Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 'trampoline wars' FG Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Is it just me or does anyone else have a plague of flies in their house if they leave the window or doors open? It’s driving me insane!

What’s the purpose of flies and bluebottles anyway?

They help break down organic matter :D

We have the same problem. Keep getting these weird fly's that move around like they've suffered a head trauma.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

I've resorted to this, because I can't deal with the bzzzzzzz noise.

My coke bottle traps outside are pretty minging this year too, full!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

We normally put a net up on the door but the dogs keep walking through and pulling it down, so now is a fly swat or doors and windows shut.

There's also an abundance of little black flies when I'm out walking - Like a cloud of them follows you around (I'm clean, I swear:o) The other day I got out of the car after travelling about ten miles and there was another little swarm of them to follow me...:pac: I'm not quite sure whether I brought them with me though :D

Clarabel wrote: »
    I've resorted to this, because I can't deal with the bzzzzzzz noise.

My coke bottle traps outside are pretty minging this year too, full!

As yukky as those things are, I might just go up and get one

I've never tried it but I've heard a mixture of vanilla extract and water is a good home made fly repellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

I live right beside a river, the midges are out in force :(

As yukky as those things are, I might just go up and get one

They are yucky. But flies are yuckier.

Vanilla extra you say. I shall try this and report back

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

fixxxer wrote: »
    They help break down organic matter :D

We have the same problem. Keep getting these weird fly's that move around like they've suffered a head trauma.

Apple cider vinegar with a jar that has a funnel on top. They go in for the cider, and stay for the funnel.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Any home made remedies for getting midgies out of the back garden folks? My five year old is particularly tasty and is destroyed from head to foot in bites since yesterday.

I'm thinking I may have to burn down the house and garden, it's the only logical solution I've come to so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Necro wrote: »
    Any home made remedies for getting midgies out of the back garden folks? My five year old is particularly tasty and is destroyed from head to foot in bites since yesterday.

I'm thinking I may have to burn down the house and garden, it's the only logical solution I've come to so far.

Have you tried citronella candles?

I'm low on flies this year but I've had to remove 2 ticks in 3 days. I'd ALMOST take the ticks over the flies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Choc Chip wrote: »

I'm low on flies this year but I've had to remove 2 ticks in 3 days. I'd ALMOST take the ticks over the flies.

To burn down the house? :D Good suggestion, will look like an accident then :pac:

Cintronella is great for wasps and mossies. Not sure about midges but worth a shot!

Ticks? In Ireland?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Ticks? In Ireland?

They're the Dubs who didn't do well in school. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

quickbeam wrote: »
    They're the Dubs who didn't do well in school. :)
    MOD

BANNED.

:pac:

Ticks? In Ireland?

Yeah - I'm used to them because there's loads of them where I'm originally from, but haven't seen a single one here in 4 years. Then 2 in 3 days. Ick.

That reminds me. I must start taking antihistamine before those horrible horsefly find me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Yeah - I'm used to them because there's loads of them where I'm originally from, but haven't seen a single one here in 4 years. Then 2 in 3 days. Ick.

Ticks?...in the cookie factory?

Love the new name haha

To confuse matters. Heres Floyd mocking me after I had to clean up his diarrhea

485365.jpeg

• Advertisement

Not in Dublin surely.

Not in Dublin surely.

I'm not originally from dublin, nor living there right now (I feel like I'm setting some sort of riddle).

I'm not originally from dublin, nor living there right now (I feel like I'm setting some sort of riddle).

Memphis.

Did I win?

That's okay, I'm okay with spiders , I like them in fact but I am not okay with other crawlies and especially not ticks.

I thought I was going to have to leave Dublin forever. There was real panic

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Clarabel wrote:
    That's okay, I'm okay with spiders , I like them in fact but I am not okay with other crawlies and especially not ticks.

You can find them in long grass, head to Phoenix Park, bound to be there.

I thought I was going to have to leave Dublin forever. There was real panic

giphy.gif

Since I've started hanging round forum games recently (and im really enjoying myself here!) , I keep seeing SHEEP threads and I get all excited only to realise it's a thread about actual sheep on the farming or sheep forum. Oh the disappointment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Since I've started hanging round forum games recently (and im really enjoying myself here!) , I keep seeing SHEEP threads and I get all excited only to realise it's a thread about actual sheep on the farming or sheep forum. Oh the disappointment

Create a SHEEP about sheep, problem solved.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Create a SHEEP about sheep, problem solved.

I reckon i'd do better with that than the harry potter one. :(

• Advertisement

\o/

New Rick and Morty is coming out this November.

\o/

Advertisement