Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do you believe in Guardian Angels?

• 11-03-2012 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

I had a near death experience on Friday evening. I was in what should have been a serious crash pile up, but am instead sitting here without injury to myself or a scratch on my car. As I had to turn immediately at speed to avoid a collision, my car spun onto the other side of the road, did two full circles before landing up on a bank. This is a main road into Galway and it was just after 6.30pm, when things are busy. Somehow, there were no cars coming so I did not get hit. Also, I remember my hands frantically turning the wheel one way and the other as the car was skidding accross the road, I have no idea what was happening, it was as if someone else had taken over for me.

Has anything like this happened to anyone else here? Do you believe that it is possible for someone to be 'watching over us' and take over to help us?

I know this seems a bit 'out there'. I am just really unsettled by the whole thing and cannot think of another explanation.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

No, I don't. It's nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭PammyD

I do believe in Guardian Angels.. Some people call it coincidence but i definately think there is someone who looks out for us all..
    For instance my brother was driving a lorry one day when not far after setting out he got the most over whelming feeling to check the tyres, when he did one of them had only 2 nuts instead of the required 4 or 5, the wheel could of fallen off as he drove along had someone or something not told him to check.. I put this down to his Guradian Angel not just meer chance..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

Hi

What you did was an sub-conscious act (whether personally or divine inifluence I dont know)... I had someone crash into me and within 2 seconds I had a choice to make.. I hadnt got time.. it was made for me.. I stopped, beeped horn and waited.. all within 2-5 seconds.. I instinctively knew that I wouldnt have time to reverse.. I learned that after but at the time.. it just seemed to happen. I was told by a tarot card reader i would be spending money on my car.. I instinctively knew she was right.. and she was right.. so to me that crash was meant to happen.

What I learned from it.. (nothing to do with the crash).. was to 1. trust your instincts 2. there is more to me than my sub-conscious mind 3. things happen and each lesson brings about a blessing.. I've had plenty of more lessons all about the same thing lately.. this was just another thing that happened.

What happened to you happened to my friend a while back and she said it was like someone or something was in the driving seat whilst she was going through the motions.. onlooker agreed that it all seemed surreal..

Spirit access our minds through the sub-conscious mind - therefore they can interfer and change our direction if it is not in our divine plan to go there and then or if their intervention (divine intervention) is needed for whatever reason.. e.g. learning lessons.. to bring you closer to god or to change your level of consciousness.. it is through major things that we look for answers and ultimately QUESTION is there more out there?

I dont think your mad.. I think your normal..

Do we have a guardian angel?.. heck we do!! Try and do a meet your guardian angel meditation and you will sure find them.. they are our protector. Their purpose in life is to accompany and guide you..

Be grateful knowing your too precious to go yet.. you are here for a reason my friend.. heres hoping you find your divine purpose in life!! :o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Seriously? You can't think of another explanation other than angels? There's nothing supernatural about what happened, you flinched/reacted under extreme stress (much the same way as we leap back at hyper speed if fat spits out in a pan, the human body reacts incredibly fast) I've been in a car crash and did almost exactly the same as you. It's not down to the divine, it's down to reflexes. You were lucky you were not hurt, but that's all it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

The same guardian angels who let 22 kids and 6 adults perish in a bus crash. Lunch break? Union orders to work to rule?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭wayoutwest

annascott - After expereancing such a near miss,I would be thanking the 'heavens',god or my 'lucky stars' as well. However, I would now be looking at the reasons why you expereanced such a near miss and correct your driving so it does'nt happen again. The reason that YOU put yourself in danger was that you probably did'nt not leave enough space between you and the car in front and/or were distracted. If you were,say,doing 60 mph then you will travel 60 feet as you react and a further 180 feet before your brakes bring you to a halt -that is 240 feet/73 metres in total.If your tyres/brakes are half worn,the road was downhill,weather bad etc you can increase that distance.The length of a football pitch is 120 Mtrs, so you can visualise what size of gap is required between you and the car in front.If you are not familiar with the scale of a full size playing field,than I suggest you use a tape measure,and mark it out on the ground so you can see for yourself.
    I'm glad you're unscathed and I wish that you enjoy safe driving in part 2 of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

annascott wrote: »
    I had a near death experience on Friday evening. I was in what should have been a serious crash pile up, but am instead sitting here without injury to myself or a scratch on my car. As I had to turn immediately at speed to avoid a collision, my car spun onto the other side of the road, did two full circles before landing up on a bank. This is a main road into Galway and it was just after 6.30pm, when things are busy. Somehow, there were no cars coming so I did not get hit. Also, I remember my hands frantically turning the wheel one way and the other as the car was skidding accross the road, I have no idea what was happening, it was as if someone else had taken over for me.

Has anything like this happened to anyone else here? Do you believe that it is possible for someone to be 'watching over us' and take over to help us?

I know this seems a bit 'out there'. I am just really unsettled by the whole thing and cannot think of another explanation.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

hi op thats an amazing storey...lucky you!
    i have a friend who had a similar experience and described the same feeling of someone else just taking over and she swears its angels

not really the same thing but i had an experiences on magic mushrooms, i was being held in a loving embrace by someone who had been watching me, i couldnt see them but it was like they were wrapped around me and i remember having this strong sense of just knowing they were there just for me and loved me unconditionally

that was years ago (when i was a wild child!) but it has stayed with me...i do believe there is so much more to this reality than just what we can see and although there might be 'logical' 'scientific' explanations (dont get me wrong i think science is beautuful too!) they are just our human / earthly perspective on things, which is only part of ultimate reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

Seriously? It's not down to the divine, it's down to reflexes. You were lucky you were not hurt, but that's all it is.

