Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's the etiquette here??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

That's a great way for the Shelbourne to make sure that the wealthiest of the up and coming generation who generally do look like a crusty won't become their customer.

And how many of these under 35 tech billionaires would you say are only using upmarket hotels in Dublin for the toilet on any given day?

I think the doorman doing his job and keeping out scruffs is no bad thing and I’m sure a manager would be forgiving if he did stop some grotty looking “tech guru”.

The tide is turning…

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 262 ✭✭TomasMacR

WTF ?
    Why does she have to be pregnant ?

:confused:

The rotund belly gives a spherical platform enabling the spin?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

TomasMacR wrote: »

Jaysus!

OR I saw this
    sky diver
    When a male or female hangs from a ceiling fan and then poops causing the feces to explode all over their partner.
    When Nathaniel finished having sex with Patsy, he grabbed the ceiling fan and performed a sky diver. Patsy was soon covered with his fecal matter within seconds

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Skydivers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

And how many of these under 35 tech billionaires would you say are only using upmarket hotels in Dublin for the toilet on any given day?

I think the doorman doing his job and keeping out scruffs is no bad thing and I’m sure a manager would be forgiving if he did stop some grotty looking “tech guru”.

The Horseshoe Bar would look like the backstage area of a Queens of the Stone Age gig within a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,346 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

How do you know if they want to use the loo, or they're coming up as keynote speaker for the 200-person conference when they're approaching the entrance?

The manager might forgive him, but the person refused won't. It would be a foolish business that didn't recognise that dress codes are changing dramatically.

• Advertisement

How do you know if they want to use the loo, or they're coming up as keynote speaker for the 200-person conference when they're approaching the entrance?

The manager might forgive him, but the person refused won't. It would be a foolish business that didn't recognise that dress codes are changing dramatically.

I’m sure the staff would be informed if there was such a person coming to speak. They’d probably told to question, in a polite manner, anyone who looks like a beggar.

Some places still have standards, regardless of wealth.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 19,047 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Not sure what that particularly activity is called, Emmet. Figging however is when a large piece of ginger is inserted into the anus to bring about a burning sensation, and therefore sexual gratification. Must be a different sort of burning sensation than one would experience after visiting the crapper after 5 days eating nothing only microwave cheese burgers and drinking nothing only strong Polish lager.

Strange people out there.

Nothing wrong with Argus 8.5 John.... or Karpackie 9.0 either.

All you have to do is like the fix for the B737-Max.. sort out the AOA issues and make sure when in ‘discharge mode’ one adjusts the FMC to account for the expected ‘soil footprint’ and the probable surge in EGT after ingesting such volatile fuel.

In layman’s language, adjust the angle of your hole to account for a serious flow of scutther which if uncontained could seriously damage the discharge nozzle and contaminate the surrounds unless jet blast fences are installed.

Safety is paramount John,hanging your hole out there and discharging without any containment is not a good move.

Uncontained engine issues are always bad news.

I’m sure the staff would be informed if there was such a person coming to speak. They’d probably told to question, in a polite manner, anyone who looks like a beggar.

Some places still have standards, regardless of wealth.

You think that the doormen get the names and photos of the 5-10 speakers at each conference each day? I've run those conferences and spoken at them, and I can assure you that they don't. And what about the people coming to meetings? Or to lunch?

It would be a foolish hotel doorman that would question somebody because they have a beard and a pair of Cons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Good advice indeed, though it should have included the warning that it takes about ten minutes to get up to the fourth floor from the front doors. You need to build this lead time into your plan, to avoid nasty incidents on the escalators.

An unavoidable problem with all establishments of a certain JD Wetherspoon across the UK.
    Although due to many of them being converted banks, you can rely on the facilities being of solid quality construction.
    Combined with the cheap and varied menu of beers and a functional bar food menu, it's a solid 8/10 from me.

I've deducted two points for the generally lower class clientele.

