Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dynamite!! 2010 **Spoilers**

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Woke up slightly too late and missed Aoki.

At least made it in time for the reem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

C'mon the Reem

For a split second i really thought he was about to pull a Mayhem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

That lasted long :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Overeem must've broken a rib with that knee! :eek:

Never mind.. Was the left hook..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Wow. Won, and won well, can't ask for anything more!

Another belt that won't be defended.

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Another belt that won't be defended.

It will, at Dynamite!! 2012 :-p

Jesus, his gf is hawt...

Now... Come on JLB!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

What is it about top level judo fighters having such poor offensive submission skills?:confused:

• Advertisement

What is it about top level judo fighters having such poor offensive submission skills?:confused:

Frank Trigg told me 7 times today that top level judo guys have no back attacks :rolleyes:

ScareGilly wrote: »
    Frank Trigg told me 7 times today that top level judo guys have no back attacks :rolleyes:

Well Trigg would know all about back attacks....... I'm sure he hasn't heard that one before:D

That ear's gone.

Saku has no ear? :(

Probably the least amount of damage Saku has taken in his last few fights :p

Well Trigg would know all about back attacks....... I'm sure he hasn't heard that one before:D

He keeps saying fighters should retire.. Why doesn't he take his own advice..

Frank Trigg making a few jokes. Stoppage due to ear coming away from the head apparently.

What's the 13th fight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Bibiano Fernandes vs Hiroyuki Takaya for the featherweight belt.

Good draw there. Very fast 3rd round. I'm fast warming to a lot of K1 fights lately i feel it makes the UFC more watchable when there is a grappling match as i know I'll get my striking fix in some good K1 matches.

• Advertisement

This is 5 rounds right?

*edit ..guess not

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MisterCadbury

mod edit - illegal streams

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Some fun fights. Overeem went as expected, but I'd really like to see him against some better opposition next year. It's hard to tell exactly where he stands

Aoki obviously had no confidence in his stand up in this fight. Still, it was very entertaining :pac:

I just feel sad whenever I see Sakuraba fight these days. I consider him to be the greatest MMA fighter ever at his peak, but he has that Japanese mentality of just never quitting, and DREAM are more than happy to keep putting him on their shows. There isn't a chance that any US commission would allow him to fight today. His knees, neck and back are clearly in bits and now he's nearly lost his ear. I hope for his own sake that this prevents him from fighting again. It's the only way that he'll be saved from anymore punishment

Mousasi was impressive, but Kyotaro clearly wasn't up to the task after the recent K1 grand prix

Kawajiri was just great. I'm a big fan of both these guys and I'm sure Kawajiri will do just fine if he does fight for Strikeforce

It was a bit of a bad showing by Fernandes storming off after the decision was read. He lost the fight, it wasn't some crazy decision

Happy new year!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭weemcd

Have to say that Aoki fight is the worst mma fight I've ever seen, glad to see him KTFO

weemcd wrote: »
    Have to say that Aoki fight is the worst mma fight I've ever seen, glad to see him KTFO

I thought it was an alright mma fight, you don't see enough flying knee takedown defence........... but now it was without a doubt the worst k1 fight I've ever seen:D But seriously that was my knockout of the night, I don't think I've ever seen a more deserved knockout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

WAR Sergei!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

I thought it was an alright mma fight, you don't see enough flying knee takedown defence...........

Heres Irelands own Kevin Carney doing it 6 months ago in Newcastle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvj3BAekAZU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Aoki showed himself up for the bad sport he is here especially after last year , glad he got ktfo!!!!!!! :D

No way this fight should have taken place under a 2 rule set, just makes japaneese mma / dream look worse imo :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Good draw there. Very fast 3rd round. I'm fast warming to a lot of K1 fights lately i feel it makes the UFC more watchable when there is a grappling match as i know I'll get my striking fix in some good K1 matches.

Amen to that my only problem is there isn't enough K1 event's to be had, I'm lucky to be able to track down the HW and Max GP's and related events, but the rest isi very difficult to get hold of.

• Advertisement
Advertisement