Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The practice of religion other than islam in muslim countries

• 20-03-2020 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

A question for muslims. Is it not hypocritcal that muslims can practice islam in virtually any country in the world but for example if the suggestion of a christian church being built in a predominate muslim country . The idea would be castigated against

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Absolute nonsense. I lived in a Muslim country for seven years and visited many Catholic churches in a number of Muslim countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SnowWhale78

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Absolute nonsense. I lived in a Muslim country for seven years and visited many Catholic churches in a number of Muslim countries.

Its not nonsense. There are different approaches in different Muslim countries. I lived in Saudi Arabia for many years and there is no "recognised" practice of other Religions at all. Some gatherings in compounds etc but nothing official. I also lived in Dubai that allows Churches and places of worship but only in designated areas. You have essentially a collection of Churches temples etc crammed into a "Zone". Oman would probably be the most open country in terms of free practice in the middle east anyway. Pakistan and Egypt are renowned for the persecution of other religions. And of course Muslims suffer the same in China and India.

In general its much easier for Muslims to practice their religion openly in Christian or Secular countries than vice versa.

Advertisement