Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leo #8 most powerful politician in Europe (& he's a 'doer')

Options
  • 05-12-2019 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭

https://www.thejournal.ie/leo-varadkar-phil-hogan-politico-list-2020-4920102-Dec2019/

Leo the Lion is #8 on the most powerful politicians in Europe list by Politico USA.

"The annual list is split into three categories – doers, disrupters and dreamers. Both Varadkar and Hogan are doers, according to Politico.

In the list for 2020, Varadkar is described as “The Mouse That Roared” and ranks in eighth place overall. "

According to this, Leo is a doer.

Is Leo a doer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

Doing what for who? Him and his government have nothing but take over the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Well they obviously know f*** all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Looks like Leo was late to the party.

Sinn F leader Mary Lou McDonald was the only Irish person to make the list last year while Minister for Health Simon Harris ranked the year before. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I find it hilarious - the thing that's put him at EIGHTH most POWERFUL politician in Europe is something he had zero control over nor the wit to do so if he actually had any control.
    If anything, the Irish Civil service behind all governments should be at #8 as Leo was merely the mouthpiece for them in sticking to the redlines concerning the border.

And 'doer' must have a different meaning in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    https://www.thejournal.ie/leo-varadkar-phil-hogan-politico-list-2020-4920102-Dec2019/

Leo the Lion is #8 on the most powerful politicians in Europe list by Politico USA.

"The annual list is split into three categories – doers, disrupters and dreamers. Both Varadkar and Hogan are doers, according to Politico.

In the list for 2020, Varadkar is described as “The Mouse That Roared” and ranks in eighth place overall. "

According to this, Leo is a doer.

Is Leo a doer?

Most powerful people, not just politicians.

It also has Greta at No.20, so I wouldn’t pay much attention to that list at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Looks like Leo was late to the party.

I read that bit too but couldn't bring myself to copy/paste Simon Harris's name into a top anything list.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I always figured Leo was a taker rather than a giver.

Varad the impaled rather than impaler?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

If you read the article it's mostly because of his stance on Brexit. I'm not a fan of Leo, but in fairness the Irish government stood firm on their position, and got a lot of backing from Donald Tusk etc. Far from the League of Nations days we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Fancy seeing you lads here Matt and Johnny ;) April the first is months away!!!

Assuming it’s not a spoof, that narcissistic, sociopath, lying fraud ! Oh he’s a doer alright , in the ****e talk , all talk no substance. Saint Patrick didn’t rid us of all the snakes !

Advertisement