TomasMacR wrote: »

An 'outie' bellybutton is a definite advantage.

It's like the difference between playing with a set of cavity backed and bladed irons to the scratch golfer.

• Advertisement

You think that the doormen get the names and photos of the 5-10 speakers at each conference each day? I've run those conferences and spoken at them, and I can assure you that they don't. And what about the people coming to meetings? Or to lunch?

It would be a foolish hotel doorman that would question somebody because they have a beard and a pair of Cons.

I think we’ve gone off the point enough. You might be fine with scruffy looking oddballs frequenting your establishments but I will always prefer to go to ones that have a higher standard expected of their clientele.

The tide is turning…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

I think we’ve gone off the point enough. You might be fine with scruffy looking oddballs frequenting your establishments but I will always prefer to go to ones that have a higher standard expected of their clientele.
    For taking a **** in?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

A hidden gem unbeknownst to most is adjoining The Merrion.

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.3388866,-6.2528138,3a,25.2y,129.02h,83.1t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1si-gvOR4LPa-mLAXVnAWvMQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Behind this little innocuous gate are some of the cities finest sh1tters. Plenty of times i've stumbled down these steps in a slight panic, with the reassurance of The Cellars luxurious facilities within arms length. Fantastic bog roll, soaps and towels. 10/10.

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    For taking a **** in?

Apologies, W. As I’d said, we’d gotten off the point altogether. My original point was ducking into a nice hotel for the use of their facilities and that they won’t question you if you are dressed well with a nice haircut and clean shaven.

We then started talking about hypothetical multimillionaires dressing like a crusty student getting refused entry. Ridiculous stuff really.

The tide is turning…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Such an establishment would only be for an emergency comfort break.
    Not a planned '2.15 business absence' deposition.

So would you turn away scruffy looking oddball billionaires like these lads?

20140604-STRIPE-130edit.jpg

The “solicitor” will bring in a big carrier bag, like the reusable ones you’d get from a supermarket. He’ll open it out on the floor and the other lad will stand into it so that if anyone looks under the door they only see one pair of feet while they engage in a number of sex acts.

Well, everyday is a learning day.

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.3388866,-6.2528138,3a,25.2y,129.02h,83.1t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1si-gvOR4LPa-mLAXVnAWvMQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Behind this little innocuous gate are some of the cities finest sh1tters. Plenty of times i've stumbled down these steps in a slight panic, with the reassurance of The Cellars luxurious facilities within arms length. Fantastic bog roll, soaps and towels. 10/10.

Good call Melon, good deep throated solid thrones to sit on.

I always prefer to go bareback myself, seat up when taking a dump off piste, don’t like my lid languishing on a seat that may have harbored some greasy kernts supporating knob.

Just a thing I have....:cool:

So would you turn away scruffy looking oddball billionaires like these lads?

20140604-STRIPE-130edit.jpg

While they are clean shaven those look suspiciously like they could be bootcut jeans. I’d have no issue with a doorman asking them what business they have in the hotel. None whatsoever.

I do, however, feel like I’ve gotten into something I’d rather not with someone who may be a bit of a “tech guru” himself. The type that stays up for long stretches at the computer, can’t read social cues and refuses to make eye contact with you.

Let’s just leave it that you’d like these places to allow anyone in, no matter how they are dressed and I feel that that’s not good for business.

The tide is turning…

I believe Willie O’Dea is often seeing skulking across the road from the Dail to fire out a thick load of arse stew in the luxuriously appointed facilities of the Merrion Hotel. Never afraid to take a call from an irate Limerick constituent while making toilet either.

• Advertisement

I always prefer to go bareback myself, seat up

Is seat a euphemism for your arsehole?

Good call Melon, good deep throated solid thrones to sit on.

I always prefer to go bareback myself, seat up when taking a dump off piste, don’t like my lid languishing on a seat that may have harbored some greasy kernts supporating knob.

