Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

8100109143_0ef2de26d4.jpg

Pomegranate-Punk_pack-shot.png

I love Maybelline's 24 Colour Tattoo, so today I picked up two more.

lasting-perf-concealer-lrg.jpg

The only concealer I ever use.

639953_l.jpg

L'Oreal Cleansing Oil. This is what I have bought to replace my Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel, hoping I like it as much, if not more because it was half the price.

blogger-image--1435796940.jpg

L'Oreal Micellar Solution. I bought this because skincare was on 3 for 2 in Boots and I figured why not try a micellar water!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    Picked up the Catrice Eye Primer and Shimmering Face Powder and one of the Kate Moss for Rimmel lipsticks. Incredibly impressed with all of them! The lipstick is a gorgeous colour, like my lips but better (the only one I've found so far), the primer kept my eyeshadow on perfectly all day (it's normally gone in about four hours) and the face powder gives a gorgeous, glowing sheen to the skin. Will definitely be buying more Catrice in future!

I couldn't agree more about that lipstick! It's the best I've ever come across, I've already been through one and I'm halfway through a second one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

false-lash-flutter-black.jpg

So, finally started using the L'Oreal False Lash Flutter mascara I bought a couple of weeks back.

First impressions: this brush is a serious poke in the eye waiting to happen.

Second impressions: Managed to get more on my upper eyelids than I did my eyelashes. Also really struggled to build any length or volume, and I have very long eyelashes naturally.

I'll persevere with it for another while. The brush is taking a lot of getting used to and I always find that brand new mascaras tend to be too "thin" for the first while; once they start to thicken up a bit, I find they improve. However, unless it grows on me in beanstalk-like proportions, I can see myself going back to Volume Millions as soon as it's finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭quinevere

Just picked up Lancome Bronzing mousse for 22 euros hoping that its good
    Also trilogy cream cleanser!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Just a heads up, until 5pm today you can get 50% off EVERYTHING on the Illamasqua website using the code TWITTER50

Happy shopping!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

any must have products you would recommend Smokey Eyes?!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Anabelle

Anyone know whether the Illamasqua Skin Base foundation or the Light liquid foundation is better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Very tempted by the Illamasqua Neutral Palette but think I'm gonna leave it as figure I have all those shades at home in different palletes - very proud of myself.

Everything is very good quality that I've tried from the eye palettes to the lipgloss! I used Skinbase and their shades are excellent and it's very nice on the skin haven't tried the other one!

ams wrote: »
    Very tempted by the Illamasqua Neutral Palette but think I'm gonna leave it as figure I have all those shades at home in different palletes - very proud of myself.

I was looking at it too and managed to resist, the 50% brought out the maniac in me though but managed to calm myself down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

Small haul from a few weeks ago.

GEDC1202_zps3bef9ffb.jpg

The mascara is awful! No length or volume. The eye liner pen was ok in a pinch but I've lost it already. However love the Inglot and Revlon. I'm using the light coral eyeshadow as a blush and love it! Revlon is starting to dry out but I just spray it with one of the Evian face hydraters and I get more usage.

The next Inglot palette was a present from my brother. Fair play he picked out great colours and the purple and gold together make a beautiful look.

073_zps76422320.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

How much was the Inglot palette?

Despite HATING the Nars pressed light reflecting powder I tried the loose version and bought it today...I have a powder illness!

Will report back how it fairs.

Went into The Body Shop and got my eyebrows threaded and ended up picking up their Satsuma Eau de Toilette, it's gorgeous, so fruity and orangey:P

Love it and plan to buy more now, lasting well so far!

639953_l.jpg

L'Oreal Cleansing Oil.

I really like the smell of this, but I can say after only a few uses, I probably won't re-purchase. It says it gently removes eye make-up. I don't find this to be the case and it also leaves an oily film over your eyes so you feel like you're going blind! I seem to need a lot of it to thoroughly remove make-up and because it's an oil, when you dispense it, it just drips everywhere so I end up losing product down the sink. I've realised I prefer a thicker, more gel-like consistency when it comes to cleanser.

Overall, not a bad product, but not wonderful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Despite HATING the Nars pressed light reflecting powder I tried the loose version and bought it today...I have a powder illness!

Will report back how it fairs.

Went into The Body Shop and got my eyebrows threaded and ended up picking up their Satsuma Eau de Toilette, it's gorgeous, so fruity and orangey:P

Love it and plan to buy more now, lasting well so far!

The vanilla one is amazing, its my fave. I've had so many compliments on it and when anyone asks what one is it, they are surprised its from the body shop and don't believe the price of it.

