Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Slayer Megathread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Yeah but who want's to be seated during a Slayer gig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Its not just slayer though. You are prolly talking near 4 hours for all 4 bands. That's a long time to be standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I'd imagine as standing tickets are out of the equation, seated may be better than missing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Me, considering the missus is coming with me. Also, I'm getting old!

Could only get seated tickets for Rammstein and absolutely loved it, since then I've gone seated on a few more occasion and thoroughly enjoyed each time (made sure to get good seated tickets).

Can get a beer easy too (I always get end of row tickets).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Too soon to ask what time 1st band is on stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

ChopShop wrote: »

Dunno but got a message from Ticketmaster today saying that doors now open at 5.30. It was previously 6.00 pm.

Might be a curfew thing or trying to ensure that Obituary haven't finished their set by the time the hordes arrive in from the pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

ChopShop wrote: »
    Should probably get that pretty soon i'd think... something like this maybe?

Obituary: 6.30 - 7pm
    Anthrax: 7.15 - 8pm
    Lamb of God: 8.15 - 9pm
    Slayer 9.30 - 11pm

Anyone experience of the bars in the 3Arena? Generally easy enough to get a drink?

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Degag wrote: »
    Anyone experience of the bars in the 3Arena? Generally easy enough to get a drink?

Service is very quick, however the beer is woeful and expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 red1977

Got two (seated) together if anyone is looking. Can't make it now, gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

From metalireland.

Doors: 17:30
    OBITUARY: 18:30 - 19:00 {30 mins}
    ANTHRAX: 19:20 - 20:00 {40 mins}
    LAMB OF GOD: 20:25 - 21:10 {45 mins}
    SLAYER: 21:35 - 23:05 {90 mins}

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Next Question:

How difficult is it to get a taxi outside the 3 Arena / Gibson Hotel at that hr?

After the gig traffic will be at a stand still so you are better off trying to cram into the luas and getting off at Abbey street and getting a cab from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Anyone know of stuff happening after the gig? Club Hell or anything like that?

Bassfish wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1656385901136132/

Bassfish wrote: »

Most rock bars are. Ive seen ads on Facebook for Bruxelles and Sin E all having after gig events.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

red1977 wrote: »
    Got two (seated) together if anyone is looking. Can't make it now, gutted.

These still goin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

Not sure if it's allowed, but a bit last minute, I have a standing ticket going for this. A friend isn't going now.

There was a poster in the thread in the gigs forum looking for one, Scudzilla.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Really bloody enjoyed that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Wouldn't necessarily be a metal fan (my ex is a massive metal head)

But that gig f*cking rocked

The lighting, pyro, fire, background art etc were all mustard, and the sound was incredible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,954 ✭✭✭✭rob316

What a show. The sound was incredible, my third time seen Slayer and that was the best.

I'll be the first to buy a ticket if they get fed up playing golf in a couple years and want to head back out.

The lighting, pyro, fire, background art etc were all mustard, and the sound was incredible
    Could feel the heat of the pyro where i was in row G. Have to wonder how Bostoph puts up with it!!

Could feel the heat of the pyro where i was in row G. Have to wonder how Bostoph puts up with it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Degag wrote: »

Yep was in Row F and the heat was so intense

Tremendous live spectacle, and I thought nothing could surpass Muse and their drones in the 3 Arena two years ago

10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Thought it was awesome as well. I love obituary but they were just so loud and so distorted it was difficult at times to hear the riffs properly. Was disappointed that they were up first, crowd hadn't really got going at all. They had a massive collection of amp stacks with them, unlike Anthrax who I found had a very thin sound by comparison, and much lower volume. LOG were ok, not my cup of tea really.

But the main event, Slayer killed it. Sound was awesome, played tight, great setlist, bit of awkward talking before they played Payback and from then on it was relentless. Had seen them before in Ireland many years ago and was a bit disappointed, but this was top marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Missed Obituary due to two friends procrastinating in leaving the hotel to get there when the doors opened, arrived when Anthrax were coming on. One thing I hate about going to gigs with people is waiting around on them to get going, if you're going to spend 60 euro on a concert ticket, I think you should make the most of the experience...ugh!

Got to the front far left barrier and camped out there from Lamb Of God onwards.

During Slayer I got talking to this very pretty lady from New Zealand who was behind me, she was shouting "Tommy!" referring to Tom Araya, dragged her up to the barrier so she could get a better look and rest herself at the barrier, she went off during the show and got a pint, would have got her one myself but it would have ended up on the floor during the journey back with the action in the crowd, she got back and her pint was immaculate, none spilled, I was well impressed, she was even awesome enough to share it with me, she insisted. Talking away to her well it was more shouting "What!!", said for the craic she was pretty, she let me down gently. Still she was lovely. If she's reading, thanks for sharing your pint with me, legend :)

Great setlist, played everything, I got an ok video of Disciple, really wish you could put the video on here without putting it on Youtube, lots of great videos on Youtube of the show though. Really can't pick a fave song from the show, the whole thing was deadly, the scream at Angel of Death was the **** (haha) my friend took a snapchat video about 3 rows behind me of the crowd going ape**** at the start of Angel of Death, it looked terrifying in that section.

Also noticed ringing in my ears all throughout the next day especially once I got home. Noticed the NZ girl that shared the pint had ear protection, she was wise to bring it. Was also my first time at Slayer, I've been a fan for 12 years maybe now but never made it to a show and they've played here a lot during that time, gutted I might not get another opportunity. Hope they reconsider their retirement, I know they don't have Jeff or Dave anymore, but the world needs bands like that, a lot of the newer metal bands can't touch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Blahfool

Anyone know what the score was with the kid on the side of the stage during Anthrax? . Seemed to know the tunes better than I did. Until he /she got bored and disappeared!

I saw Pearl Aday there with him so I'm assuming was Scott Ian's son

• Registered Users Posts: 17,954 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I like they are going out at the top, but they are red hot still so much left in them. Such a loss to the metal world if they really do call it quits.

• Advertisement

Good idea to quit when they're in good form rather than fade out into oblivion.

Advertisement