Just a thing I have....:cool:

Jeez BB, couldnt leave the Hassenforder jewels dangling too far below the rim, too exposed to splash back or worse, contacting the unaseptic porcelain where some chap just emptied his Abbey 2250R.

No way. Its a hover for rapid HALO drops, or wood for longer performances.

Is seat a euphemism for your arsehole?

No John, the lavvie seat.

Usually a sediment of helmet cheese on the front of it.

Don’t want my lid resting on that crust, John.

Prefer to let her loll in the Stygian depths of a cavernous bowl, to be honest.

I believe Willie O’Dea is often seeing skulking across the road from the Dail to fire out a thick load of arse stew in the luxuriously appointed facilities of the Merrion Hotel. Never afraid to take a call from an irate Limerick constituent while making toilet either.

Rumour has it he drafted his infamous spurious affidavit there having indulged in the carvery at the nearby Buswells Hotel.

Never sh1ts where he eats that lad.

No John, the lavvie seat.

Usually a sediment of helmet cheese on the front of it.

Don’t want my lid resting on that crust, John.

Prefer to let her loll in the Stygian depths of a cavernous bowl, to be honest.

No need for "working man's pub" insecurities to be transferred Bren, these places are referred to as 5 star for a reason.
    Hygiene is quite rightly taken very seriously.

Oh and while there, don't bother getting into an argument with the barman about there being too much of a head on your pint, he's most likely a trained professional with years of experience in the bar trade.

You're not.

It's not The Towers in Ballymun you're in now horse!

Bit of free advice for you there

padd b1975 wrote: »
    No need for "working man's pub" insecurities to be transferred Bren, these places are referred to as 5 star for a reason.
    Hygiene is quite rightly taken very seriously.

Oh and while there, don't bother getting into an argument with the barman about there being too much of a head on your pint, he's most likely a trained professional with years of experience in the bar trade.

You're not.

It's not The Towers in Ballymun you're in now horse!

Bit of free advice for you there

Trained professional in picking his hoop most likely.

You see, buddy, even when under pressure and disaster imminent, the Brenner can spot a cretin a mile off.

Make a note of that, compadre.

Trained professional in picking his hoop most likely.

You see, buddy, even when under pressure and disaster imminent, the Brenner can spot a cretin a mile off.

Make a note of that, compadre.

A bowl of Kellogg's All Bran every morning really would work wonders for you, both physically and emotionally.

Slice a banana or two on top for texture.

A bowl of Kellogg's All Bran every morning really would work wonders for you, both physically and emotionally.

Strikes me as a very bound up individual most of the time. Then uses industrial grade lager to ‘grease the valves’.

On top of the shıt?
    Whatever you're into man, who am i to judge

• Advertisement

While they are clean shaven those look suspiciously like they could be bootcut jeans. I’d have no issue with a doorman asking them what business they have in the hotel. None whatsoever.

I do, however, feel like I’ve gotten into something I’d rather not with someone who may be a bit of a “tech guru” himself. The type that stays up for long stretches at the computer, can’t read social cues and refuses to make eye contact with you.

Let’s just leave it that you’d like these places to allow anyone in, no matter how they are dressed and I feel that that’s not good for business.

As I explained above, it's not really a question of whether YOU have an issue with the doorman approaching them, or whether the manager has an issue with the doorman approaching them. The question is whether the person themselves has an issue with the doorman approaching them, and the most likely answer is 'Yes, they will have an issue with being singled out'.

Any business that doesn't realise that it's not 1978 where good people wear suits and bad people wear jeans and chooses to single out any of these is not really for its own successful future.

?width=630&version=2420674
    DaithiDenoglaYouTuber_large.jpg?width=648&s=ie-865384
    https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Falisoncoleman%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F03%2FWyldsson-CEO-Dave-McGeady-1200x797.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRLBWVpryVtp2y97Y0qN0rSMsmnDGsKVKbIQTynOb9qeXoTkbL
    maxresdefault.jpg

Advertisement