I got mine in London at Christmas, and got two bottles for £7.50 :) Will definitely repurchase it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

I got some nail varnishes delivered from the US yesterday and a bottle of Seche Vite topcoat. Painted my nails yesterday morning with Essie Fiji and used the SV over it and I have to say I'm REALLY impressed. My nails dried superquick for starters. I did notice some shrinkage of the SV over the polish after it had dried but nothing too noticeable...and the best thing is that my nail varnish is intact this evening which is a miracle considering usually when I paint them I have chips in them within a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I got a rimmel salon pro nail polish and think it's really good. It has a bigger flat brush which is always good :D

I got a rimmel salon pro nail polish and think it's really good. It has a bigger flat brush which is always good :D

Is it similar or better quality than other Rimmel polishes? I have a few Rimmel polishes and find them awful quality, thick, gloopy, take ages to dry etc so tend to avoid them, but have heard a few people say the salon pro's are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Is it similar or better quality than other Rimmel polishes? I have a few Rimmel polishes and find them awful quality, thick, gloopy, take ages to dry etc so tend to avoid them, but have heard a few people say the salon pro's are good.

They are AMAZING! Great quality, two thin coats would last me 4-5 days adn normally chip within 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Bought a soap and glory supercat eye liner pen yesterday and I love it! I had been using a loreal one but its started feathering all over the shop lately. The supercat gives a nice clean thick line. I have a mac fluid line but find lately (I dont have it that long!) but it doesnt come up that well on me.

Can anyone recommend me a volumising mascara that doesnt cost the earth? I adore givenchy phenomeneyes but cant justify it for every day. I bought loreal telescopic the other day but I don't love it - I have really long lashes so its not a lengthening one I need its a thickening one I need. SO far NYX doll eyes is the best I have found. I was looking at the collection 2000 pump up the volume, the new maybelline one and on a friends recommendation maxfactor false lashes - are any of these any good? I did try loreal volume million and hated it :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭kat.mac

Can anyone recommend me a volumising mascara that doesnt cost the earth?

I'm using an NYC one at the moment for everyday - love it. Can't for the life of me remember the name but it comes in a fat, neon pink/orange tube. I find great volume and length in it and good intense colour, and can be built up well for evening or applied lightly for work/daytime. It does flake off a little as the day goes on but that's really the only negative I have for it. For less than a fiver, I reckon it's a super product.

Bought a soap and glory supercat eye liner pen yesterday and I love it! I had been using a loreal one but its started feathering all over the shop lately. The supercat gives a nice clean thick line. I have a mac fluid line but find lately (I dont have it that long!) but it doesnt come up that well on me.

Can anyone recommend me a volumising mascara that doesnt cost the earth? I adore givenchy phenomeneyes but cant justify it for every day. I bought loreal telescopic the other day but I don't love it - I have really long lashes so its not a lengthening one I need its a thickening one I need. SO far NYX doll eyes is the best I have found. I was looking at the collection 2000 pump up the volume, the new maybelline one and on a friends recommendation maxfactor false lashes - are any of these any good? I did try loreal volume million and hated it :o

I really like Bourjois Volumizer. It's definitely one of my all time favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

So this may sound ultra cheap but Elle are giving away a 4 gram of Benefits They're Real. Its the mini one boots sell for 11 or 12 euro in Boots. The magazine is something like €5.50. Two of them = €11 and you've basically got a full size (8.5g) Benefit mascara worth €26. I find it amazing for volume and length so maybe worth a try....Plus I like having a half size just to keep things more hygenic

Now I've off to join the Stingiest things you've ever seen thread :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

I know LetzMakeup from YouTube really recommends the I Love Extreme mascara from Essence. Apparently its a dupe for some Mac mascara. She does work for Mac afaik so that's saying something. I haven't tried it myself but it's super cheap!

nursemar88 wrote: »
    I know LetzMakeup from YouTube really recommends the I Love Extreme mascara from Essence. Apparently its a dupe for some Mac mascara. She does work for Mac afaik so that's saying something. I haven't tried it myself but it's super cheap!

That's the one I was going to recommend it's very decent for the price I've bought it a few times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I've recently started using "they're real" by benefit and tbh I am not that sold on it.

Here is what it looks like on

xc7js.jpg

MUCH prefer inglots fake lash mascara.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I've recently started using "they're real" by benefit and tbh I am not that sold on it.

Here is what it looks like on

xc7js.jpg

MUCH prefer inglots fake lash mascara.

I hated they're real too. Much better budget mascara out there.

rsz_essence_i_love_extreme_volume_mascara_before.png

This is an old pic and not great but this is the Essence Mascara, excuse me not putting it on very well but it's great for the price:D

I have bought far too much make up in recent weeks, yet still bought more yesterday on Amazon.

Am considering setting up a blog for reviews etc. Any recommendations for free blogs/website hosing?

I'm not a fan of either Blogspot or Wordpress (well, I like Wordpress, but can't get the hang of it!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

astralallovermoisturize.jpg

Ran out of my all time favourite Astral original during the week, i literally used every single bit of the large tub which lasted me foreeevvverrrr! Anyway, went to my local chemist and they had the new Astral Light with Aloe vera and Vitamin E. It's COMPLETELY different and me no likey :( I love the thick creamy consistency of the orginal (which i rebought today €6.95 for 2 huge tubs) and their new Light one isn't a patch on it. Will use it for a body moisturiser but not for my face. Original is definitely best. 10/10 for Original and 6/10 for the Light

Advertisement