_club_450.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭_Chaos

Anyone know what happened to the 1.50 store in the ilac that was joined to Iceland?
    Are they just remodeling? It's always so busy when I've been in there, it's hard to believe it's the doing of the recession?

Advertisement