Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stallions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭kksaints

How Aussie Rules doing as a stallion? I always liked him as a racehorse.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

The Dandy man's foals sold well in goffs last week also.

Of the 22 on offer only 1 was not sold and 1 withdrawn.

So 20 sold at an average of €20,395 for a modest €3,500.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

kksaints wrote: »

Not exactly setting the world alight. Just checked,2 group 3 winners and five listed winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

kksaints wrote: »

His first crop 2yr olds did well but they did not train on as 3yr olds this year and he has been sold to stand in the Uk. He's a nice option to give you a nice two yr old but a bit on the short side.

tryfix wrote: »
    Zoffany is a nice type and I think he has what it takes to be a successful sire. I'd rather take a chance on him at €7,500 than Mastercraftsman at €15,000.

Zoffany was a bleeder.

• Advertisement

tryfix wrote: »
    Roderick O'Connor to stand at Ballyhane stud, no details on his stud fee yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭JimDeChamp

I don't ever remember zoffany bleeding..! His wheels were a problem tho

Roderic O'Connor was the worse campaigned horse ever after his Guineas win

I totally agree but he wasn't the only horse badly campaigned, alot of horses were ran just for the sake of running them, alot were ran over the wrong trip, to me alot were disappointing also....!

Why he was put in the Irish Derby is beyond me, just like using Treasure Beach as a pacemaker in the Arc

• Advertisement

He's a grp1 winner at 2 and a classic winner and he looks the part in the flesh, taller than you'd think seeing as Joe O'B was riding him.

Hold on here now, Roderic is by no means big, he's a nice horse but one thing he's not is big....!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

JimDeChamp wrote: »
    Hold on here now, Roderic is by no means big, he's a nice horse but one thing he's not is big....!
    I thought when he ran in the Irish Derby he looked quite small running around at the back of the field. On looking at the race again he looks slightly smaller than most of the field but his stride seemed shorter than the others which made him look smaller. What do you think ?

Huntthe wrote: »
    Zoffany was a bleeder.
    First I heard of it, the horse seemed top class until his last few races. Was it a recent thing and if so why didn't the anti-bleeding drugs he would have run on in the USA improve his performance?

Roderic wouldn't look out of place in dingle...! Zoffany never bled, he couldnt run fast enough to bleed. I honestly would love to know where some people come up with these ideas...!

Did you deliberately misread what I said.Show me where I said he was 'big' ? He's not the midget he looks on TV. He's just shy of 15.3 .

Zoffany ran in the breeders cup on Lasix and two other anti-bleeder meds. It's on the record. Maybe they just gave them to him for the craic !

"He's a grp1 winner at 2 and a classic winner and he looks the part in the flesh, taller than you'd think seeing as Joe O'B was riding him."

That to me reads your saying he's a big horse...
    When did I ever say I thought he looked big from watching him on the tv, ive seen the horse on the flesh more than anyone else here he's small and if you honestly knew anything you'd know that if someone tells you a horse is 15.3 he's 15.1 or 2 and unless you bring a measuring stick with you to see a horse you won't know exactly what height he is...

All the Ballydoyle horses ran on anti bleeders, so does that mean they all bleed...?? You might think this is funny but they just ran them on it for the sake of it because they wanted as much in their favour as possible...!

Another thing being just shy of 15.3 is a nice way of saying small...! Anything in the 15 hand range is small...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Interesting NH stallion who's runners I'll be watching out for in the next while is Gold Well. He is an unraced full brother to Montjeu standing for just 1500 euro this season at Arctic Tack Stud in Co. Wexford. His two Irish runners this season both won on debut, Well Mett in a Downpatrick bumper and Joxer won in Puchestown and finished second to Moscow Mannon at Fairyhouse last weekend.
    His progeny have won 5 times from 13 runs, finished 2nd 3 times and 3rd once.

He has a few runners out over the next week or so so I'll be keeping an eye on them, obviously its quite a small sample size but a decent strike rate none the less.
    Entries this week are:

10 Dec 11:50 Lingfield Cl4 Gleann Eagas (IRE) 4-y-o, m Glen Princess (IRE)
    9Dec11 9:25 Dundalk Princess Kitty (IRE) 3-y-o, m Kitty Girl (IRE)
    8Dec11 3:30 Huntingdon Cl6 Well Mett (IRE) 4-y-o, m Beit Millat (USA)

taller than you'd think

That to me reads your saying he's a big horse

You have a comprehension issue .

If your standing beside him and you know how tall you are and have measured plenty in the same way before than you know how tall he is.
    15.3 is not small for a flat stallion. Just under 15.3 is a tad on the short side but not a major issue as long as your mares not small.

Zoffany was a bleeder, no skin of my nose whether you accept that or not . Soyouthink did not run on additional meds.

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but you know very little when it comes to horses buddy, zoffany never bled, just because a horse runs on anti bleeders, doesn't mean he's bled or ever wil bleed. I've sat on him, he's never bled...!

You saying as long as a mare isn't too small it's ok, I've seen big mares go to yeats and fastnet and they have bred rats...!

• Advertisement

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but you know very little when it comes to horses buddy, zoffany never bled, just because a horse runs on anti bleeders, doesn't mean he's bled or ever wil bleed. I've sat on him, he's never bled...!

You saying as long as a mare isn't too small it's ok, I've seen big mares go to yeats and fastnet and they have bred rats...!

Yeh , your obviously a genius ;)

You bet ya buddy... Wel done its the only true thing you've said yet....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 myfeelings

Zoffany bled through lasix on his dismal run in the Shadwell Turf Mile. Not sure did he bleed through them at the Breeders Cup but there was something wrong there as well while taking lasix.

I dont see why you'd send a big mare to yeats as the resulting foal wont race til its 3 or 4, fine if your thinking national hunt.

It is through that High Chaparral did cover national hunt mares, it was the route he was going and got very lucky indeed.

Roderic isnt big and he isnt tiny either. You dont need big stallions just look at Oasis Dream and Danehill Dancer

Another all Ireland know all here now...! Look at dancer is right his foals are all big strong foals their all like bulls...! High chap covers plenty of nh mares and to anybody who knows anything will say he's a nh stallion, Jp has barns full of high chaps... Small foals don't sell like the big ones do unless they have a savage swing to them...! Don't get me wrong tho a nice size foal has to have a frame to go with it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 myfeelings

I'm sorry to inform you but i also have a good knowledge of the breeding game so no point trying to act smart with me. And there is nothing wrong with a smallish foal that you know will turn out around 16 hands, a big backward foal is uncommercial and will struggle to find a buyer at yearlings sales. Who wants a horse that 17 hands? Not me

Lads trying to find some info on Lil's Boy as to where he's standing/fee/progeny. Can find very limited info at the minute.

Thanks Jim,that's the one I'd been using,not too much info on him there.

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Lads trying to find some info on Lil's Boy as to where he's standing/fee/progeny. Can find very limited info at the minute.

What would you like to know ? he stood at Jim Bolgers place which is managed by is nephew Ken Bolger. You should be able to look up Ken Bolger, Redmonstown Stud, just outside of Oylgate Co. Carlow. I'm not sure if they still have him. They are standing a U.S bred fella called Vocalised at the moment.

• Advertisement

Frozen power to Ballyhane 4.5k.

Advertisement