Seriously? Not divine but lucky. Luck is not divine it is coincidence. Wait! It was fate. Hang on! `Twas God himself! No, hmm angels, thats right.
    Feck it, probably OP was driving the car that day in that very moment and the other car`s driver was driving right there in the same moment...
    Previous thoughts drove them there? Words? Acts? Decisions, decisions..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Definitely ghosts. Saw it on Being Human.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Can I remind everyone you are posting in Spirituality, where an acceptance of spiritual beliefs is a given. If you choose to reply, please do so with respect towards those who have a strong belief in spiritual matters. Disagreement is ok, but disrespect is not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

wayoutwest wrote: »
    annascott - After expereancing such a near miss,I would be thanking the 'heavens',god or my 'lucky stars' as well. However, I would now be looking at the reasons why you expereanced such a near miss and correct your driving so it does'nt happen again. [HTML]The reason that YOU put yourself in danger was that you probably did'nt not leave enough space between you and the car in front and/or were distracted[/HTML]. If you were,say,doing 60 mph then you will travel 60 feet as you react and a further 180 feet before your brakes bring you to a halt -that is 240 feet/73 metres in total.If your tyres/brakes are half worn,the road was downhill,weather bad etc you can increase that distance.The length of a football pitch is 120 Mtrs, so you can visualise what size of gap is required between you and the car in front.If you are not familiar with the scale of a full size playing field,than I suggest you use a tape measure,and mark it out on the ground so you can see for yourself.
    I'm glad you're unscathed and I wish that you enjoy safe driving in part 2 of your life.

Thank's for this. It all seems a distant memory now. For the record, this wasn't due to my negligence, I was avoiding/reacting to someone elses mistake...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭Roger Buck

Hmm … This - from the esoteric masterpiece Meditations on the Tarot - has always spoken to me deeply about Guardian Angels …

From the meditation on the 14th Arcanum of the Tarot, pg 378 -379 … (It is in long, dense paragraphs in MotT, so I'm breaking it up with some white space …)
    Guardian Angels … make use of ... clairvoyance, which the human being —who has lost it —has need of for the protection it affords.

It is here also that the Angels display the geniality of synthetic and profound understanding — without parallel
    — which has merited them, on the part of human beings, with the attribute of "omniscience".

They are not omniscient, but the facility with which they orientate themselves in human things and grasp them—at contact with which their "dark" divine wisdom becomes resplendent — has so impressed human beings who have had the experience of consciously meeting with them that they have been led to consider them as omniscient.

It is to this impression that has been gained of Angels that the word "genius" owes its original meaning, namely that of superhuman intelligence.

But —and this is the tragic side of Angelic existence —this geniality shows up only when the human being has need of it, when he makes room for the flashing forth of its illumination. The Angel depends on man in his creative activity.

If the human being does not ask for it, if he turns away from him, the Angel has no motive for creative activity.

He can then fall into a state of consciousness where all his creative geniality remains in potential and does not manifest.

It is a state of vegetation or "twilight existence", comparable to sleep from the human point of view.

An Angel who has nothing to exist for is a tragedy in the spiritual world.

Therefore, dear Unknown Friend, think of your guardian Angel, think of him when you have problems, questions to resolve, tasks to accomplish, plans to formulate, cares and fears to appease!

Think of him as a luminous cloud of maternal love above you, moved by the sole desire to serve you and to be useful to you.

Do not allow the scruple to arise in you, however noble it may be, that when you appeal to your guardian Angel you are allowing an entity to come between you and God who is not God, and that therefore you abandon the aspiration to immediate contact between your soul and God —to the direct and authentic touch of God, without intermediary!

For the guardian Angel will never interpose himself between your soul and God in any way, even to an infinitesimal degree, to impede the occurrence of the "song of songs" of your soul and God!

He has no other concern than to make these immediate and authentic contacts possible, to render your soul disposed to them — and he withdraws as soon as his Lord and yours draws near to your soul.

The guardian Angel is the friend of the bride at the spiritual marriage of the soul and God.

Just as the friend of the husband who "prepared the way of the Lord and made his paths straight" was obedient to the law of the friend of the husband—"He must increase, but I must decrease" (John iii, 30) — so does the friend of the bride, who prepares the way of the Lord and makes his paths straight, obey the same law.

The guardian Angel withdraws before the approach of One who is greater than he.

There is what is called in Christian Hermeticism the "freeing of the guardian Angel".

• Registered Users Posts: 17 U5ername

I know people that see and / or speak with angels.
    My parents say they both saw one.
    I don't dismiss them, but I do have a different way of looking at this phenomenon.

I believe that they are a manifestation of our own higher consciousness. This manifestation can take the form you'd accept. There are many Angel readers out there. There are also those that do the very same readings while speaking with aliens. I'm guessing the latter are less religious than the former.

When I think back to some motorcycle accidents & near misses, it seems like the memory of them is in slow motion. I think that a subconscious part of us takes over in these circumstances. That same "higher consciousness" that can indeed manifest as your angel.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TheGlitchKing

We have a higher self that is a part of us and also separate. Those moments when you blurt out some bit of genius that you might never have thought of in a million years, this is your higher self stepping in on your behalf. This is why people practice spirituality, to become closer to your higher self. As you rise spiritually and become more self aware you will begin speaking to the higher selves that represent other people. Everyone who lives is a secret schizophrenic. That voice you talk to when you're trying to work something out in your head is your higher self. There's more to it than that but I don't want to spoil it.

Advertisement