Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

PlayGirl wrote: »
    Really liking maybelline gel liner! Picked it up on offer for,€5 too, raging I didn't get the Brown as well!
    Where did you get it for €5?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Picked up this Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel in TK Maxx yesterday for 26.99.

Used it last night and love it so far. My skin is glowing today.

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod1490072

They also have lots of Deborah Lippman polishes in TK Maxx at the moment. Picked up one of the True Blood sets but havent tried it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Toast4532 wrote: »

In a pharmacy in Donegal, I was up for the weekend! Delighted when I saw it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

Toast4532 wrote: »

Just under 8.10 a piece with the buy one get one half price deal in Boots if you have a student travelcard :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

lindtee wrote: »
    Esteé Lauder Gift

I went in to Debenhams for my Double Wear today and I also got seduced by the free gift :D had to buy a lip gloss as well to claim it.. Delighted with myself though..

Got all this lovely loot for €58.00..

u4jh.jpg

The day cream I got is one that I've used before and found very good.. and there's a good bit in the pot.. normally with free gifts you only get a tiny amount..

Also, the lipstick looks very red, but it actually has the consistency of a tinted lip balm or gloss.. which is great because bright reds do not suit me..

Very happy with myself :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭guillespe

I got lush think pink gift set and BB seaweed,and the sacred truth,and a coloured lip balm called it started with a kiss, its a lovely red hue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

So finally got the Mary Lou Highlighter from The Balm in MUFE two weekends ago, after having it on my to buy list for the last year.

OH.MY.GOD. This product is AMAZING! I have had so many compliments on my skin, and how luminous it looks. I used to love my benefit high beam, but haven't actually used it once since I purchased this. I think it's particularly great for pale skinned girls. It gives such a natural glow.

Just wondering any other boardsies that use mary lou, what brush do you use with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

panda100 wrote: »
    So finally got the Mary Lou Highlighter from The Balm in MUFE two weekends ago, after having it on my to buy list for the last year.

OH.MY.GOD. This product is AMAZING! I have had so many compliments on my skin, and how luminous it looks. I used to love my benefit high beam, but haven't actually used it once since I purchased this. I think it's particularly great for pale skinned girls. It gives such a natural glow.

Just wondering any other boardsies that use mary lou, what brush do you use with it?

I just bought it this week too!! It's bloody amazing!!! :)

I've yet to figure out a brush to use yet but i think a small fluffy brush or a fan brush might be best. Tried it with the Real Techniques contour brush and I think it put too much product on. It's so pigmented you need such a light hand to avoid the disco ball look!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

panda100 wrote: »

I have this for the last year or so and I agree fab product. I use the bare minerals small flawless face brush, it's nice and fluffy so perfect. I wouldn't use a contour brush as I think it would apply too much product.

I have just ordered the bare minerals bronze splendour kit as a gift for somebody. Anybody use it? What do you think?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭guillespe

cordni wrote: »
    I have just ordered the bare minerals bronze splendour kit as a gift for somebody. Anybody use it? What do you think?

I have the bare minerals set,i got three pots one is medium,one is warmth which is like a bronzer (very dark),and another is original mineral veil.

At first i found it tricky to wear,with all the different pots and brushes,but i got my head around it eventually.

When i first applied the powders , i made the mistake of not tapping off the excess powder off the brush,and i loaded the powder on literally,and i came out an orangey brown to my horror,and i didn't have enough time to fix it i had to go out the door like that for the full day!

I was mortified and horrified.So the next day i sat down with the dvd i got in the pack and watched it twice,i then went into the make up counter and got the girl to write down the steps of putting on the make up.

After that i only put on the smallest amount of powder then with each pot,and it worked out fine.

I think bare minerals is really for girls who do not want to look like they are wearing make up the coverage is not great ,but i would reccommend it for a lighter more natural look,it takes some getting used to.

guillespe wrote: »
    I have the bare minerals set,i got three pots one is medium,one is warmth which is like a bronzer (very dark),and another is original mineral veil.

At first i found it tricky to wear,with all the different pots and brushes,but i got my head around it eventually.

When i first applied the powders , i made the mistake of not tapping off the excess powder off the brush,and i loaded the powder on literally,and i came out an orangey brown to my horror,and i didn't have enough time to fix it i had to go out the door like that for the full day!

I was mortified and horrified.So the next day i sat down with the dvd i got in the pack and watched it twice,i then went into the make up counter and got the girl to write down the steps of putting on the make up.

After that i only put on the smallest amount of powder then with each pot,and it worked out fine.

I think bare minerals is really for girls who do not want to look like they are wearing make up the coverage is not great ,but i would reccommend it for a lighter more natural look,it takes some getting used to.

I'm a big bare minerals fan and have been using it for about four years. I would highly recommend the ready range. A lot less hassle than the loose. However if you do in the future try it don't go for same colour as in the loose formula. I was fairly light in the loose but medium in the ready range. Try it out :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I love Mary-Lou! Agree about it being great for pale gals, the golden tone is much softer on the skin. I use a wide powder brush to put it on in a big sweep above my cheekbones. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-mfizn40Nr84/TfBAGbJmJMI/AAAAAAAABn8/Ld2I9RNTRZ4/s1600/powder.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Never heard of the Balm before, are their products only available in Dublin? Looks kinda similar to Benefit, but prices a bit lower!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

Like Xzanti, I too got seduced by the Estee Lauder GWP so I picked up a bottle of Modern Muse (lovely!) along with a Lipstick in Vintage Mauve, a nice plum shade.

I got a slightly different gift to Xzanti however, there was a choice of a few different products and here's what I opted for :)

Estee+Lauder+Modern+Muse+and+GWP+Ireland+2013.png

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Yeah I got a little tiny sample bottle of Modern Muse, it's gorgeous :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

PlayGirl wrote: »
    Really liking maybelline gel liner! Picked it up on offer for,€5 too, raging I didn't get the Brown as well!

Also very impressed with the Nivea inn shower body moisturiser. Nicer less messy version of Johnson's baby oil imo.. I have a full review of it on my blog!

I've also just started using nivea cream (standard blue tub one) as my daily moisturiser and I love it! For such a thick cream it absorbs so quickly!

Are you me?? Favourite gel liner (liner in general!) and I've just started using both of those Nivea products too! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I was looking for a mascara the other day because I'd run out and they didn't have the one I usually buy.

I saw Collection 2000 Multiplier in Boots and what drew me to it was the plastic bristled brush.

Ever since Avon stopped selling SuperFull (and subsequently went bust), I've been looking for a plastic bristled brush because for me, they're superior.
    Collection 2000 is brilliant.
    It's virtually the same and separates each lash, while building volume and length.

Because it doesn't make your lashes clumpy, you can build and build.
    It was only €7.50 too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

p194777b.jpg

No7 Eyeshadow Contour Brush
    Got this brush a while ago and I've just bought a second one today cause I love it! It's similar to Mac's 217 but much cheaper :) (€9.50 but I had a No7 voucher)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Never heard of the Balm before, are their products only available in Dublin? Looks kinda similar to Benefit, but prices a bit lower!

I think it's stocked in Awear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Valentina wrote: »
    I think it's stocked in Awear.

Cheers, not in cork though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Was in BTs the other day and decided to visit Clinique. Got Indie Rock nail polish which I love plus it's specifically for sensitive skin. I also picked up their liquid soap in mild.

Best part was I then got the Bonus Time gift which is super. There's a mini Chubby Stick in their in Roomiest Rose and it's so lovely on!

6_12+Clinique1.jpg

Liquid-Facial-Soap.jpg

364-x-364-Clinique-Bonus-Tome.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I bought this 3 months ago but I've just used up my first tube of it now so thought I would review it.

It's the soap and glory make yourself youthful super serum. I'm only in my mid 20's but really wanted to try this as I had heard good things about it and I love oxygenating products for my skin, anyway this is fab, It makes my skin so plump and yes i'm only in my 20's my skin should be plump anyway but with late nights and looking after kids I don't always get as much sleep as I would like.

One tube lasted for 3 months using it morning and night, My only complaint is that there is no way of telling how much is left and I ran out the other day so I had to hack open the packaging (which wasn't easy as there is a tough plastic shell around the inner tube) to get the last bit out which would keep me going until I got more.

http://www.soapandglory.com/skincare/skincare-routines/make-yourself-youthful/make-yourself-youthfultm-super-serum
    myy_superserum_withbox.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Last week I bought Rimmel's 9-in-1 BB cream for about 10e after the slight disaster that was the GOSH one.

Well, it's grand. It's more mattifying, but I definitely still need powder touch-ups throughout the day. Then again, my skin is very oily anyway. And the coverage isn't bad at all, considering I'm used to high-coverage foundation everyday.

It's handy and quick to use in the morning, and I can conserve my more expensive make-up. Although it's worth baring in mind that I needed the Light shade and I'm not pale at all, so it probably won't suit pale girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Last week I bought Rimmel's 9-in-1 BB cream for about 10e after the slight disaster that was the GOSH one.

I bought Catrice 6 in 1 BB cream recently and it's pretty good for about €6.

I bought Catrice 6 in 1 BB cream recently and it's pretty good for about €6.

I've actually heard that, might be worth a try if I have a bit of spare change :)

Is it mattifying?

I've actually heard that, might be worth a try if I have a bit of spare change :)

Is it mattifying?

Afraid not, there is a bit of a 'glow' to it, but 'glow' rather than 'shine', and I have oily skin and find it pretty okay.

Afraid not, there is a bit of a 'glow' to it, but 'glow' rather than 'shine', and I have oily skin and find it pretty okay.

Ah I see! Well if it can tame the shine on my nose I'll be mightily impressed!

Ah I see! Well if it can tame the shine on my nose I'll be mightily impressed!

I think it's worth trying for that price anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Bought the new max factor mousse make up last week in the airport as id no make up with me and its nice. I was worried that it would be drying but its grand

Advertisement