Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tiger Muay Thai & MMA Training Camp - Phuket, Thailand

• 28-03-2010 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

I was thinkin about maybe booking myself in for a couple of months.

has anyone here been to it and would you recommend it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 irishdownhiller

if your from newry speak to damo rooney, hes been out a lot, from reports ive heard its well worth it..and excellant value for money!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

i trained there, very impressive set-up, lots of space, lots of levels, friendly place, would reccomend it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 con-chance

Tiger ruuuuules!!!
    so dam cheap,
    Ray is great at teaching MMA
    amazing facilities
    you've prob seen this, but if not
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG3A-lATct8&feature=youtube_gdata

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

The euro to thai [forgot what the currency is called atm] exchange is well in your favor. Even if you aren't well off here you can live really well over there for a couple of months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

[QUOTE=JohnMc1;65143411[forgot what the currency is called atm] [/QUOTE]

Baht

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Limousine Fred

Hey dude did you end up going to TMT or somewhere else? I'm planning on going in the summer for 3 months maybe to Dragon MT or Suwit as their a bit cheaper than Tiger and less crowded supposedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Dragon down the road might be a better bet if you just want to train thai, smaller place with less of a crowd. I didn't train there but I know a few lads who changed to there after a month at Tiger.

Tiger is a big commercial place. How good the thai training is kinda depends on the trainers you are with. It's a place with a high turnover so often times the trainers are just going through the mtions, which is somewhat understandable to be fair. Still though, you'll get out what you put in if you take the time to get to know them a bit and train consistently.

The MMA training is pretty good, morning is BJJ, Ray is a BB and really knows his stuff. Evening MMA class is mainly pads and sparring with some techniques. Not always hugely technical but good tough training all the same. I was there for a month and really enjoyed it. I was out there the same time as Damo so we got plenty of good rounds in. :cool:

There's plenty of places to stay around there and there's loads of people about all the time, plus there's a lot of stuff within easy reach if you hire a scooter, which is cheap to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Limousine Fred

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    Dragon down the road might be a better bet if you just want to train thai, smaller place with less of a crowd. I didn't train there but I know a few lads who changed to there after a month at Tiger.

Tiger is a big commercial place. How good the thai training is kinda depends on the trainers you are with. It's a place with a high turnover so often times the trainers are just going through the mtions, which is somewhat understandable to be fair. Still though, you'll get out what you put in if you take the time to get to know them a bit and train consistently.

The MMA training is pretty good, morning is BJJ, Ray is a BB and really knows his stuff. Evening MMA class is mainly pads and sparring with some techniques. Not always hugely technical but good tough training all the same. I was there for a month and really enjoyed it. I was out there the same time as Damo so we got plenty of good rounds in. :cool:

There's plenty of places to stay around there and there's loads of people about all the time, plus there's a lot of stuff within easy reach if you hire a scooter, which is cheap to do.
    Cheers Tim that's a big help. Have read a good few reviews on Dragon now and most of them are positive but it'll be a while before I make a decision got lots of time anyway

Advertisement