Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Am I eligible for Psychology?

• 18-10-2012 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey everyone! :)

I have a wee question about my eligibility for a Masters in Psychology, I'm sure this is the forum for such questions?

I currently have a Bachelor of Education in Primary Teaching (this is the sole degree that I have acquired). I now wish to do a Masters in psychology (due to an interest in the subject) but I am not sure if I would be eligible for specific courses. I already have completed psych modules that were compulsory for teaching (i.e intellectual/social/emotional development, psychology of adolescence/adulthood, history and theory) so I do have some sort of experience in the field. Does anyone know of any Masters courses which would accept this content? Which college has the best course? (I would also be willing to look abroad). The course doesn't need to be child orientated, I just want to know if I could do anything in the field of psychology!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I'm not sure. You may need to complete a conversion course (I think around 4 colleges here have them) to bring you up to having the equivalent of having a BA in psych before doing an MA/MSc, that is, if you want to psychology any further in terms of training, etc. Have you covered research methods - stats, qualitative, etc? You'd likely need a grounding in that to write a psych dissertation.

Advertisement