Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: Thread Subtitle
The Ultanate Warrior 6 6.06%
Some Like It TOH 28 28.28%
Mul, it's over 8 8.08%
I can't believe it's not Butler 11 11.11%
You've got a Friend in me 14 14.14%
The Friend Zone 32 32.32%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

05-12-2019, 10:28   #5596
Zzippy

Mod: Rugby, ZTest
Was there any update on SOB since he went off against Leinster?
Advertisement
05-12-2019, 10:37   #5597
ClanofLams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzippy View Post
Was there any update on SOB since he went off against Leinster?
Out until February was the timeline given I think.
Thanks from:
05-12-2019, 13:53   #5598
Dubinusa

SOB has no luck. He's certainly in the T.O.D level with injuries. Same with Gallagher, they can't catch a break.
Thanks from:
05-12-2019, 14:44   #5599
connachta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkie1203 View Post
But they wont have a top seeding for granted if ar least 2 other teams are also 4 from 4 which is VERY conceivable.
I'm not talking about topping the group but top 2 seeding for a preferable knock out sequence. Jesus are you really this clueless?

You're kidding, right? You don't see the difference between interest in toping a group (and if not, risking elimination) and the interst of, maybe being top2 seed, which could very well happen for Toulouse WITHOUT beating Connacht?

There is no evidence to suggest Toulouse will be sending a weakened 23 to Galway. NOTHING

Leinster win R3 and 4 could reach 27/28
One of Munster/Racing/Sarries can still reach 25/26
Exeter could win 6 from 6
One of Ulster/Clermont Can still reach 24/25

You can propose your optimistic calculations for all the other pool opponents, it won't happen that way. Toulouse may well be Top2 with 24/25 points. And Toulouse won't go 100% full strenght in Galway IMO

Last edited by connachta; 05-12-2019 at 15:03.
05-12-2019, 14:53   #5600
Zzippy

Mod: Rugby, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkie1203 View Post

There is no evidence to suggest Toulouse will be sending a weakened 23 to Galway. NOTHING

Quote:
Originally Posted by connachta View Post

And Toulouse won't go 100% full strenght in Galway IMO

Lads, this is a circular argument and neither of you is winning, but you're clogging up the thread just repeating yourselves. Take it to PM please if you want to continue.
Advertisement
05-12-2019, 15:05   #5601
b.gud

In case anyone knows any leads to help out John Porch

https://twitter.com/JohnPorch_/statu...43244560044035

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Porch
@ConnachtClan
My partner is moving over at the end of December, she is looking for a job as a Pharmaceutical rep. I was wondering if you were able to get this out with-in the clan in the hope that someone has a contact within the pharmaceutical field that could potentially help🙌🏽
Thanks from:
05-12-2019, 19:13   #5602
BakeMeACake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClanofLams
According to Linley Mackenzie in Irish Times this morning, hoping for Marmion & TOH to be back for interpros, McKeon resumed training this week and will be available for selection from next week on.
I know these guys would like to be back for the interpros, and if they are fit and ready then that's great. I do wonder if Connacht are just too dependent on a player's word that they are ok. SOB is a prime example of rushing players back. At the end of the day it is only a game of rugby and the alternatives are not shabby players
05-12-2019, 19:57   #5603
b.gud

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakeMeACake View Post
I know these guys would like to be back for the interpros, and if they are fit and ready then that's great. I do wonder if Connacht are just too dependent on a player's word that they are ok. SOB is a prime example of rushing players back. At the end of the day it is only a game of rugby and the alternatives are not shabby players
That is absolutely not how it works and funnily enough the example you provided is the perfect example of why it doesn't work the way you suggested.

Sean O'Brien was part of the Off the Ball Connacht rugby special a few weeks ago and on it he talked about how he felt he was ready to get back to playing for a few weeks and the S&C and coaching team told him he'd have to wait a bit longer until he was fully fit
05-12-2019, 20:46   #5604
BakeMeACake

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.gud
Sean O'Brien was part of the Off the Ball Connacht rugby special a few weeks ago and on it he talked about how he felt he was ready to get back to playing for a few weeks and the S&C and coaching team told him he'd have to wait a bit longer until he was fully fit

And yet both were proven wrong b.gud. He took a pretty innocuous hit which has him back at square one. So it would seem both player and S&C were at fault. And simply that was the only point I was trying to make. I love my rugby, and I know it's these guys careers, but the way SOB folded indicates poor decision making and poor understanding of how a body repairs itself by the folks making these decisions. And I would hope such mistakes are not repeated too often because there is a young person's livelihood at stake.
Advertisement
05-12-2019, 20:50   #5605
BakeMeACake

Anyway moving on, anyone know what's the story with David Horowitz. He seems to have fallen off the end of the world?
05-12-2019, 21:20   #5606
connachta

Quote:
Anyway moving on, anyone know what's the story with David Horowitz. He seems to have fallen off the end of the world?

Wasn't rated for Brumbies, isn't rated at all for Connacht, not a single minute vs Montpellier, the only game he was on the teamsheet...
05-12-2019, 21:24   #5607
b.gud

Quote:
And yet both were proven wrong b.gud. He took a pretty innocuous hit which has him back at square one. So it would seem both player and S&C were at fault. And simply that was the only point I was trying to make. I love my rugby, and I know it's these guys careers, but the way SOB folded indicates poor decision making and poor understanding of how a body repairs itself by the folks making these decisions. And I would hope such mistakes are not repeated too often because there is a young person's livelihood at stake.
A very good point I look forward to your detailed report which is full of regular read outs for targets SOB was hitting or missing. I'm particularly looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them with your years of experience in the s&c world.

Another thing that I'm really looking forward to are the quotes from SOB explaining how he was able able to convince the management and s&c team that he was fine to play even though all data said that he wasn't
05-12-2019, 22:03   #5608
BakeMeACake

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.gud
A very good point I look forward to your detailed report which is full of regular read outs for targets SOB was hitting or missing. I'm particularly looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them with your years of experience in the s&c world.

I leave it with your indignatious self. I wasn't trying to step on feet.
05-12-2019, 22:20   #5609
Bazzo

Oh.. that's who it is.
06-12-2019, 09:02   #5610
Tommybojangles

Quote:
Was a totally wild punt in the first place I think. Turned out as expected, presume hell be gone at the end of the season
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion