Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bon Jovi, RDS, 15th June 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Weepsie wrote: »
    Were the Manics on that early yesterday?.friend said they were on at 7 , but I never know to trust his recollection even if sober.

Yeah I went mainly for Manics, they were only on at 6.50 and were gone again at 7.50, bit disappointing to loose at least 30 minutes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

imitation wrote: »
    Yeah I went mainly for Manics, they were only on at 6.50 and were gone again at 7.50, bit disappointing to loose at least 30 minutes.

Ah Ive seen them a lot, easily my most seen band, so an hour to keep me going is fine by me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Any where nearby fir a scent pint? On the way on from Stephens green?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,751 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Any where nearby fir a scent pint? On the way on from Stephens green?

O donoghues is a nice spot and not that far of a walk to the venue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Any tickets for tonight anyone? Was gold circle last night and wanna go again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I've two tickets for first to quote me. No PM's thanks

GONE thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

sweetie wrote: »
    DONE!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Jon was quite dignified through the whole fiasco but did say a couple of times that he could no longer trust Richie. He also said that year was the worst of his life and a good deal of it was down to Richie not showing up. There’s also a rumour that Richie was intending to come back for the back end of that tour and Jon wouldn’t have it. As far as the band goes, I think Richie’s burned his bridges.

If he’s back and I’m proven wrong, I’ll buy your ticket for the gig.

The reason Jon had such a difficult year was down to his daughter going to rehab , there were rumours that richie passed a comment about Jon being on his high horse regarding drugs when he couldn't keep.his own daughter in check but that seems to have been rubbished , at the end of the day he may return if they work out a less hectic tour maybe follow the Metallica method 2 weeks on 2 weeks off

sweetie wrote: »

Ahh ****, a min too late

imitation wrote: »

We didn't lose any maniac stage time they were getting the time the got no matter when they started Jovi were never going to be on for 8.10 last night it's really only a cop out from mcd to get people into the venue on time so as not to create a rush at the gates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

dobman88 wrote:
    Came on about 6.40. Bon Jovi was on at 8.30 and played until 10.40. Encore finished at 11

Manics on at 7 on the nosey, off at 7.50. My first time seeing Bon Jovi, thought the sound was fine, stage backdrop was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

colmufc wrote: »
    We didn't lose any maniac stage time they were getting the time the got no matter when they started Jovi were never going to be on for 8.10 last night it's really only a cop out from mcd to get people into the venue on time so as not to create a rush at the gates

Or sell more booze. ?. Never ever saw so many pissed ppl at a gig in my life.

We had 2 idiots infront of us who were acting the maggot all night and I passed them on the way out they were collapsed on top of each other on the grass ,but thankfully didn't see much of that ,I'd say tonight will be worse as the crowd will probably be much more casual with the amount of free tickets going

Any tickets for tonight anyone? Was gold circle last night and wanna go again!

There were loads of tickets floating around last night. Was even offered FREE ones. Tonight shouldn't be a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

colmufc wrote: »
    The reason Jon had such a difficult year was down to his daughter going to rehab , there were rumours that richie passed a comment about Jon being on his high horse regarding drugs when he couldn't keep.his own daughter in check but that seems to have been rubbished , at the end of the day he may return if they work out a less hectic tour maybe follow the Metallica method 2 weeks on 2 weeks off

His daughter overdosed in 2012. Im sure that played a part in his bad time the following year but most articles mentioned Richie, the record label fallout and the failed Buffalo Bills bid. For example:

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/a3951c6c-d788-11e6-944b-e7eb37a6aa8e

You mustn't have been at Liam Gallagher in Malahide last year so.

rushfan wrote: »
    You mustn't have been at Liam Gallagher in Malahide last year so.

Dealt with him in a previous life. I was talking about punters though :).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

We've bought some Gold Circle tickets so happy to pass our free standing etickets on to the first person that can answer the following question.

I'll PM the first user that posts the correct answer so don't answer unless you really want the tickets.

Before Bob Jovi was formed Jon was performing in an Asbury Park club and Springsteen got on stage and preformed a few songs with him..... what was the name of that club?

d21336e6285d5c69.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

We've bought some Gold Circle tickets so happy to pass our free standing etickets on to the first person that can answer the following question.

I'll PM the first user that posts the correct answer so don't answer unless you really want the tickets.

Before Bob Jovi was formed Jon was performing in an Asbury Park club and Springsteen got on stage and preformed a few songs with him..... what was the name of that club?

d21336e6285d5c69.jpg

The Fast Lane?

Probably more tonight given lots of us have free tix. Thankfully my friend is badly hungover, so it'll be just the one for me

• Advertisement

Dealt with him in a previous life. I was talking about punters though .

As you were!! 😂

There were loads of tickets floating around last night. Was even offered FREE ones. Tonight shouldn't be a problem

Got sorted in the end!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I was at the gig last night and I thought it was brilliant, the Manics did a great set when they were clearly cut up about their sound guy who died a week ago.

For the main even, while it's clear that JBJ doesn't have the vocal range anymore and is covered by the rest of the band he's well able to put on a show.

1 thing that REALLY annoyed me about the gig was all the smokers, I forgot how disgusting smoking is and I had 5 people around me chain smoke through the whole thing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Clareman wrote: »
    I was at the gig last night and I thought it was brilliant, the Manics did a great set when they were clearly cut up about their sound guy who died a week ago.

For the main even, while it's clear that JBJ doesn't have the vocal range anymore and is covered by the rest of the band he's well able to put on a show.

1 thing that REALLY annoyed me about the gig was all the smokers, I forgot how disgusting smoking is and I had 5 people around me chain smoke through the whole thing.

Or the idiots who hold their cigarettes burning end facing out, so that they burn people who walk past

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭conical

2 free tickets if anyone can use them?
    (babysitter just fell through)

Edit (for tonight, Sunday 16 June)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭lolie

Spare E ticket for this evenings gig if anyone wants to use
    it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Refused at the gate told my ticket was ready used. Gutted no idea how, anyone else with the free tickets any trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

but1er wrote: »
    Refused at the gate told my ticket was ready used. Gutted no idea how, anyone else with the free tickets any trouble

Was that one you got yourself from TM via Three or did someone give it to you?

Thanks for the ticket Nutzz. Thought the Manics were great, but it was my 15th time seeing them I think.

Bon Jovi I approached very casually. I expected to know a lot more songs than I did, but I think over here at least, unless youre a fan and have the album's that only a handful of their songs ever get radio play.

With that said, I knew every word to every Manics songs where as a lot people there knew A design for life and 1 or 2 others at most.

Also, Bon Jovi blatantly lifted a Metallica riff, had a song that sounded like Oh Darling at one point, another that sounded like Crazy Train for a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,734 ✭✭✭893bet

but1er wrote: »

Did you buy it second hand?

Advertisement