Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booze deals [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

andrew1977 wrote: »
    8 cans of guinness for 12 euro or 12 cans for 18 in my local dunnes this weekend just gone.Not sure if its still running this week, but normally is around this price all the time in Dunnes so you should be ok.

Nah just went into my local one and it's still 24 cans for €30 or essentially 8 for €10 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Nah just went into my local one and it's still 24 cans for €30 or essentially 8 for €10 :D

that offer was supposed to end yesterday you did well hatrickpatrick good on ya you won't see them prices for Guinness again til xmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

casio4 wrote: »
    that offer was supposed to end yesterday you did well hatrickpatrick good on ya you won't see them prices for Guinness again til xmas :D

Think the sign in my local Dunnes said the end of this week O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Ger Byrne 1

great

• Registered Users Posts: 81,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Heineken and Coors Light 24 500ml cans for €30 in Tesco from Tuesday.

Smirnoff 1 litre bottles €25 in Dunnes now, may only be over this weekend, not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Boo_hoo

Baileys luxe chocolate 50cl is €9.99 in O'Brien's wines. Down from 22.99. Decent deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,988 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Oyster Bay €8 this weekend in SV

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭dedaw

retalivity wrote: »
    Oyster Bay €8 this weekend in SV

Which store have you seen this in? Hopefully it's nationwide. Great spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

...and is it all Oyster Bay or just some grapes? Thanks.

It's in SV Lucan and Knocklyon - I think it the old SQ stores that have it on, so not sure if nationwide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Not in my local one and its an old one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Villa Maria New Zealand sauv blanc 8.50 in supervalue (can't remember could be 8 euro).
    Only 3 bottle per person/transaction.

Was in sv lucan again, oyster bay & villa maria sauvignon blanc, nugan estate red and white all 8e.
    Doesn't seem to be any limit, got 12 bottles myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

retalivity wrote: »
    Was in sv lucan again, oyster bay & villa maria sauvignon blanc, nugan estate red and white all 8e.
    Doesn't seem to be any limit, got 12 bottles myself

Hmm only the villa Maria reduced in greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Blankety

No sure if it was mentioned before but Lidl have a beer by Perlenbacher "Festbier", it is €1.49 each, nice tasting, Altbier style, well better than some of the other pizz out there.
    Also worth noting 5.5% under the hood, so may take you to beer heaven sooner than expected.
    I wouldn't count this a bargain (it was €0.44 in Austria), but when you see Smithwicks at €11 for 6 on "special", Festbier looks ok

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Blankety wrote: »
    No sure if it was mentioned before but Lidl have a beer by Perlenbacher "Festbier", it is €1.49 each, nice tasting, Altbier style, well better than some of the other pizz out there.

Is this bottled or canned?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Blankety

et101 wrote: »

Is this bottled or canned?

Cans unfortunately.

Oyster bay merlot 9 euro, pinot noir 10 euro in Tesco. Didn't see any discount on the whites. Best of all though is the 25% off for 6 bottles is on!

Sláinte!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Blankety wrote: »
    Also worth noting 5.5% under the hood, so may take you to beer heaven sooner than expected.
    I wouldn't count this a bargain (it was €0.44 in Austria), but when you see Smithwicks at €11 for 6 on "special", Festbier looks ok

Saw this but haven't tried it yet ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

dedaw wrote: »
    25% off for 6 bottles is on!

Good to know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭johnire

Quote: dedaw

Anyone know how long this offer in on for?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

johnire wrote: »
    Quote: dedaw

Anyone know how long this offer in on for?

Online says valid from 24th to 28th, so would assume in store is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭you2008

dedaw wrote: »
    Oyster bay merlot 9 euro, pinot noir 10 euro in Tesco. Didn't see any discount on the whites. Best of all though is the 25% off for 6 bottles is on!

Sláinte!

Oyster bay merlot taste good? 9*6=54 *75% =40.5/6 =6.75 is that a good price? never taste that wine before - so just want to make sure :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Beer deals are pretty non-existent at the moment. Tesco have Coors/Heineken slabs for €30. I notice that the prices for individual cans have been ticking up past €2 a pop in the supermarkets and the 8 and 12 can pack offers are getting really stingy.

you2008 wrote: »
    Oyster bay merlot taste good? 9*6=54 *75% =40.5/6 =6.75 is that a good price? never taste that wine before - so just want to make sure :p

In my humble opinion it's the best merlot out there. (I've tried a few!!)
    It's a steal at 6.75. It's currently 14.99 in supervalu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

you2008 wrote: »

Or 9*.75 will get you the same figure

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

anyone know of any deals on cans of Guinness? and before anyone replies €13 for 8 in Tesco I was looking for cheaper than that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

casio4 wrote: »
    anyone know of any deals on cans of Guinness? and before anyone replies €13 for 8 in Tesco I was looking for cheaper than that:)
    Think I paid €18 for 12 cans in dunnes earlier. 25% off 4 bottles of wine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Keith186

6 craft beers for price of 5 in O'Brien's. Cheapest free. Full 'craft' beer range included.

Prices only OK to begin with but it's better than full price. Offer finishes this Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭millie12345

Great about 25% off 6, anyone know if tesco do the Paco and Lola albarino?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement