Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Had a small splurge in Sephora recently:

Picked up Benefit's One Prime Day for $10:
    P291808_hero.jpg

Haven't used them yet but love That Gal and looking forward to trying out the other two.

Also picked up Soap & Glory's Glow Job
    P294744_hero.jpg

It's alright, only used it once so far (this morning) and seems good.

Soap & Glory's Hot Cloth Cleanser
    P294736_hero.jpg

Used this last night, really like it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Picked up these today in Boots, they were in offer, around €3 each.

Neutrogena visibly clear wash and mask

3574660156409_IMAGE2.jpg

Neutrogena visibly clear gentle exfoliating wash

1273375113.jpg

Neutrogena visibly clear oil free moisturiser - absolutely love this!!!

716218_max.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I bought the Essence Smokey Eyes brush about a month ago, and it is AWESOME! It's the perfect shape for defining the crease as it's domed and quite small (I've found that other brushes I used kept spreading the shadow too high, as I've pretty small lids, so the shadow would be up near my brows :p). I've already purchased a backup one just in case :o Costs €2.29, which is unbelievable value.

Essence+Smokey+Eyes+Brush.jpg

essence-eyeshadow-brush.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil, in Midnight Cowboy and Delinquent:

45140_247shadow_delinquent.jpg
    45200_247shadow_midnightcowboy.jpg

Love these so far, really easy to put on and blend, and just don't budge! You can really rub your eyes as much as you want and absolutely none comes off. I can see myself wanting to add lots more to these...

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil, in Deviant (the blue one in the middle):

urbandecaypencils.jpg

Haven't had a chance to use this yet, but the colour is lovely.

Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette:

urbandecay_15thannypalette001.jpg

Again, haven't had a chance to use this yet, but I absolutely love the colours. It has just the right amount of neutrals and bright colours for me.

Mac 217 Blending Brush:

M87L.jpg

Don't have a proper eye shadow brush at the minute and I love all the Mac brushes I have so far, hope this one lives up to all the good reviews.

For the last while I've been coming out horribly pale in photos. I'm not exactly tanned in the first place, but in photos I was just this gleaming white colour, completely different colour to the rest of me! I thought it was the SPF in my foundation (Mac Studio Fix) but I asked at the counter and they reckoned it was the powder (Mac Mineralise Skinfinish Natural). I really loved it as it looked perfect otherwise. However I've switched to this:

Mac Loose Powder

96493023-260x260-0-0_M+A+C+Cosmetics+MAC+Select+Sheer+Loose+Powder+NC15.jpg

It makes a really big difference for photos, I'm not a huge fan of loose powder as it feels like I lose a lot of it all over the place, but it gives a lovely finish :)

^ 217 is a brilliant brush, love it. And the 15th Anniversary palette is great too :)

I'm heading into town tomorrow after my exam, so I plan on hitting BTs and spending my xmas voucher in Mac :D:D Can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil, in Deviant (the blue one in the middle):

urbandecaypencils.jpg

Haven't had a chance to use this yet, but the colour is lovely.

I have the aqua blue one, third from the right in the pic. They are fantastic, they literally do just glide on and the colours are so vibrant. I like to tight line my lashes with a black liquid or gel liner then put the 24/7 on the upper lash line for a pop of colour. Deviant is very pretty too, might have to get it too... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I bought the Essence Smokey Eyes brush about a month ago, and it is AWESOME! It's the perfect shape for defining the crease as it's domed and quite small (I've found that other brushes I used kept spreading the shadow too high, as I've pretty small lids, so the shadow would be up near my brows :p). I've already purchased a backup one just in case :o Costs €2.29, which is unbelievable value.

Where'd you get this?! I never see any brushes on the essence stands in Penneys!

Novella wrote: »
    Where'd you get this?! I never see any brushes on the essence stands in Penneys!

I got one in a chemist in Bundoran, and the other in Dunnes in Maynooth. Both stands had all the other brushes there too. Might be a better idea to try a stand in a chemist or somewhere like that? I find the stands in Penneys are always picked over and pretty badly stocked (although the one in the Penneys opposite Jervis is usually okay).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Used the clinique instant perfecter and the Mac illuminator a few times now and although they're nice I have a good primer that does as good a job but the illuminator isn't quite what I'm after, pity but I've stuck them on adverts at least to fund my next purchase!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil

I love these pencils, I have 5 I think. I have an eyeshadow to match each one that I put over the pencil to make the colour even more vibrant. Love them!

• Advertisement

Received these in the post today from a very kind friend, thank you :)

Avon advanced technique straight & sleek shampoo

prod_1089941.jpg

Avon advanced technique frizz control shampoo

prod_1102013.jpg

Avon Naturals Strawberry & Guava Shower Gel - this smells divine, love it :D

prod_1047731.jpg

Avon Naturals Strawberry & Guava Body lotion

NATURALS%20Strawberry%20&%20Guava%20Shakes%20Body%20Lotion.jpg?1309350420

Avon Naturals Strawberry & Guava Conditioning Body lotion

51M6aHufk8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Avon Planet Spa Dead Sea MInerals Exfoliating Body Scrub

prod_1111419.jpg

Avon Skin so Soft Replenishing Hand Cream

prod_1129051.jpg

Avon true colour eyeshadow duo - Deep Forest

$(KGrHqN,!nkE63U,fT,zBO3lwjyESw~~60_12.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I discovered a Soap and Glory make-up stand in Boots today! Delighted, what wasn't sold out looks great. I picked up a highlighter (powder compact), blusher (powder compact- 4 shades in a wheel and an eyeshadow primer (which was free, 3 for 2. The other two were €15 each). I was very impressed with the colour quality of both from the testers. The packaging is great- cardboard! Might not be for everyone but I like the non-smashiness of it. Haven't tried them properly yet.

soapglory-glow-all-out.jpg

Glow all out is the powder highlighter. The shimmer in it is subtle and the colour is gorgeous. It seems to be marketed as a face powder but it'd be a bit too glowy for that- also the packaging conflicts itself and says to use it as a highlighter.

DSCN0829.JPG

Love at First Blush is the name of this-the colour result from all of the blush colours combined is a gorgeous pink.

The (free on 3 for 2) primer is normally €11 I think.

6273177226_a92cd12ac9.jpg

I also got the No. 7 cloth cleanser which I'm sure will be great from seeing reviews here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

img1069fz.jpg

SO EXCITED to try it out properly! Not supposed to be out til the 13th but I asked in Chanel today and they had just gotten it in so couldn't resist! :D:o

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cocokay

Jwacqui wrote: »
    img1069fz.jpg

SO EXCITED to try it out properly! Not supposed to be out til the 13th but I asked in Chanel today and they had just gotten it in so couldn't resist! :D:o

i'm dying to try this too! come back and let us know what its like! i normally use double wear because i have oily skin but its starting to feel like plaster on my face nowadays, and highlighting small lines around my eyes so i need a new long lasting foundation. how much was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

Jwacqui wrote: »

Squee! I'm dying to try this out, must ask at my local counter and see if they got it in early as well! Definitely let us know how your finding it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Got two sets from the Hello Kitty x Liberty collection at Boots today, half price! So delighted! I am a massive HK fan, and when I tried to buy the Liberty fabrics online they were sold out :( But now I have something at least!

Box bath set was about €24 so I paid €12

hello-kitty-liberty.jpg

Hand wash and hand cream, was about €14, so I paid €7 or so

Boots-Hello-Kitty-Liberty-Collection-5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

got the benefit some kind of gorgeous foundation faker,

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123901928599_-1?lid=//productsuniverse/en_GB/product_online=Y/categories%3C{productsuniverse_59001}/brand_description%3E{benefit}/fit%3E{face;skin202620bodycare;tools202620accessories}

i have no idea what happened to the link. But it just smells nasty, i cant use it.
    Any one else or just me being sensitive?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

booboo88 wrote: »
    got the benefit some kind of gorgeous foundation faker,

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_123901928599_-1?lid=//productsuniverse/en_GB/product_online=Y/categories%3C{productsuniverse_59001}/brand_description%3E{benefit}/fit%3E{face;skin202620bodycare;tools202620accessories}

i have no idea what happened to the link. But it just smells nasty, i cant use it.
    Any one else or just me being sensitive?

Hmm that's strange indeed! Does it smell gone off like?

