Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-05-2019, 17:25   #1
The Lost Sheep

All Ireland League 2019-2020 Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Next seasons divisions
1A
Cork Con, Clontarf, Lansdowne, Trinity, Garryowen, UCD, Young Munster, Terenure, UCC, Ballynahinch
1B
Shannon, Old Wesley, Naas, Malone, Banbridge, St Marys, Old Belvedere, Armagh, Highfield, Navan
2A
Buccaneers, Ballymena, Cashel, Queens, UL Bohemians, Old Crescent, Dolphin, Nenagh, MU Barnhall, Rainey Old Boys
2B
Blackrock, Galwegians, Greystones, Sligo, Dungannon, Corinthians, Wanderers, Belfast Harlequins, Ballina, Malahide
2C
Skerries, Sundays Well, Midleton, Bruff, Omagh, City of Derry, Tullamore, Bangor, Enniscorthy, Clonmel

No fixtures for AIL until July and provincial leagues/cups will be sooner.
Plenty of coaching changes expected.
Advertisement
20-05-2019, 17:37   #2
troyzer

Send a message via MSN to troyzer
Hoping Trinity kick on next year, though they did exceed expectations. So they'd be doing well to get to another semi.
20-05-2019, 17:43   #3
The Lost Sheep

For me hopefully we can lose another Dublin side from the top flight and another Ulster/Munster side ideally Ulster gets promoted in their place as a top flight with 4 Leinster(Dublin) 2 Ulster, 2 Limerick, 2 Cork would be a good spread.
Buccs going back to 1B would be good with one of the Connacht sides at least going up to 2A
Thanks from:
20-05-2019, 17:46   #4
troyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lost Sheep View Post
For me hopefully we can lose another Dublin side from the top flight and another Ulster/Munster side ideally Ulster gets promoted in their place as a top flight with 4 Leinster(Dublin) 2 Ulster, 2 Limerick, 2 Cork would be a good spread.
Buccs going back to 1B would be good with one of the Connacht sides at least going up to 2A
I mean, it would be good. But ultimately having the best teams in 1A is more important than it being representative of the whole island surely?
Thanks from:
20-05-2019, 17:54   #5
The Lost Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyzer View Post
I mean, it would be good. But ultimately having the best teams in 1A is more important than it being representative of the whole island surely?
And whatever happens it will be best sides of the island just saying that i hope its a dublin side or two that are relegated and Shannon/Highfield and/or Banbridge/Malone/Armagh replace them.

Other than that would love far more posters here including the very regular posters could attend a few more games. Not enough season ticket holders support the club game enough IMO
Advertisement
20-05-2019, 17:57   #6
troyzer

Quote:
Quote:
And whatever happens it will be best sides of the island just saying that i hope its a dublin side or two that are relegated and Shannon/Highfield and/or Banbridge/Malone/Armagh replace them.

Other than that would love far more posters here including the very regular posters could attend a few more games. Not enough season ticket holders support the club game enough IMO
Well I'm going to try harder to go to more games. Still, the problem ultimately lies with the IRFU.

It doesn't know what the AIL should be used for anymore or what purpose it serves.
Thanks from:
20-05-2019, 18:09   #7
Squidgy Black

I wonder would a double header for the Aviva games but the AIL game played on the back pitch work.

I'd say 95% of the 'casual' fans, who weren't involved with a club and get tickets for bigger games through work etc aren't really aware of the AIL as a whole, or the level it's played at.

Would be interesting to see the viewer figures for the AIL final as it's the only game broadcast of the season.
Thanks from:
20-05-2019, 18:18   #8
troyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgy Black View Post
I wonder would a double header for the Aviva games but the AIL game played on the back pitch work.

I'd say 95% of the 'casual' fans, who weren't involved with a club and get tickets for bigger games through work etc aren't really aware of the AIL as a whole, or the level it's played at.

Would be interesting to see the viewer figures for the AIL final as it's the only game broadcast of the season.
The obvious first step would be to get TV interest in a highlights package. You'd probably have to give it away for nothing to begin with but if there was a 1-2 hour show on a Sunday night I'd definitely watch it.
20-05-2019, 18:22   #9
The Lost Sheep

Quote:
Well I'm going to try harder to go to more games. Still, the problem ultimately lies with the IRFU.

It doesn't know what the AIL should be used for anymore or what purpose it serves.
IRFU in parts see it as a club game for the community and as part aid to the professional game as there isnt enough A games etc for provincial players to play all through a season.

Quote:

Double header for which Aviva games and what AIL games do you want on back pitch?
Yes plenty arent aware of clubs or at least arent aware of enough reasons to go to support clubs.
Advertisement
20-05-2019, 20:15   #10
Squidgy Black

Quote:
Double header for which Aviva games and what AIL games do you want on back pitch?
Yes plenty arent aware of clubs or at least arent aware of enough reasons to go to support clubs.
No idea, just throwing thoughts out there. Maybe Lansdowne vs one of the Munster teams kicking off two hours before an interpro or something along those lines.
20-05-2019, 20:24   #11
The Lost Sheep

Quote:
No idea, just throwing thoughts out there. Maybe Lansdowne vs one of the Munster teams kicking off two hours before an interpro or something along those lines.
That helps little bar Lansdowne the few sides they could play before hand and doesnt really help league doing more to get season ticket holders linked and actively involved/supporting clubs through their season tickets somehow would be better like each season ticket package giving people info on their nearest club and info on fixtures etc
20-05-2019, 21:45   #12
Lucas44

Quote:

90% of games are played at half 2 on a Saturday just make arrangements prior whether it be getting off work early or meeting a few of the lads for pints and the game, it’s easy enough to get to whatever your clubs home games be it 9 games a year or 5/6
21-05-2019, 07:51   #13
FellasFellas

Any word on Morgan Lennon's future? Jobs open in a few Dublin clubs in 1A. Might want to take the next step up the ladder, or may want to try bring Wesley up. Personally, I still think the gulf is too wide for anyone in 1B to come up to 1A at the minute, the standard is just so high.
21-05-2019, 08:17   #14
stellenbosch

Quote:
Hoping Trinity kick on next year, though they did exceed expectations. So they'd be doing well to get to another semi.
Me 2- hearing the only first teamer they are losing is NO8 O'Riordan who is off to London-success at the top end likely to depend on how much access they will have to Leinster academy players Kelly/Sylvestre/Turner/Clarkson/Dunne/Baird
21-05-2019, 09:58   #15
Stainalert

Sean Skehan apparently the new head coach in Terenure

Anyone know who is in the shake up for the UCD job?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion