Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steel Panther

• 14-10-2013 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I love these guys. I see they are doing a big European tour but there's no Irish date :(
    I'd say they'd get a big crowd.
    Any fans on the forum ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

cro mags wrote: »
    I love these guys. I see they are doing a big European tour but there's no Irish date :(
    I'd say they'd get a big crowd.
    Any fans on the forum ?

Yeah I think they're great too, Band that plays with great energy riffs galore and quality vocals is right up my street, the fact that their lyrics are basically a bunch of gags thrown together to form a song (and very immature ones usually) isn't gonna put me off though I do admit I might even have laughed or sang along, those guys know how to have fun and it usually rubs off on the audience they play to.

Established in the wrong decade probably but in actual fact they put some acts who take themselves seriously to shame. Managed to catch them at Download 2012 where they blew fellow spoofers Tenacious D (who had the task of following them) off the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

The lyrics get really really tiring, and their live shows look awful from the recent DVD they put out. Far too much talking between songs.

Great musically though - wish they'd put out some more serious stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

The lyrics get really really tiring, and their live shows look awful from the recent DVD they put out. Far too much talking between songs.

Great musically though - wish they'd put out some more serious stuff.

I would say that's inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

Yeah I think they're great too, Band that plays with great energy riffs galore and quality vocals is right up my street, the fact that their lyrics are basically a bunch of gags thrown together to form a song (and very immature ones usually) isn't gonna put me off though I do admit I might even have laughed or sang along, those guys know how to have fun and it usually rubs off on the audience they play to.

Established in the wrong decade probably but in actual fact they put some acts who take themselves seriously to shame. Managed to catch them at Download 2012 where they blew fellow spoofers Tenacious D (who had the task of following them) off the stage.
    i saw a video of that, corey taylor helped alot though

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Yep, I'm a believer too. Great musicianship and laugh your ass off lyrics. I dip in and out every now again (no jokes now......) and to be honest, I'd say the joke would wear thin after a while.

Death to All But Metal is just brilliant. Perfectly crafted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Spaniard14

I've seen then live in Spain. Really good live band and very funny. They tried to make jokes, but the crowd in Spain don't understand the english language.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭cro mags

Seen they have announced new dates in the UK for next march.
    any chance they'll play over here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

slim to none i'd say, pity would be a great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

I'd reckon there would enough fans to only fill a small venue in Dublin and I doubt it would be worth their while. There is an Irish fanclub page on Facebook with only 30 likes.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If they ever played over here i can only see it in the Academy

• Advertisement

Spaniard14 wrote: »
    I've seen then live in Spain. Really good live band and very funny. They tried to make jokes, but the crowd in Spain don't understand the english language.

I saw them in Austria during the summer but they actually had a bit of German and most would know English anyway was hilarious. Great time! Reckon if they came here Furious is right would surely be the Academy they wouldn't have Skindred with them and also would prob be a sausagefest :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Saw them a few years ago, my biggest criticism was that they kept stopping between songs to do these really long banter sessions with the audience, by the end there was about 20 minutes of time in which they could have been playing something else - or covering classic 80s tunes

I also think this band are now a little clichéd, following on from Tenacious D (to a lesser extent) and Spinal Tap...I just don't find a lot of what they do funny...a few of the songs on their first album were really good but beyond that they've started to produce music I don't personally find funny or entertaining, so I doubt I'll be going to see them again anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dangerous insomniac

Missed them at Download 2012 and I have regretted it ever since. I can't count the amount of times I watched their Download set on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

some of their interviews are great craic, OTT, constantly trying to corpse each other!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Steel Panther - The Stocking Song

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Steel Panther - The Stocking Song

In fairness . . . . that's p1ss poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

garbanzo wrote: »
    In fairness . . . . that's p1ss poor.

In fairness....given your username, you should be fond of the oul' double entendres. Do you not like kazoos?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Yup that's pretty dreadful. They're just tiring at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Anyone hoping for a serious Steel Panther album can forget about it.

http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2014-12-16/steel-panther-won-t-clean-up-their-act

• Advertisement

1 hour film featuring 11 fan favorites including Community Property, If You Really, Really Love Me and the brand new That's When You Came In
    West Hollywood, CA) – The internationally renowned glam rock band Steel Panther has officially announced Live From Lexxi’s Mom’s Garage, the band’s first full length film featuring a live ten song acoustic concert interspersed with comedic scenes showcasing the band’s unmatched shenanigans and debauchery. The album and film will be released on CD and CD/DVD by Steel Panther’s label Open E Records via Kobalt Label Services, on

New album "Lower The Bar" set for release on 24/2/17. They've released a track from it's a cover of Cheap Trick's "She's Tight"...

New album is out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Saw them in London last October, genuinely one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Absolutely love them. Remember hearing them years ago when Death To All But Metal Came Out and was sold right there. Love that they're doing the glam metal thing even though it's well passed that era, but that's the beauty of it I think. They don't take themselves too seriously and seem to be good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I also think this band are now a little clichéd, following on from Tenacious D (to a lesser extent) and Spinal Tap...I just don't find a lot of what they do funny...a few of the songs on their first album were really good but beyond that they've started to produce music I don't personally find funny or entertaining, so I doubt I'll be going to see them again anytime soon

The new album re-affirms this.
    The jokes are getting tired and there's not even enough musicianship in the new tracks to redeem them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

They're not a band I'd buy albums from, they're purely there for the live shows imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 War ensemble

Vicar st. Feb 6th. Nice one !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Vicar st. Feb 6th. Nice one !

A better investment than Metallica anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Get the **** in. Friday's gonna be expensive :D

Advertisement