I've used that foundation before and can't say I noticed a smell, but I found it to be a crap product! Dried my skin out really bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

I dont know how to describe it, but I think I just smells bad, and apparently its oil free but I found it really greasy.
    But I bought the mini set of their face wash and moisturiser and I love it. all is not lost :)

Avon Naturals Strawberry & Guava Shower Gel - this smells divine, love it :D

http://avonshop.co.uk/shop/Assets/images/prod/prod_1047731.jpg

Avon Naturals Strawberry & Guava Body lotion

http://ba.fimgs.net/system/pics/7435/large/NATURALS%20Strawberry%20&%20Guava%20Shakes%20Body%20Lotion.jpg?1309350420

Avon Planet Spa Dead Sea MInerals Exfoliating Body Scrub

http://avonshop.co.uk/shop/Assets/images/prod/prod_1111419.jpg
    Used these today, they are fantastic, especially the body scrub.

My skin actually looks brighter and less dull, I've never had that before with a scrub, it also smells divine, the smell of it reminds of me Chanel Bleu De Chanel aftershave for men!

The hand cream is also amazing, it leaves my hands SO soft and it smells amazing. The only thing I found it that it can feel a tiny bit greasy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

I picked this up the FCUK Woman has it all gift set in boots today it was reduced from €60.50 to €15.12
    The bag is a nice size and the products smell divine I can't wait to try them out
    there was still loads on sale in Boots Childers road Limerick
    FCUK%20The%20Woman%20Has%20It%20All%20Over%20Night%20Bag.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

I just spotted on another site that the rest of boots gift sets should be 75% on wednesday 11th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Absolutely last make up buy for a little while:D:D

Shu-Uemura-UV-Under-Base-SPF-30-45.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Bought this last week and its amazing. I cant believe it was only €2.29. Its such a lovely size for crease blending. Its borderline (only very borderline) scratchy, so for that reason it gets an 8/10 from me. Going to buy a couple more. :)
    I bought the Essence Smokey Eyes brush

Essence+Smokey+Eyes+Brush.jpg

Edit: in Dunnes in the Beacon Shopping Centre, Sandyford in case anyones interested.There were loads there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

cocokay wrote: »
    i'm dying to try this too! come back and let us know what its like! i normally use double wear because i have oily skin but its starting to feel like plaster on my face nowadays, and highlighting small lines around my eyes so i need a new long lasting foundation. how much was it?
    Squee! I'm dying to try this out, must ask at my local counter and see if they got it in early as well! Definitely let us know how your finding it.

I've only used it twice, first was for a day in work, I was run off my feet and quite warm and when I looked in the mirror after it looked greasy! :eek:

Second day was yesterday put a primer under and fixed it with a spray seemed better but was only wearing it half the time.

I normally wear EL Double wear, so I'll try it a few more times and see, mixed opinions so far. It was €44.75

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭uli84

lil'bug wrote: »
    I picked this up the FCUK Woman has it all gift set in boots today it was reduced from €60.50 to €15.12
    ]

is this available anywhere close to Dublin city centre anybody knows? Wanted to get it but no joy in Jervis :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

uli84 wrote: »
    is this available anywhere close to Dublin city centre anybody knows? Wanted to get it but no joy in Jervis :(

They had a good few in Stephens Green ... The bag is actually really nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

I've been curious about the aldi range for a while, bought the carino frizz smoothing shampoo yesterday when I was doing my food shopping. Its in a lovely pink bottle and cheap as chips. Used it this morning and was very pleasantly surprised. I have long thick hair which normally turns into a ball of frizz if I don't straighten it, but this shampoo is great, my hair is smooth and soft! I love a bargain

Got this in Boots for €17 euros. :D

3-sanctuary-set-1815152.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Glowla

I don't normally report about latest make up purchases but I have got to rave about La Roche Posay Toleraine Teint fluid corrective Foundation.
    My skin began to break out in spots last summer all of a sudden (I'm 25), I've tried countless treatments and eventually I found some products that work within the LRP line. Then came the trouble of trying to find a foundation with high coverage that worked for me to cover up blemishes but not cause further havoc.

This is it ... so far I love it! I've tried so many foundations over the years that claim "Flawless" results but for me; Nuh Uhhh!

I would definetly recommend this though :)

Advertisement