Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Dublin Bus Route to feed Luas @ Broombridge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,240 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Remain skeptical about this bus route, more of a political route than one that has any great demand. Is it going to be worth people's while doing a bus/luas into town when there is a direct bus which will probably be more frequent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Remain skeptical about this bus route, more of a political route than one that has any great demand. Is it going to be worth people's while doing a bus/luas into town when there is a direct bus which will probably be more frequent.

I suppose the argument for it is that it would provide a link between Finglas and the Southside to the likes of Ranelagh, Dundrum and Sandyford without people having to take a bus into the city centre and also to the Maynooth line. I don't think the demand is that huge for this considering the 140 also provides a link between Finglas and Broadstone Luas Stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I think it's more for people looking to access Ballycoolin then to go the other way.

It'll be a slow burner but I think it'll get busy if it provides a decent luas/elsewhere - workplace connection for people.

The new stop on Ballyboggan/ratoath road for instance gives anyone living in Ashtown/RCP a decent link to Ballycoolin for the first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

If the direct bus gets snarled up in traffic then clearly no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭cgcsb

One year from now we'll be getting ready to completely abandon the current network in it's entirety and Broombridge will become a sort of bus hub anyway. Why implement a new bus service that'll last 12 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭cgcsb

cgcsb wrote: »
    One year from now we'll be getting ready to completely abandon the current network in it's entirety and Broombridge will become a sort of bus hub anyway. Why implement a new bus service that'll last 12 months?

It'll two to three years at least I'd say before bus connects route plans are implemented it will definitely be more than a year.

I suspect if the service is going to be introduced on schedule on the 7th October like the NTA have been saying that the timetables will be published this weekend in order to give the public two weeks notice of the new service. I would also hope any new bus stops are taken the same the same as the new TFI stops that are up now along the 175 route rather than DB stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

I highly doubt this route will ever get the green light.

• Advertisement

Stevek101 wrote: »
    I highly doubt this route will ever get the green light.

A very similar route is included in bus connects so I’m hopeful.
    Not so hopeful that it’ll start in two weeks with so little info forthcoming though.

Yay! I’m on a bus.

Yay! I’m stuck in traffic. What a nice bus, and such pretty patterns the condensation makes as it runs down the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

20180926_083143.jpg

This morning at Broombridge.

20180926_083143.jpg

What a marked improvement over what was there before.

20180926_083143.jpg

What a marked improvement over what was there before.

Regressive step imo.

Regressive step imo.

Why so?

Luas packed in the morning already, traffic backed up and terrible on the proposed bus route, stupid idea.

I'd anticipate as much traffic going the other way, ie out to ballycoolin, on this route as heading to connect into town.

Regressive step imo.

Oh Jaysus a BANANA (Build absolutely nothing anywhere near anything)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

News must be due to break soon on Timetable, Route, etc.

Luas packed in the morning already, traffic backed up and terrible on the proposed bus route, stupid idea.

I don't know how many will use this service for a full time commute though. Most people will continue to use direct buses into the city centre for commuting it could however get good loads off peak with people from Finglas wishing to travel to the southside. Also could be a handy link for students going NUI as they could connect with the Maynooth train in Broombridge.

I don't think the route really justifies double deckers mind you it would probably be better off if it was operated by Go-Ahead using their single deckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭madnessnmayhem

Any idea when 40e going to operate?

The luas is jam packed by the second stop after Broombridge , ridiculous idea to bus more to Broombridge, only when frequency is doubled should it be considered.

The buses move away from Broombridge too. This will be a useful service for peole working in Ballycoolin.

Wish they'd get their act together already!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

The luas is jam packed by the second stop after Broombridge , ridiculous idea to bus more to Broombridge, only when frequency is doubled should it be considered.

As someone who regularly gets on the Luas at Cabra during peak hours, you're talking nonsense. There's always a good bit of room until Marlborough, at which point lots of people have gotten off at Dominick anyway.

MJohnston wrote: »

As someone who regularly gets on the Luas at Cabra during peak hours, you're talking nonsense. There's always a good bit of room until Marlborough, at which point lots of people have gotten off at Dominick anyway.

I get it between 7.50 and 8.30 or so every morning and its jammed, you're talking nonsense.

I get it between 7.50 and 8.30 or so every morning and its jammed, you're talking nonsense.

That's about the same time I get it (usually more on the 8.30 side), and it's never more than 3/4 full by the time it reaches Dominick. Plenty of room for a bus load of passengers. If you want to see what 'jammed' really looks like, try getting on at Harcourt at 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭madnessnmayhem

Spoken with a bus driver, he informed me that 40e will commence sometime in Novmeber as the 17a is going to GA so that will free up some drivers to drive new 40e

• Advertisement

Can someone tell me is there an actual logic to the numbering of DB routes? Like what does the 40E have to do with the 40 or 40B? 40D at least starts from the same location, but the other two have no real connection, other than they vaguely go into completely different parts of Finglas.

Advertisement