Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

garda reserve

• 03-11-2017 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Is anyone still waiting for there sergeant interview from may interviews

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jamie83

kinglong wrote: »
    Is anyone still waiting for there sergeant interview from may interviews

I had mine last week

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kinglong

I was starting to get a bit worried it takes a long time for vetting

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭SO7378

I was starting to get a bit worried it takes a long time for vetting

Same man

• Registered Users Posts: 11 issagenius88

Did my interview and passed in May .. but still waiting still nothing from them

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Eire_1600

Is it possible to apply for the Garda Reserve if you are still 17 but would be 18 at time of been recruited. I will be 18 in December 2018 and am worried the next GR recruitment campaign will be before this and I'll have to wait an extra year, what things could I do now to prepare for interviews, assessments etc. and what tests will be carried out?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Anyone else still waiting since May for sergeant interview for reserves whole thing seems to work in strange way.

Anyone else still waiting since May for sergeant interview for reserves whole thing seems to work in strange way.

Yes sir... Welcome to the slowest recruitment campaign on earth

People who done their interview in August are getting medicals in {Feb} can't understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

SO7378 wrote: »
    Yes sir... Welcome to the slowest recruitment campaign on earth

Very,very true.They really need to look at the whole process.I've been waiting since 2012.Made it to training in 2015.Both Training dates got cancelled,and then those of us on here who made it to training,were made to apply again and go through the whole process again.That to me is an extremely unfair system.So,anyone moving forward towards training,keep in the back of your mind,until your going in Templemore gates,then you can't really say your in,because they can move the goal posts at anytime,as we've experienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

I'm still waiting from May too. They had my file in local station before Christmas but couldn't contact me so it was returned to HRM. They sent it out again to local station but I haven't heard anything since. Have rang but Sgt wasn't there. Hate not knowing what's going on!

• Advertisement

Glad I am not the only one in this situation I am a frontline emergency services worker already the skills I have are second to none the process is just crazy

Glad I am not the only one in this situation I am a frontline emergency services worker already the skills I have are second to none the process is just crazy

Same here for the past 10 years in SAR.Means diddly squat.If we ran this process for Volunteers,we'd have nobody.

Where are you with the process

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

Front line EMS myself.....

Did you get your date for medical gem112

I did 1st of feb

I rang HRM they said my BR form was sent to my local station in July they said it depends on how busy they are I am in Dublin are you Dublin gem112 I have a friend who is waiting also for interview in local station he is frontline worker also and lives in Louth shame if we miss the next class.

Where are you with the process

Currently waiting on vetting again.Everything else done.I've been in this washing machine process since 2007.Knocked out in vetting twice.No idea why.Made it to Training in 2015.Dates cancelled and made re-apply.I must be the most vetted person in Ireland at this stage.

Nightmare...... at least your determined

gem112 wrote: »
    Nightmare...... at least your determined

Lol........It's not feckin getting me anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Ahan83

I have interview with local super tomorrow. Any advice....

Ahan83 wrote: »
    I have interview with local super tomorrow. Any advice....

Ya tell them hurry the F### up

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Adzy911

Anyone meet their local super? How did it go and when was it? and also have you been given your date for medical?

Anyone waiting on reserve medical

Advertisement